Chanterelle mushrooms to cook up for the winter
Forest mushrooms is a favorite treat of many people. Summer on the shelves of markets and shops appears in many forms – mushrooms, honey agarics, russulas, boletus, oyster mushrooms. However, the most popular among these products are delicious, beautiful and useful chanterelles. This ingredient goes into the composition of soups, sauces, salads, side dishes, fillings for pastries and much more. To preserve the useful qualities of spinach, is not only in the warm season, but in winter, many Housewives they make a variety of blanks for the cold season. Step-by-step recipe read below.
The methods of harvesting chanterelles in the home
Chanterelles contain many essential vitamins, minerals, like vitamin a, PP, BB, copper, zinc. In addition, these mushrooms there is another very important useful feature – they are able to cleanse the liver due to the special substance to the ergosterol present in the composition. In winter you cannot find fresh chanterelles in stores, so many Housewives do purchase this product during the summer, then to prepare for the cold season. Then you can learn how to freeze fresh or cooked mushrooms, pickle, canned, and dried or chanterelles for the winter.
The freezing of fresh and cooked mushrooms
Freeze chanterelles will allow long to enjoy excellent taste. Before you freeze chanterelle mushrooms, you need to choose the right product. Pay attention to the fact that the mushrooms were whole, smooth, young. It is advisable to take chanterelles today’s collection, but yesterday – these you can find on the market. Cooks are recommended to freeze fresh mushrooms, if possible. How to do it:
- Clean the product from dust, dirt, being careful not to soak too much water, otherwise they will absorb it into himself. Subsequently, the water when frozen turns to ice.
- If you bought it young, elastic, whole mushrooms, freeze them whole, so the food will maintain an attractive appearance after thawing. If a lot of chanterelles broken, can cut large pieces.
- Keep the freezer level surface. You can cover it with a piece of paper. She put the pre-cleaned mushrooms, they need to stand for several hours.
- At the end of time collect well frozen chanterelles in a package where they will be stored until the next defrost.
Freezing with boiling is an excellent choice for mushrooms, which were bought within a day or two after collection. This option should be used for those who have lips too badly damaged, for example, broken into small pieces, and even those who want to be safe from germs, an additional heat treatment. How to cook boiled mushrooms-chanterelles for freezing:
- Clean, rinse the product thoroughly to get rid of dirt.
- Boil water.
- Throw in mushrooms, cook five minutes on high heat. Then put them in a colander, let the water drain out, and the mushrooms to cool.
- When ingredient will acquire the room temperature, arrange the mushrooms-chanterelles packages. Ideally one package should contain 300-500 500-1000 grams or grams. It is necessary to defrost the food portions, different with each defrost in General, this package chanterelles will lose taste.
- After thawing the mushrooms should be immediately consumed. It is desirable to defrost them in the refrigerator to preserve its form (this mostly applies to fresh spinach). If you wish, you can send in the freezer fried mushrooms, which then will be a great addition to soup, salads, garnish. To do this, fry them for about twenty minutes, then let cool and put in bags.
Salted mushrooms – food that is a Supplement many national dishes and a good appetizer to the table, and nutritionists consider them to be more useful than pickled. Pickling chanterelles for the winter, a process that can follow each of the hostess. There are many versions of this recipe below would be considered a hot method of salting.
How to pickle chanterelles:
- Select chanterelles. For pickling ideal small bouncy mushrooms. If the fine is not, take with large heads but short legs.
- Clean the product. Boil water, pour the chanterelles and cook for about twenty minutes. Then pour into a colander, rinse with cool water.
- Take a suitable container. For this fit enameled pot, pot of clay, glass jar, wooden tub.
- Lay the first row of mushrooms, can put a few cloves of garlic. On top sprinkle them with salt (50 grams per kilogram of mushrooms). Make a few of these ranks.
- When pans are filled, put a lid on her weight.
- After the chanterelles will start to settle, the top can continue to spread the series. The brine needs to cover the series in a week. If this happens, the wick need to choose the heavier. Occasionally rinse it.
- After four weeks tasty snack ready. Store in the refrigerator.
