The recipe of wine from Aronia at home
Chokeberry or Aronia is a common plant of North America, where there are about fifteen species, while in our latitudes it grows only three. This is very useful berry. It is widely used by winemakers and in this article, you will learn the recipe of wine from Aronia at home. In addition, it is used in medicine for making vitamin complexes, medicinal syrups. Aronia reduces blood pressure. However, this berry and the products made from it cannot be used when increased blood clotting, gastric, ulcer.
How to choose the right grapes for wine making
The most important thing when using Aronia for making wine at home is to collect ripe berries. Until the end of August Aronia begins to darken, but this does not mean that it is ripe. You must wait until the frost in October, and then chokeberry has a sweet taste. To check for ripeness, you can use another trick: if you crush the berries, the juice should be a rich ruby color.
It is important to pay attention to the appearance of black chokeberry. It should not be shriveled, spoiled or rotten. The berries should be large, shiny, not too hard. If little smack on the Aronia fingers, it will be a little soft. Before cooking the berries require treatment – removal of twigs. Adhering to these regulations when choosing chokeberry for making homemade wine, you will enjoy its sweet taste.
What dishes will need
For winemaking at home, it is important to choose the right utensils for the preparation of the wort and fermentation. Better to give preference to wood, glass, enamel without damage, and still dish of food grade plastic. For fermentation more convenient to use the first two types, and for intermediate play of the other two. If you want to use wood, it must be made of oak. For wine suitable container of pure metals – iron, copper, aluminum.
Glassware allows you to watch the fermentation through the transparent walls, however, it has drawbacks: the fragility, the density of the walls for air, and to accelerate the maturation of the drink required a small amount of air, yielding a temperature change. To eliminate these disadvantages in the preparation of wine at home, a glass bowl, wrap with felt, thick cloth, put inside a wicker basket.
Traditional winemaking is wooden utensils. In it, the temperature varies slightly, the wort is protected from exposure to light, through the pores of the material permeates the air in small quantities, sufficient for the yeast. The wine Matures in barrels better, faster, and the oak gives the drink tannins and the qualities that are not available in the manufacture of glass and other vessels. However, in wooden tanks, it is impossible to follow the course of the fermentation.
The best step-by-step recipes for home-made wine from black chokeberry
In the circle of winemakers Aronia is highly. Wine from black chokeberry turns extractive, with a dense rich ruby color that can be seen in the photo. If you collect the fruits in mid-September, when the berry has a maximum juiciness, the drink is well lit. Black chokeberry is suitable for making wine of any variety, however, rarely prepared table due to their poor taste, astringency. It is better to prepare a strong, dessert types. In many recipes the wine from Aronia berries mixed with other juices to get a less tart taste.
A classic recipe
Recipes wine from black chokeberry is a lot like and drinks from other fruits. First, consider the classical technology. The resulting wine has a luxurious bouquet of aromas and flavors. Prerequisites:
- sugar – 2 kg;
- chokeberry – 5 kg;
- cooled boiled water – 1 liter;
- the unwashed raisins – 50 g.
Step-by-step recipe for wine from black chokeberry:
- Mash unwashed berries wooden pestle or hands.
- The resulting puree put in a container, mix up 1 kg of sugar, add the raisins. Stir, cover, leave for a week in a warm place. Daily stir the workpiece.
- Collect the pulp, squeeze the juice through cheesecloth. The filtered juice, poured into containers for fermentation. On top put on a rubber glove.
- The remaining cake pour warm water, add remaining sugar, stir, cover, leave for a week in a warm place.
- The filtered cake. Remove the glove from the bottle, pour in the juice is pressed and put back the glove.
- Every two days the wine must be filtered, pouring through a thin hose into a clean container and putting on the gloves. This process is repeated until the termination of fermentation.
- The finished wine is bottled, sealed, sent in a dark, cool place for 2-4 months to Mature.
Homemade wine from juice of black chokeberry through the juicer
Chokeberry contains a sufficient quantity of sugar to form alcohol, the fermentation, therefore, to prepare wine from it at home just. The original recipe calls for the juice of chokeberry. To get it, you need to use any type of juicer. Necessary ingredients:
- juice Aronia – 1, l;
- sugar – 250 g;
- water – 400 ml;
- yeast – 30 g per 1 liter of wine.
Stepwise recipe wine at home from chokeberry:
- Mix water, sugar and juice. Add the yeast to accelerate the fermentation of wine from Aronia.
- Pour the wort into the prepared dishes are clogging with cotton plugs.
- By the end of vigorous fermentation, you need to ensure the output of carbon dioxide. To do this put on the capacity of the rubber glove.
- After fermentation it is necessary to decant the wine, pour into bottles, leave for a couple of months in a cool dark place.
