Uzbek lagman recipe with photos
Love to surprise the household of the amazing dishes from cuisines of different countries? Then the recipe of Uzbek lagman with illustrative photos what you need. The dish is very tasty, rich, flavorful. The awesomeness of the Uzbek lagman that is a cross between soup and meat sauce with noodles (for the first it is very thick, and the second liquid). The classic version of this dish, but every housewife cooks it in its sole discretion, by adding or eliminating some ingredients. Lagman is suitable as a main dish for lunch or dinner.
The classic recipe of Uzbek lagman photo
Even in Uzbekistan there are several ways to lagman, the features of each version depends on the region. A classic dish must be beef or lamb, tomatoes, pepper, green radish, celery, cabbage or potatoes, special noodles. Not last role is played by cutting vegetables in the Uzbek lagman they cut just cubes. Other variations are allowed to cut the vegetables into strips. Gravy (waj) and the noodles are cooked separately, not mixed. Combine the components just before serving.
Ingredients for the preparation of Laghman
For preparing the classic Uzbek dishes for 6 servings you will need the following ingredients:
- beef or mutton (flesh) – 600-700 g;
- vegetable oil for frying;
- Bulgarian pepper – 2 PCs.;
- potatoes – 4 PCs. small (sometimes optional replace 300-400 g of cabbage);
- onions – 2 PCs.;
- carrots – 3 PCs.;
- tomatoes – 3 PCs.;
- garlic – 6 cloves;
- pickled garlic arrows (optional, on request and availability);
- fresh herbs;
- spices: salt, pepper (black, paprika, hot red), coriander, cumin — a pinch of each;
- Uzbek noodles for lagman – 400-500g.
The process of making gravy
Cooking vajji simple, take a bit of time, especially if all the products in advance prepare and chop:
- Wash the meat, cut into cubes weighing approximately 15-20 grams.
- Reheat in a saucepan with a thick bottom in vegetable oil, add the fat from the meat, garlic, fry well.
- There also add meat, add salt, stir fry until lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
- While preparing beef or lamb, peel and chop the vegetables. For the classic recipe — diced, but at the discretion of the can into strips.
- To the meat add the queue onions, carrots, potatoes (Kale), bell peppers, and tomatoes. Lay the vegetables in this order, making a short pause in a few moments. All is well roasted.
- Add spices, pickled garlic.
- Pour vegetables and meat with water, simmer on low heat until the potatoes are done. A few minutes before turning off the fire add the chopped parsley.
Cooking Uzbek noodles
For lagman, a special noodle — chusma. It is sold in special sections or cook for themselves. Experienced chefs of Uzbek cuisine pull it manually. To make noodles you will need the following ingredients:
- flour/g – 700 g;
- eggs – 2 PCs.;
- water – 1 Cup+0.5 for hydrochloric soda solution;
- vegetable oil – 100 g;
- salt – 1.5 teaspoon;
- soda – 0.5 teaspoon.
The cooking process Cosmi is a laborious and time-consuming, but very worthwhile. Observing the sequence, the noodles for lagman will make even a novice, although I have to try:
- To start knead the dough. In a bowl drive egg, add 0,5 teaspoon of salt and mix better to do it with a whisk, although in reality it does not matter. Add water. To connect the substance with sifted flour and knead the dough – it should not stick to hands and the table. Cover with a clean towel, plastic wrap or cling film and leave to rest on the table for about an hour and a half.
- To prepare the solution: to a glass of water take 1 tsp salt and 0.5 tsp soda, mix well until dissolved. It is needed to lubricate the dough knead until completely absorbed the liquid. It is believed that the solution gives the elasticity needed to make noodles.
- Divide the dough into small pieces the size of a normal pencil. Each well-lubricated, carefully laid out on a large dish, cover and leave for half an hour.
- After that start pulling the noodles: slightly stretching the dough, is passed through the fingers all the billet, slightly twisting left to right. Then repeat the procedure, only with a twist in the opposite direction – doing the wiring. So do each part. The resulting bundles are 1 on the table so they don’t stick together.
- The noodles are boiled in a deep container with plenty of water. After boiling, lightly salt and spread on 1 harness in the pan. Catch the noodles right after it POPs up. It should take no more than 5 minutes after placing it in water, otherwise it seethe and will not be right.
- Cooked noodles were washed with water and put in a pot, watering butter.
Video recipes lagman-Uzbek
I did not like it was described recipes with photos, but still it is better one time to see with your own eyes how the dish is prepared. Below are 2 video recipes lagman: the first is a traditional Uzbek self-pulling noodles, the second is a simplified version in the slow cooker. Both dishes very tasty and satisfying, but what to cook, you just choose.
How to cook Uzbek soup lagman beef
Lagman – one of the favorite dishes of Uzbek people. It turned out delicious, you need to approach the process with love to relatives and to those who are going to feed dish. In the video, an experienced cook will tell you that you need for a real Uzbek lagman, and how to cook it. A visual representation of the process and comments will help to understand even for a beginner.
Step by step recipe of lagman in multivarka
If you think to cook lagman is very difficult, the following recipe will be open to you and will help you quickly master the process. A great help will be the slow cooker, which recently appeared in the kitchen, but it took a worthy place. Watch the video below, you will be able to do it lagman and surprise your loved ones with a new original dish.