Preserving in jars
Preserving is a great way to preserve the nutrients contained in the food, even in winter to delight family and friends with delicious snacks with summer ingredients. Homemade canned chanterelles are sure to delight the household in the cold season. What you will need to cook the mushrooms with the preservation in glass jars:
- 3 kg chanterelles.
- Half a liter of water.
- Three tablespoons of salt.
- Half a Cup of sugar.
- A glass of 9% vinegar.
- Almost a full Cup of vegetable oil.
- Seasoning to taste.
How to prepare:
- Mushrooms sort, clean from debris, stuck leaves, dirt. If they are too large, cut.
- Enter a pot with water, put chanterelles, bring the liquid to a boil. On a small fire simmer for half an hour. You may need to periodically remove the foam with a spoon.
- Drain the liquid, wash the ingredients under cool water.
- Pour into a saucepan sugar, salt, spices, pour the vinegar, oil, bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the mushrooms-chanterelles, simmer for about ten minutes.
- Clean jars, put in mushrooms.
- Pour the marinade components, carefully cap the container.
- Sterilize billet ten minutes. Then flip the jar lid down, wrap up, wait to cool. Canned chanterelles are ready!
Drying is a simple way to keep the taste, aroma and useful properties of mushrooms. Besides, red chanterelles are perfectly, this method is the most common mushroom in the preparation of blanks for the winter. After drying, the product becomes much smaller, denser, which greatly simplifies its storage.
How to choose and delicious dried mushrooms chanterelles:
- Choose the right mushrooms. It should be young, beautiful, resilient, not broken chanterelles. It is important that they were without wormholes.
- Ingredient clean the dirt but do not wash. Before drying it can not be done. Hands gently lift off the stuck leaves, moss, twigs.
- Cut the legs of chanterelles. While drying use only hats. If mushroom caps are too big, thick, they, too, should be cut to speed up the drying process.
- Summer at home, you can dry hats chanterelle mushrooms on the street. To do this, put them on strings, hang on the balcony or elsewhere, where exposed to direct sunlight. With strong heat to dry mushrooms you need at least a week.
- In the oven turn the temperature to sixty-five degrees, slightly open the door to get air. Lay the mushrooms on a baking sheet. The drying time is determined individually. Hats of the same size will dry at the same time, and if chanterelles are cut unevenly, have some mushrooms to get up early, while others leave to dessiatina.
- Properly dried the cap is not broken, slightly bent in his hands. Have a pronounced aroma reminiscent of fresh mushrooms.
- Store the product in tightly closed, dry glass or metal containers.
Homemade recipes from fresh chanterelles for the winter with photos
Every hostess wants to please his household unusual dishes in the cold season. There is a lot of interesting recipes that will allow you to prepare the mushrooms tasty and original. The finished dish will become tasty snacks for Breakfast, lunch or dinner. Below you will learn how to prepare garlic mushroom caviar, roasted chanterelles in butter, a salad bag and a classic recipe of pickled mushrooms.
A simple recipe for cooking mushroom caviar with garlic
Eggs with mushrooms – very delicious dish. This snack for the winter you can spread on bread, add to spaghetti, use as a sauce to meat products. Besides, this caviar is simple to prepare, allowing even the hostess without proper experience it is easy to prepare this dish. What components need to make a delicious winter snack:
- Pounds of boiled chanterelles.
- Three cloves of garlic.
- 150 grams of carrots, same of onions.
- Sweet peas.
- Half spoon of hot peppers.
- Two cloves, a couple Bay leaves.
- 100 grams of vegetable oil.
How to prepare:
- Clean, wash mushrooms. Cut them into small pieces. Boil the purified liquid, add spices – cloves, Bay leaves, sweet peas. Drop the ingredient into boiling salted water, cook twenty minutes.
- Pour chanterelles in a blender, add a little broth from cooking. Chop the mushrooms. Slice the garlic cloves in small pieces, throw to the same.
- Fry in vegetable oil grated carrot and finely chopped onion. The resulting mixture add the mushrooms.
- All this mass put into the pan, simmer on low heat for about an hour. The first fifty minutes, the cover must be closed, ten others open. So meals will leave the excess fluid.
