Classic recipes from the tkemali plum
Georgian cuisine able to conquer its elegant, unusual taste. And if you make the sauce this cuisine, in addition to it any food will turn into unusual. Tkemali is one among such Eastern delicacies, that served as a complement to meat and fish, side dishes. The article will explore the best recipes of Georgian sauce, how to make yellow, red sink, on the stove or in a slow cooker.
Tips on preparation of traditional Georgian sauce from plums
- Yellow, red, blue plums should be moderately ripe, firm and not too soft.
- Good for cooking tkemali match different types of plum, because the fruit is easily separated from the bone and quickly prepared on the stove.
- Include spices in the preparation of Georgian sauces – coriander, chilli, coriander, Khmeli-suneli, they help to create the desired taste.
- If the recipe you need to clean the plums from the skin, then a great way is to scald the fruit with boiling water and soaking them in hot liquid for 5 minutes. After this, the fruits are cleaned from thin crust, which is easier to work on preparing the sauce.
- Not much time to cook ketchup, this taste quality can deteriorate, and the nutrients will be reduced.
- Non-spicy tkemali sauce allowed to eat even to children, because of the natural ingredients. The main thing is to serve the dish from the usual kid food.
Step-by-step recipes classic tkemali plum with photo
There are many recipes of the sauce tkemali, every real Georgian add something different and special. But there is a proven classic recipes that never go wrong with the future taste of the dish. For novice cooks are encouraged to use simple methods of cooking, and then maybe take unusual options. Consider the recipes of the most delicious Georgian sauces tkemali.
A classic recipe sauce-tkemali yellow plum
The yellow plums ripen in Midsummer, while some varieties are early and ready to use in early July. By this time the bulk spices are not yet ripe, so you need to get dry, harvested earlier seasonings. Sauce tkemali yellow plum has a wonderful Sunny color, that attracts the attention of not only unusual taste. Outwardly, this dish can be like mustard, but try it, just be clear that this is a completely different food. Consider the classic recipe for this sauce.
- Ripe yellow plum or plum – 1 kg;
- Sugar – 50 g;
- Garlic – 2-3 heads;
- Salt – taste preferences;
- Hot pepper – 1 pod, up to 7 cm;
- Cilantro, fresh or dry – 50 g;
- Fresh dill – 60 g;
- Grains of ground coriander – 1 tsp.
How to cook classic sauce tkemali cherry plum sauce yellow step by step:
- My fruit under running water, dry on paper towels.
- Use the grinder to grind plums or cherry plums, before getting rid of the bones.
- Add salt, sugar, put in a saucepan, cook on stovetop for 7-9 minutes.
- Until the sauce is cooked, clean, wash, grind in a blender or grinder garlic, pepper, herbs, spices.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the boiling plum sauce, mix thoroughly and proverjaem all together for 1-2 minutes.
- After that, it’s worth a try on the edge of the spoon and the sauce is ready, according to your own preferences, correct the taste.
- For harvesting in winter, a hot meal spread out along the banks or glass bottles, tightly closed tin can lids.
- Left tkemali allowed to eat immediately after cooling to room temperature.
A simple recipe prepare the sauce in a slow cooker
Crock pots have long been replaced by pressure cookers, steam pans and ovens, the dishes easily and without any waste of time it is possible to prepare the most delicious dish. Popular tkemali sauce will turn out perfect with the use of such kitchen appliances, but the recipe needs to be special. Consider how to cook this dish in a slow cooker, so it was really Georgian.
- Plums of any variety, slightly greenish, sour – 1 kg.
- Dill, parsley fresh – 1 bunch.
- Salt, sugar – on taste preferences.
- Vinegar 70% – 1 tsp to 1 liter of sauce.
- Fresh peeled garlic – 6-7 cloves.
- Red pepper pod – 1 piece or powder – quarter tsp
- Georgian seasoning «Khmeli-suneli» – 2-3 tbsp
To properly prepare the original sauce tkemali in multivarku, you must follow these steps:
- Wash well under water our fruit, garlic and herbs, put them in a colander or sieve to get rid of excess water.
- Cut each plum, remove the stone.
- In the bowl multivarki put sliced fruits, herbs, garlic. All this grind with a blender. Working with the appliance carefully so as not to damage the surface of the bowl. Otherwise, this step is better done using another container.
- Add the spices, salt, sugar and stir. Try on the edge of the spoon a little sauce tkemali, and if necessary adjust the taste.
- Put in a bowl multivarki, set the mode «Quenching» for 1 hour and 20-30 minutes.
- After that, more hot sauce, plum sauce spread on banks and roll up the iron covers. Stored in the cold for 2-3 years. Bon appetit!
Ketchup, plum sauce with added hops-suneli
The national seasoning of Georgian Khmeli-suneli is very popular among chefs because it contains very aromatic spices. It is customary to add almost every Georgian dish. Tkemali sauce with these spices will be an unusual smell and taste. But there is an important point that the dish really was so fragrant, Khmeli-suneli need to put in time. Consider ketchup recipe with those spices and the proper phased its implementation:
- Wild plums, small (allowed to take Hungarian) – 1 kg.
- Ripe Sloe – 200 g
- Red pepper – 1 pod.
- Sweet pepper – 2 PCs.
- Seasoning «Khmeli-suneli».
- Salt, sugar – according to taste preferences.
- Mint, Basil, other spices – on taste preferences.
- Garlic – 1 peeled head.
Step-by-step process of cooking asparagus with seasoning hops-suneli:
- Green plums washed, cleaned from the bones.
- Similar actions produce a turn.
- Next you need to mix the fruit, add the peeled peppers, herbs and spices.
- Grind in a Blender all the fruit. If the device is not, it is better to use the grinder.
- Add to the resulting mass salt, sugar, seasoning hops-suneli.
- Put in a container for future sauce grated garlic, stir.
- The mass set on fire and bring to a boil. After that, you need to try a snack and, if necessary, to enhance the flavor (adding sugar, salt or vinegar).
- Boil the sauce for about 15 minutes and pour hot into containers for storage.
Plum tkemali with peppers through a meat grinder
The secret to a tasty tkemali lies not only in the correct varieties of plums, but in interesting supplements. In different recipes found the addition of tomatoes, apples, lemon juice, olive oil, etc. is Very popular is the asparagus and bell pepper, this vegetable gives unusual dishes and sweet tone. Consider good way prepare this asparagus.
- Plums of any sorts, it can be different 1 kg.
- Bell pepper any color – 400 g
- Purple garlic – 2 heads.
- Red pepper – 2 pod.
- Seasoning – according to taste preferences.
- Salt, sugar.
Step by step process of cooking the sauce tkemali pepper:
- Rinse and clean all fruit and vegetables.
- Mince the pepper, plums, garlic.
- Further, it is necessary to grind the resulting mass through a sieve to extra large pieces were not included in the sauce.
- Put the workpiece in a pan on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add seasonings and spices according to taste preferences.
- Boil sauce until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour into banks and roll up tightly with iron lids.
Video recipes: how to cook asparagus in the home
To prepare Georgian tkemali sauce at home is not so difficult, important to stock up on tasty and quality ingredients. But for beginners in the culinary business should learn from the examples of other, more experienced masters of the kitchen. It does not need to go to Georgia and look for old cook, you want to view educational videos that demonstrate the processes of cooking the sauce tkemali. Such stories we offer you to look further.