Plum cake from the newspaper New York Times
In American cuisine a lot of dishes that have gained popularity outside its native country. However, there are those that have been very important some time ago, and now undeservedly forgotten. Recipe of plum cake, which is published by the editor New York Times weekly for 12 years, belongs to them.
How to cook plum cake with «new York times»
The story of this pastry originated in the mid-twentieth century, when the famous American culinary section of the newspaper first offered the Housewives try to prepare a simple cake with actual at the moment plums. The idea was Lois Levin, whose recipe is well liked by American women, please print it again fell to the editor New York Times one after another. Outwardly similar to a simple cake in a cupcake with fruit, someone he resembles Apple pie. However, although a clear innovation on the part of the author is missing, the taste of baking no doubt.
Outdoor plum cake from the newspaper New York Times has the details:
- The oven temperature should be 175 degrees, convection disabled.
- American measure Cup, is about 16 tablespoons without slides or 237 ml Can be used faceted glass, gaining him the dry ingredient with the top.
- The recipe from the newspaper might scare some Housewives in sugar, but this is due to the feature of drain: during heat treatment, even the sweet varieties are becoming acidity.
- The most delicious plums for baking small dark, T. SV. Italian. Well suited varieties, related to the Hungarians. The alternative is prunes.
- Original recipe from the New York Times is well adapted to the slow cooker – baking is the same lush as in the oven.
- You can use frozen plums, but it then is mixed into dough.
Original plum cake from the newspaper «new York times»
Trying to cook according to the original recipe, you’ll be surprised what delicious pastries derived from familiar and simple products. A significant plus of plum cake and that he is always incredibly lush and tender. The ingredients, according to the New York Times, this:
- margarine – 113 g;
- eggs size M (approx. 61 gram weight) – 2 PCs.;
- vanilla – pinch;
- brown sugar (for the crust);
- cinnamon – 1 tsp.;
- granulated sugar – 3/4 Cup;
- Cup of the flour;
- baking powder – 1 tsp;
- halves of plums – 24 PCs
The principle of the preparation of delicious pie:
- Put in the oven to heat up.
- Soft margarine whipped with white sugar, add in turn the rest of the dry ingredients except the flour.
- Continuing to work with a mixer, introduce the eggs.
- With a spoon pour the sifted flour. The dough is homogenous and thick.
- Pour it into the form. From top to distribute the plums halves, cut downward. To push them is not necessary!
- Brown sugar combine with ground cinnamon, sprinkle this mixture pie. Send in to bake on the middle shelf.
- Approximate time – 45 to 50 minutes. She needs to get out of the centre dry.
Cake with plums from the «new York times» in a slow cooker
This recipe is virtually identical to the original, except that some of the ingredients listed at the more familiar to the Russian cookbooks events. Margarine replaced butter with 82.5% fat content, vanilla – vanilla sugar. The cake can be baked in the pressure cooker, using the same «Baking». Cooking time does not change.
- butter – 120 g;
- flour – 270 g;
- eggs higher. kat. – 2 pieces;
- sugar (cane) – 200 g;
- baking powder – 1 tsp;
- plum – 15 PCs.;
- vanilla sugar – 1 tsp.;
- cinnamon sugar – 2 tbsp.
Tasty plum cake from the newspaper New York Times in a slow cooker to bake this:
- The oil extracted from the refrigerator in advance.
- Beat eggs, sprinkle with a trickle of sugar – plain and vanilla.
- Add the oil, work with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the flour with the baking powder, continuing to whisk the batter.
- To handle the bowl multivarki butter, sprinkle with flour.
- Pour the batter, spread on top of plums. Above them is a layer of cinnamon sugar.
- To cook in the «Baking» for an hour. Remove cooled.
Pie, «new York times» in a new way
The popularity of the recipe has generated a lot of modifications, up to the werewolves, far from the original. If you want to try something as delicious as pie a classic from the New York Times, but with a twist, caramelize the plums or even mix them with apples. A particularly important caveat – the fruit for this to be immature, or turn into puree.
- flour – 325 g;
- eggs – 3 pieces;
- butter (fresh) – 150 g;
- granulated sugar – 130 g (50 g for caramel);
- baking powder – 1/2 tbsp;
- plum – 400 g;
Plum cake is prepared as follows:
- Beat the eggs, add the oil. Pour sugar, mix well.
- Pour connected with the baking powder and vanilla flour. Knead thick, but soft dough.
- Plum cut into slices, lay in a pan, pour brown sugar. On low power, covered with a lid, cook until the juice.
- Remove the lid, cook till the formation of caramel in place of syrup. Remove from the heat.
- Fill the form test to send in to bake for 18-20 minutes. Temperature is 180 degrees.
- Distribute the plums with the caramel seized on the basis of the pie, bake for another half hour at the same temperature.
- Before serving, sprinkle with cinnamon.