- After cooking, add the mushrooms and red peppers. If desired, add other seasonings, season with half a tablespoon of vinegar (9%).
- Sterilize jars. Lay on him the mushrooms, cap. Wrap a blanket and leave to cool.
Harvesting deep-fried chanterelles
Fried mushrooms cooked in the winter, this is a great option that can brighten any ordinary dish. For example, you can add this mixture to the fried potatoes or cooked oatmeal: a simple dish turn into a festive garnish. For the preparation you will need:
- Chanterelle mushrooms 2-3 kg.
- Vegetable oil 2 l you can use animal or vegetable fat or butter.
How to cook fried mushroom mix:
- Clean the mushrooms of debris, rinse. Too much ingredients cut.
- Boil water, sprinkle in there product. Cook fifteen minutes, drain, rinse mushrooms. Then boil new, then add chanterelles and cook for another quarter of an hour. The last of the water drain too sure.
- Melt the butter (or fat) in the pan. If you have chosen a vegetable, pour it in large quantity.
- Pour the mushrooms, cover. So simmer half an hour.
- Open the cover. A quarter hour wait, until evaporated liquid. Add salt to taste.
- Sterilize the jars, rinse them with water with baking soda or pour over boiling water. Iron cover boil. Plastic – a good wash, drench with boiling water.
- Lay the mushrooms on the tanks. Pour hot oil after frying a layer of half an inch. If oil were running low, even heat.
- Keep six months in a cool place.
Salad-Solyanka – an unusual dish which definitely will suit the taste of residents and visitors in the cold season. Ingredients it treats remind everyone of the warm days of summer, because in the original recipe includes cabbage, tomatoes and summer wild mushrooms. To prepare this dish will not be difficult. What components will be part of the delicious charm of the workpiece for the winter:
- Five pounds of chanterelles.
- Three kilos of cabbage.
- Two kilos of tomatoes.
- Two and a half kilo of onions.
- Four Cup vegetable oil.
- Nine tablespoons of salt.
How to prepare:
- Wash, clean the mushrooms.
- Boil in salted clean water for about ten minutes.
- Chop onion rings, fry fifteen minutes, in portions, to a vegetable cooked evenly.
- Average cut into strips cabbage, tomatoes – diced, put together with the onion into a separate bowl. There pour oil about three and a half cups.
- Stir in the chanterelle mushrooms, add salt, stir.
- Fry the mixture for forty minutes.
- Lay the bag on the banks, with a capacity of 0.5 liters, close them. Forty minutes in boiling water on low heat.
- Remove the jars, dry, wrap to cool.
Pickled chanterelles in banks
Pickled chanterelles will be a great snack for everyday or holiday table. To prepare wild mushrooms is not difficult, you will need a small amount of ingredients. Taste the finished dish with mushrooms is sure to bring pleasure to all who try. What are the ingredients needed to create delicious mushroom appetizers for the winter:
- 1 kg of chanterelles.
- A liter of water.
- 100 g of vinegar (5%).
- Salt to taste.
- 100 grams of sugar.
- Pepper, two Bay leaves, cloves.
How to prepare chanterelles for the winter in banks
- Clean the mushrooms, cut the legs.
- Boil half an hour, let the mushrooms drain on a colander.
- Bring to the boil, marinade (water, salt, vinegar, sugar).
- Cook the mushrooms in the marinade for twenty minutes.
- Dry banks put chanterelles (the top should remain 1 cm), pour the marinade to fully cover the mushrooms.
- Cover with parchment, tie.
- Store in a cool place.
Video: how to cook chanterelle mushrooms a quick and tasty
To cook the chanterelles for the winter can any hostess, if you choose the right recipe and just follow the instructions. To the mushrooms turned out delicious, you need to carefully monitor their condition while cooking. Will help you to cook delicious chanterelle following video clip where the presenter shows all the steps of creating mouth-watering dishes. At the end turn out delicious, beautiful grilled mushrooms, which in winter will be a great addition to any side dish, a good appetizer for the everyday table. See an interesting video all the steps to create an original mushroom dish: