Jam zucchini with oranges
Jam – a favorite delicacy of many people. Treats will delight the family in the winter, when there is no possibility in large quantities to buy fresh fruit. However, jam is not only a fruit. Experienced Housewives used to prepare tasty treats vegetable ingredients, and each year these recipes are becoming increasingly popular. Professional chefs to prepare on the winter jam zucchini with oranges. It’s an unusual treat is sure to surprise family and will be the highlight of the dessert table.
Tips for jam making
Many will be surprised to hear that there is squash jam, because these vegetables are hard to imagine as an ingredient of fruit treats to which people are accustomed. However, online you can find hundreds of recipes, which are easy to cook delicious jam. It was truly delicious, in addition to zucchini are the different ingredients – oranges, lemons, apples, raisins, pineapple, and the zucchini are first tried this treat, compared with the pineapple slices. Some tips on jam-making and health benefits of oranges:
- Choose the right zucchini. For a simple jam you can use any vegetables, including zucchini, have a dark skin. But if you want to make a soft, tender product, should give preference to the very young zucchini with a thin skin. In this case, the jam will melt in your mouth.
- Complete jam a variety of ingredients. Well with zucchini combine pineapple, cranberries, cherries, melon, pumpkin, peach, kiwi, strawberry, raspberry and various citrus fruits. Do not forget the spices (well add aromatic mint).
- Wash fruit, zucchini and berries before cooking, especially if you buy in the store and not collect themselves. This will help to get rid of harmful substances that could remain on food after treatment against insects.
- If you want to get smooth, soft jam, remove the squash from the peel and carefully chop them up. If you cook the jam with squash slices, peel is not removed.
- When using sweet fruit you can add less sugar to reduce calorie content. Still can cause the finished jam can sugar.
Recipes delicious jam from zucchini and oranges in the winter
One of my favorite additives to squash jam is oranges. Juicy citrus fruits give a delicious treat of sweet and sour touch, perfectly complementing the original flavour of the zucchini. Orange-squash jam has many useful trace elements and vitamins in the composition, is an excellent source of vitamin C, which in winter helps to prevent colds and to help in the treatment of viral diseases. In addition, treat is the perfect addition to oatmeal, delicious spread on bread or biscuits. Below you will learn some interesting cooking recipes jam.
Jam of zucchini, orange and lemon slices
Cooking zucchini necessarily involves additional ingredients. Sweet oranges and lemons go perfectly with zucchini, providing future treats a pleasant aroma and exquisite taste. The classic preparation is used cutting fruit slices, although optionally the owner can grind them in a blender. Jam with whole orange slices, lemon will not leave anyone indifferent. What are the ingredients needed for tasty treats:
- Pounds fresh young zucchini with a thin skin.
- With one lemon and orange.
- Pounds of white sugar.
How to cook jam from zucchini with oranges and lemon:
- Zucchini thoroughly rinse under running water, wipe with a kitchen towel. With a knife to clean off the skin of vegetables. Cut the zucchini in half, clean out seeds. Make slicing cubes, about half an inch.
- Thoroughly wash the lemon with orange, wipe to liquid. Carefully remove zest, the colored part of it. White skin is carefully cut with a knife, otherwise in a jam it can taste bitter. The flesh is cut into cubes or slices depending on your preference.
- All the ingredients put in a pot of appropriate size. From above cover them with a kilogram of sugar. The mixture should leave until then, until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- The mixture is diluted with sugar put on the stove, turn on medium heat. Bring the mass to boil. After boiling the mixture of zucchini and fruits should be boiled for about five minutes, then remove the foam with a spoon, give the future the jam to cool.
- Again put the pan on the burner, bring to a boil. Cook for five minutes.
- Ready jam put in a pre-sterilized jars, roll up. Tasty treat for the winter ready!
Jam zucchini and orange through the meat grinder
To get tender, melt in your mouth jam, you can use in cooking a nice chopper – grinder. This will allow the ingredients to mix well and give a lot of your taste. Finished jam can be used as a filling for cakes baked in a bread maker, sandwich spreads. Gentle delicacy will be enjoyed by children. What you will need for making the original treats:
- Three pounds of young zucchini or zucchini.
- Half a kilogram of oranges.
- Two medium-sized lemon.
- Pounds of white sugar.
How to cook jam from zucchini with delicious oranges
- Zucchini thoroughly rinse under the tap, wipe. With a knife to clean off the hard peel. Cut vegetables, select out the fiber and seeds. Take a grater, grate all the vegetables an average shredder.
- The orange with lemon, too, rinse, wipe to dry. Completely remove the peel, cut the fruit to remove the grain, which can give a bitter future product.
- Put the citrus pieces in a meat grinder, then they need to turn. For these purposes you can use a blender, then the mixture will be more homogeneous.
- Grated zucchini, ground oranges with lemons and mix in one container. Add a kilo of sugar.
- Put the saucepan on the stove until the mixture begins to boil, constantly stir it with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- When the next jam will boil, remove the heat to minimum. Leave on the plate for another sixty minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After this time, remove the boiling mass from the stove, let it cool down. After complete cooling and repeat the previous two steps: bring to a boil, simmer for an hour.
- Ready! Can the jars for the winter.
A simple recipe of jam with the addition of sour apples and raisins
That jam turned out really original, you can mix up different ingredients – fresh fruit or dried fruit, nuts. An unusual recipe with zucchini, apples and raisins will bring many benefits, will be a great addition to a casual table for dessert. What are the ingredients needed for making jam:
- Half a kilogram of zucchini.
