Tomatoes in the snow with garlic for the winter
When summer comes to an end, begins the harvest and storing it for long term storage. Canning tomatoes for the winter – the usual autumn activity for almost every housewife. Get a delicious, quick meal, decorate any table. How to cover this product with a minimal amount of ingredients?
Canning tomatoes with garlic
The classic version of the twist, does not require complicated or expensive components of the whole sets of spices or continuous operation – simple maintenance with addition of garlic cloves. It can be a standard salting or marinating with an acid ingredient (vinegar, citric acid). If you pick the right recipe, the workpiece will last several winters if not eaten earlier.
Classic brine-liter cans consists of:
- water – 1 l;
- salt – 2 tbsp. with top;
- sugar – 1 tsp
Other ingredients of the brine:
- tomatoes (better to take a «ladies ‘ fingers») – 0,9-1 kg;
- garlic cloves – 3 PCs.;
- leaves of currant, cherry and oak – beam;
- fresh Basil.
The principle of the preparation of meals for the winter:
- Banks warm up over the steam, cover to boil.
- Wash the tomatoes, chop at the point of entry of the stalk. Garlic is cleaned, sliced crosswise into 2-3 parts.
- The bottom of the jar put half the washed leaves on top to attach the tomatoes. Pour water, wait for half an hour, drain it.
- To make the brine: boil the drained water, add salt and sugar. Remove from the hotplate.
- Last steps: between the tomatoes put the leaves of Basil and slices of garlic.
- Pour the hot brine, and close.
Tomatoes under snow with garlic and mustard
The highlight of this recipe is not the ingredients, which hardly differs from the classical, and in the appearance of the finished dish. Grated garlic creates a beautiful cap of snow over the tomatoes. It will be especially lush if you close the workpiece liter jar and larger. The amount of each ingredient selected by eye. Exception – marinade: 30 g of salt, 50 g sugar and aspirin tablet in 1 liter of water. The ratio should be left unchanged, increasing the proportion of components number of products.
Composition of canned snacks:
- tomatoes (to fill the container up to the shoulder);
- mustard powder;
- garlic cloves;
- the leaves of the Laurel;
- sugar and salt (for the above calculation);
Cook the tomatoes in the snow with garlic for the winter easy:
- At the bottom of each sterilized jars put Bay leaf. From the top to determine a bit of mint.
- Washed tomatoes tightly placed on top, pour boiling water up to the throat.
- Drain the water after 15 min., add all marinade ingredients, except for aspirin. After boiling, throw him. Add the cinnamon, mustard powder.
- Fill the container with tomatoes this liquid, on top sprinkle the grated garlic. Marinate half an hour.
- To put the banks in a pot of water, wait until boiling, after you roll up the cover.
Canned tomatoes for the winter in their own juice
This recipe is popular due to the speed of cooking meals. Juicy tomatoes marinated with garlic quick cooking have a lovely sweet taste and aroma, is apt to leave even the novice mistresses. Vinegar is not felt, so the dish is popular with the children. However, most small to give it undesirable. Experts advise not to use varieties of Chinese garlic, as they often take on a blue tint, if you marinate them.
Ingredients for 2 liter jars of savoury food for the winter like this:
- tomatoes – 1.5 kg;
- sugar – 110 g;
- salt – 55 g;
- horseradish root;
- garlic, grated – teaspoon;
- vinegar – a tablespoon.
Cook the tomatoes in the snow with garlic for the winter can be in the following technologies:
- Sterilize the jars with lids.
- Fill the container with tomatoes, spices to add.
- Pour boiling water, cover with a lid.
- A quarter of an hour to drain the water, add sugar and salt. After boiling enter the vinegar.
- The snow is created quickly: grind grated horseradish root and fresh garlic cloves, sprinkle the shavings of tomatoes.
- Add the coriander. Pour boiling marinade, just close.
Marinated tomatoes for the winter without vinegar
Mouth-watering tomatoes «under the snow» are obtained through citric acid. This appetizer allowed to give children, from the age of six or older, since the load on the stomach is still not disappears. The dish has a sweet taste, and tomatoes – a surprise for those who were not present during their preparation. The list of components is:
- tomatoes (round, small) – 1.5-2 kg;
- water – 3 liters;
- carrots small;
- head garlic;
- granulated sugar – 2/3 Cup;
- salt – 3 tbsp;
- citric acid;
- pots of pepper;
Marinate the tomatoes in the snow is easy:
- Boil water, add sugar. When dissolved, add salt.
- Check marinade taste. If necessary, add spices.
- Tomatoes wash, the area cut the stalk in its place to introduce the piece of carrot.
- Put them in a jar, enter peas pepper with dill, pour the usual boiling water to cover.
- After half an hour, drain the water, replace it with the marinade. Squeezed through a garlic press to distribute the top – it will snow.
- Add the citric acid, the amount of which is calculated individually for litre containers only need a few grams.
- Roll up, let stand for the night under a blanket.