Home infusion of chernoplodku with cherry leaves
Liqueur from Aronia appreciated for its unmatched aroma, tart flavor. This drink will decorate any table. According to the recipe to improve the taste and flavor added cherry leaves. Prerequisites:
- cherry leaves – 100 g;
- black chokeberry – 1 Cup;
- sugar – 1 glass;
- water – 1 l;
- vodka – 0,5 l;
- citric acid – 1 tsp
Step by step recipe for tincture of chokeberry at home:
- Leaves, berries, fill with water, put on fire, boil for 15 minutes. Let cool, squeeze the leaves.
- Add citric acid, sugar, boil 20 minutes on low heat, preventing a strong boil.
- You need to cool, filtered, and pour in the vodka, stir. After 6-8 hours you can try.
Fortified tincture of chokeberry vodka
The process of making a tincture takes a lot of time, as chokeberry are extremely reluctant to give the juice. For beverage, you must choose only ripe berries. Before cooking the fruit need to sort out, discarding of damaged, small immature specimens. Instead of vodka you can use the alcohol, diluted to a value of 40 degrees. Prerequisites:
- sugar – 800 g;
- berries chernoplodku – 2 kg;
- vodka – 1 l
Step by step recipe for tincture of chokeberry at home:
- Berries pour boiling water.
- Skip chokeberry through a meat grinder, squeeze through cheesecloth juice.
- Juice mixed with sugar.
- Diluted vodka syrup.
- Ready drink bottle with dark glass, are clogging the tube. Stored in the basement or fridge.
A simple recipe of wine with raisins in 3-liter jar
Wine from Aronia melanocarpa in home preparing on the principle grape. This healthful beverage has the unique ability to relieve the pressure. The original recipe calls for raisins, which need not be washed as chernoplodku, otherwise you will wash away the natural bacteria that cause fermentation. Prerequisites:
- raisins – 100 g;
- black chokeberry – 1 l;
- sugar – 700 g
Step-by-step recipe for wine from black chokeberry:
- Chokeberry pour in three-liter jar. Add sugar, raisins. Add water at room temperature, without adding to the brim.
- Close the jar tightly, remove from light. Every day stir the wine without opening the jar in a circular motion.
- After a week, add 300 g of sugar, stir.
- Another week later, add 300 g of sugar. Leave for a month, stirring occasionally.
- After a month, add 100 g of sugar. When all the ash settles to the bottom, the drink is ready.
Wine from black chokeberry and grapes with yeast
Prescription Aronia is diluted by the addition of grapes. Due to this, the wine takes on a more classic taste, and astringency is reduced. The grapes for wine making pre-wash. Prerequisites:
- chokeberry – 5 kg;
- yeast – 30 g per 1 liter of wine;
- grapes – 2 kg.
Step-by-step recipe for wine from black chokeberry and grapes with yeast at home:
- Mash the grapes and mountain ash that is placed in the bottle, add the yeast. Cover with a light metal cover, occasionally stir.
- After 6 days, drain off the juice, squeeze the pulp through cheesecloth. Pour the pulp with warm water, again squeeze.
- Mix all the juice, add 200 g of sugar per 1 l Leave to ferment under the metal lid to decay.
- In the end, close the bottle with gauze on top of the metal cover so that took a little air.
- After completion of fermentation to taste add sugar. Allow to settle until transparent, bottle via the siphon. Stored in a dark place.
Dessert wine from chernoplodku with apples without yeast
Wine from apples and Aronia has a high sweetness that will appeal to fans of dessert wines. The apples balance the astringency of Aronia berries, thereby making the taste milder. For this recipe, the addition of yeast required. Necessary ingredients:
- apples – 1 kg;
- Aronia – 2 kg;
- sugar – 3 kg.
Step-by-step recipe dessert wine from black chokeberry apples at home:
- Grind the apples, mash the berries, stir, place a kilo of sugar.
- Put the whole mass in a two-gallon bottle. Fill two-thirds full with water, stir. The neck tie with cheesecloth, and leave for a week in a warm place. Daily stir.
- After a week, add 1 kg of sugar. Leave for 7 days stirring daily.
- Add the last kilo of sugar. Waiting for a week, stirring daily.
- A couple of weeks the wine will ferment, however, stirring is not necessary. When a precipitate will fall, and the contents rises, the wine is ready.
Homemade wine from berries of Aronia berries without sugar with honey
How to make wine from Aronia at home? Add honey instead of sugar makes it more useful. In addition, this sweetener gives an extraordinary bouquet of aromas and flavors of the finished beverage. The wine in this recipe is prepared very easily and quickly. Necessary ingredients:
- honey – 1 Cup or more to taste;
- water – 1 l;
- Aronia – 1 Cup;
- cherry sheet – 80 PCs.;
- citric acid – 0.5 teaspoon;
- vodka – 0.5 liters.
Step by step recipe of wine from berries of Aronia with sugar-free honey at home:
- Proverjaem berries and leaves on a quiet heat for 10 minutes. Let cool, filter.
- Add citric acid to the drink, and honey.
- Cook 15 minutes on low heat.