- A kilo of apples.
- A half Cup of orange juice.
- A Cup of raisins.
- One kilo and a quarter of sugar.
How to prepare:
- Wash the zucchini, wipe them from the excess fluid. Remove with a knife peel, cut, remove inside fibers and seeds. Cut the vegetables in even size cubes centimeter and a half. The smaller will be the chopped ingredients, the shorter the period of cooking.
- Apples also rinse thoroughly. Remove from them a thin skin, clean out the seeds. Cut into small pieces or slices.
- Take a pot of sufficient size, pour back the squash, apples, granulated sugar, pour in the orange juice. Leave the mixture to marinate for twenty-four hours or overnight. Simultaneously pour a Cup of raisins in hot water to softened.
- In the morning pour excess liquid from pan with raisins, add dried fruit to the total mixture. Put fruit and vegetable mass on the fire, he should be average. Let the future jam comes to a boil slowly.
- Turn on a high heat, allow the mixture to cook for forty-five minutes. Periodically stir the jam with a wooden spatula. At the end of the mass begins to become thick, so to interfere would have carefully to zucchini fruit should not be burnt.
- Ready jam remove from heat, pour in jars after sterilization.
Pumpkin jam with orange and dried apricots in multivarka
Quick recipe of making jam in multivarka «Redmond», «Polaris», «Panasonic» and devices from other brands will help you make delicious jam for the winter. Additional ingredient – dried apricots – make this dish a truly original, adds viscosity, density. How many and what components will need to create a delicious dessert:
- A kilogram of zucchini.
- 100 grams of dried apricots.
- One lemon.
- Two oranges.
- Three and a half cups of sugar.
- The cinnamon stick.
- The star anise.
How to make a treat for the household:
- Well wash the zucchini, wipe the knife clean off the skin. For convenience, you can do it with a special peeler.
- Cut the vegetables into cubes. Fold in a container of the slow cooker, cover with sugar, leave to marinate.
- At the same time, the apricots pour over boiling water, wipe dry, chop through meat grinder or blender.
- Oranges and lemons wash, also pour the just boiled liquid. Then carefully remove the peel. Clean the fruit from the white rind, cut into small pieces. The bones are preferably removed, otherwise the jam may become bitter.
- Add citrus to the zucchini, put the processed dried apricots.
- Allow the components to steep. During this time, you can do the sterilization of cans.
- Fill glass with cinnamon stick, star anise. Set the mode «stewing». The jam must be cooked for two hours.
- Ready jam lay on the banks, roll up, wrap a blanket and leave in a dark place to cool.
The recipe of the jam with pineapple juice
As mentioned above, zucchini jam looks like a pineapple, so you can cook them with slices of the fruit and juice from the jar. Get a lovely treat that you can eat cold or warm in the microwave. Treat it turns a nice amber color, has a delicate taste and good aroma. What are the ingredients needed:
- Half a kilogram of zucchini.
- A 1.2 kilo of sugar.
- Single orange.
- Half a teaspoon of citric acid.
- A small jar of canned pineapple.
How to do:
- Well wash the zucchini, clean off the peel. Seeds with the fibers must be removed. Cut the vegetable in small cubes.
- With orange clean off zest, white skin, remove bones. Cut into small pieces.
- Make sugar syrup pineapple juice from the can.
- Fold the zucchini into the container, pour the oranges. Fill them with hot sugar syrup, sprinkle top citric acid. Carefully mix everything.
- Leave the mixture for about an hour.
- Pineapples cut into cubes and add to the pumpkin-orange ground. Put on fire, bring to a boil. Let the jam cool. Repeat the procedure several times, until the zucchini will not be in appearance similar to a pineapple.
- After that, boiling should continue for twenty minutes on low heat.
- Jam pour into banks and roll.
Delicious jam with strawberries and gelatin without sterilization
Unusual jam, made with strawberries and gelatin. According to reviews, many people like this recipe because the finished product looks and tastes like jam. Ready to jam with oranges, strawberries, zucchini you can use as a filling for cakes, toppings for cookies, bread. What are the ingredients needed for tasty treats:
- Five cups of grated on average grated zucchini.
- Five glasses of white sugar.
- Strawberry jelly (2 bags of 80 grams).
- Three tablespoons of orange juice.
How to do:
- Pour the grated zucchini in a saucepan, there also add sugar. Turn on medium heat. While the jam comes to a boil, stir it. Cook for ten minutes.
- Add juice, stir in jelly bags. Boiling should continue for another five minutes.
- Hot jam put in jars, pre sterilized. Five millimeters of the edge should remain blank. Edge wipe from a jam, if caught. Close the lids and roll.
- In a saucepan, pour two inches of water, boil, put it in there banks. Keep it under ten minutes. Allow it to cool. Ready!
Video recipe: amber squash jam with oranges for the winter
Pumpkin jam is an interesting recipe that I will want to try many Housewives. To some it may be difficult to make such a delicacy at the photo instructions, so experienced cooks take extensive videos. There they explain step by step how to create a delicious meal with zucchini and oranges for the winter. This recipe uses zucchini, sugar syrup, lemon or lime, oranges, water. In the video you can see all the steps in cooking delicate jam, and then repeat them to please friends and relatives. See the original videorecipe: