Risotto with chicken and mushrooms
- 200 gr of rice
- 1 chicken
- 500-700 ml of broth
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 gr of mushrooms or white mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 20 gr. butter/olive
- Spices – salt, pepper, Bay leaf
Method of preparation
- Cook the chicken soup according to the rules, add whole onions and carrots, spices. For the risotto using the broth and white meat – the breast. Strain the broth and set aside. White meat is cut into small pieces. Also cut the mushrooms – ideal white and mushrooms – and in selling them you can always find at least frozen. In butter fry the chicken pieces and mushrooms.
- Round grain rice is put in a deep pan with a thick bottom (also great cauldron or you can use the slow cooker if it is in your kitchen) in the hot butter. Stir fry the rice until it is completely absorb oil. Then pour in the rice wine, stir again and simmer the rice until it is absorbed and evaporation of the liquid. Begin to pour the ladle of the broth, following the same rules – simmer, stirring, until absorbed and evaporation of the liquid. The secret to risotto is in the rice for him to use varieties with a high starch content and in method of preparation.
- The structure of the risotto should be slightly creamy in the Italian language even has a word corresponding to the Russian «volna», which they describe the consistency of a risotto.
- When the rice reaches the «al dente» — that is externally hard and soft inside – you can mix with the chicken and mushrooms and serve.