- The dough is flaky yeast – 1 kg
- Walnuts – 250 g
- Honey – 200 gr
- Egg – 1 egg yolk
- Sugar – 100 gr
- Butter – 100 g
- Vanilla and cinnamon – optional
Method of preparation
- Prepare the filling: grind nuts in a mortar or grinder, mix with one tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon, pre-reserve some halves for decoration.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 parts and roll out thinly. In a greased with butter baking dish put the first layer, brushing it with oil, cover with a second. The second and subsequent except the last, on top of oil evenly distribute the pecan filling.
- The top layer is cut into diamond shapes (to cut should not to the bottom, otherwise the oil will leak and burn) and brush with egg yolk. In a preheated 180 degree oven put the pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Make the syrup: 50 grams. boil water and pour the remains of sugar after 5 minutes, add the honey and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Baked and slightly cooled baklava cut again (if necessary) and pour the honey syrup, decorate with nuts. Well, if the baklava stand up and soaked for several hours. Bon appetit!