- Let cool, pour in the vodka. Bottle, are clogging the tubes. Put in a couple of weeks in a dark place protected from sunlight.
Aromatic tincture of chokeberry and plum on alcohol
Chokeberry is ideal for making tinctures. The drink is extractive, with thick gorgeous ruby color. Tincture refers to an ancient Russian drink, which differ in medicinal properties. It is important to observe the proportions, otherwise the drink will taste bitter. Prerequisites:
- chokeberry – 700 g;
- plum – 300 g;
- alcohol – 1.5 l
Step by step instructions to the recipe of tincture of chokeberry at home:
- Rinse the berries with water.
- Pour chokeberry and plum alcohol.
- Give the mixture to steep for 2-3 weeks.
- It is necessary to conduct pumping tinctures. Before use, dilute to a concentration of vodka.
What to do if the wine ferments
Exact adherence to the recipe does not guarantee that the wine from Aronia at home will be fine to ferment. In some cases, this process does not start or stops suddenly for a few days. However, one should not panic as the situation is remedied. Below will discuss reasons for the lack of fermentation and how to fix them:
- Absence of sealing – closed if the container is leaking, there will be no bubbles in the water stopper, since carbon dioxide gas leaves through other ways. In this case, the house wine is playing, but you don’t see it. If the intensity of fermentation reactions will be reduced, the capacity of the air will enter, causing souring of wine vinegar. To solve the problem, check the integrity, reliability test samate joints or other natural adhesive substance.
- There has not been enough time the yeast will need time to activate. It may take from several hours to three days depending on temperature, sugar content of the raw materials used. Subject to all conditions, you should wait 3-4 days, and then to draw conclusions.
- The wrong temperature the yeast shows activity at 10-30 degrees. At higher temperatures they die, cold sleep. It is important to avoid even small changes. If the wine start fermenting at 20 degrees, you should maintain this value. When the mismatch temperature indicators with recommended parameters, you can transfer the capacity to the appropriate place. If the wort was at temperature above the maximum threshold, then add wine yeast.
- Too thick consistency, which eventually prevents to play the blame. In this case you need to dilute the wort acidic juice or water, adding no more than 15 percent of the original volume.
- High or low sugar content – for the wort the optimum amount of sugar is considered to be 10-20 percent. Low sugar content is no product for processing, when high blood sugar becomes a preservative that inhibits the activity of yeast. If the wort is too sweet, dilute it with water or acidic juice, pouring no more than 15 percent of the original volume, and if a little sugar, add it from the rate of 50-100 g per litre of juice.
- Wine can be covered with mold in the initial stages you can try to get rid of it by removing the foil, and drain through a straw wine in another container. This happens when you use rotten grapes, poorly washed containers and other devices.
- Poor quality yeast – wild yeast strains unstable, so at any moment can stop working. To restore you need to add store-bought wine yeast, homemade yeast, high-quality raisins (20-30 grams per 5 liter) or crushed grapes (5-6 pieces per 10 liters).
- The end of the fermentation the yeast with an alcohol concentration of 10-14% die. Natural fermentation does not obtain a more robust wine at home, so alcohol is added to increase the degree. Drink on average, wanders from 14 to 35 days, after which the process is gradually eroding. Low-alcohol wine after aging clarified, appears on the bottom sediment, the water seal is no longer blowing bubbles.
The benefits and harms of home-made wine from black chokeberry
Chokeberry created by nature to give man a tart taste to maintain health. Wines from this fruit have specific astringent taste, use at reduced pressure, for digestion. The drink increases the flow of bile, improves liver function. Wine from black chokeberry – a thick nectar with a rich noble color dark ruby. It is useful to drink in the residents of cities, since it protects the body from radiation. In addition, the wine recommended in diseases of the thyroid gland.
However, wine from Aronia is able to harm a person with certain diseases. This hypotension, varicose veins. Do not abuse drink in gastritis with high acidity, ulcers of the duodenum and stomach. Wine from black chokeberry can cause harm if increased blood clotting due to the high content of ascorbic acid, thrombophlebitis.
Video: how to make wine from Aronia at home
To make wine from Aronia melanocarpa in home no more difficult than the other fruit. The fruit pulp has sweet and sour taste, astringent, dark ruby color with vitamins C, e, f, A, glucose, sucrose, fructose, organic acids, iodine, manganese, iron, magnesium. The unique properties of chokeberry are transferred to the wine, turning it into a healing remedy for low immunity, cholesterol, laxity of vascular walls, jumps in blood pressure.
To drink benefit, it is necessary to drink moderate doses of not more than 100 ml per day. Wine from Aronia melanocarpa in home preparing is not difficult. The stages of its preparation identical to the preparation of other berries and fruits: collection chokeberry, preparation of, obtaining of juice, fermentation, filtration and maturation. However, there are a number of nuances and subtleties, without which is a delicious, aromatic drink you get a dubious taste. In order to see them, see the following video.