Jam from watermelon peels at home
Few people know that out of the ordinary watermelon peel, which are all thrown away, eating delicious fruit, easy to prepare delicious jam. It turns out something similar to a candied fruit in an unusual syrup. Add this dessert in muffins or a casserole during baking to achieve the most perfect taste. When the jam is cooked, you will find that peel from the watermelon slices into a clear candy, like marmalade from a distance. To create such a miracle quite simply: it is important to know a few recommendations. What are these secrets and how it is done – see below.
Jam from watermelon peels for the winter: recipes with photos
Who would have guessed that this handsome striped watermelon will make a fabulous jam with a translucent, slightly crunchy pieces. In fact, there are a huge number of interesting recipes that use different cooking appliances, additional ingredients in different proportions. It is important to follow all the tips that are given in each method of cooking that preserves with watermelon rinds turned out the way you expect. Next you will find interesting methods of cooking sweet preparations for the winter of crusts from the watermelon.
Step by step recipe of jam from the rinds in the slow cooker
A simple and modern way to get any jam for the winter is to use a slow cooker (if you have one). Thanks to the miracle of technology, you reduce significantly the time for cooking and food processing, and the result exceeds all expectations. Plus it’s the surest way to preserve all the nutrients of watermelon, which is in cork. Read on with step-by-step of making jam in the slow cooker.
- 1 kg of watermelon peels.
- 0.7 kg of sugar.
- A package of pectin (can buy in any supermarket).
Step-by-step recipe how to make jam from watermelon peels:
- Prepare the watermelon peel: peel the green outer shell (cut them thinly with a special knife for peeling potatoes, chopping cabbage).
- If the pieces were left red pulp is excellent: the tastier it will jam.
- Cut polished cover approximately the same slices or cubes. Next, we use the slow cooker.
- Then pour the watermelon rinds in a bowl multivarki, add pectin, stir well and bring to a boil the «Soup».
- Once the «Soup» will be a series of 15-20 minutes, stir in the sugar, stir, continue to cook until the end of the program. Don’t forget to periodically stir the watermelon jam.
- Wrap banks with clean covers, the jam is ready.
Jam from watermelon peels with lemon
If you prefer the sour taste of the jam, try a delicious dessert for twists for the winter, prepared on the basis of watermelon rind and lemon. In addition, you get a delicious vitamin cocktail, which helps you keep in shape your immune system during the winter period. The kids will appreciate a mother’s effort and will to eat such yummy for both cheeks. How to prepare this jam? Learn the detailed recipe below.
- 1 kg watermelon rind.
- 1.2 kg of sugar.
- One lemon.
- A couple of glasses of sugar.
- Teaspoon of baking soda.
- One clove or a pinch of vanilla.
- Finely peel vegetable peeler, peel the watermelon from the outer green rind. Remains of the red pulp also should be cut.
- Brushed the slices of watermelon cut into small pieces, prick each several times with toothpick or fork.
- Steeping of the peel of watermelon in the solution with baking soda: put them in a saucepan, sprinkle baking soda on top, add cold water and mix thoroughly.
- Leave the peels to infuse for three hours.
- After this time drain the soda solution, rinse thoroughly with drinking water to cover the watermelon.
- Put the watermelon rinds in a heavy-bottomed pan (enameled utensils is not necessary), pour sugar, pour in the ingredients specified amount of water. Mix everything, put on a small fire.
- Bring the sweet mixture to a boil, reduce heat so that the boiling process was barely noticeable. So to cook for 15 minutes, turn off.
- Cover with cheesecloth, leave to cool until completely cooled 9(you can safely leave overnight).
- In the morning boil again and leave the jam to cool.
- Cut thin slices of lemon (peel not clean).
- Add citrus to jam, there: cinnamon, vanilla or cloves.
- Put the jam back into the fire, and boil and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Pour hot billet for the winter in a clean jar, tighten the jam is ready.
Quick recipe with vanilla and ginger
For those who don’t like to bother too much with the preparations for the winter – the ideal option would be a quick recipe with vanilla and ginger. Jam turns out very tasty, thanks to the gentle aroma that is achieved by mixing these two additives. Use this option to prepare delicious pies in the oven or as a standalone dessert with tea, to brighten up long winter evenings in the family circle or close friends. How to prepare this simple recipe – see detailed instructions on.
- 0.5 kg of watermelon rind.
- A couple tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Tablespoon of citrus zest.
- 75 grams of dry white wine.
- Three tablespoons of chopped mint.
- One tablespoon of grated ginger root.
- Half a teaspoon of ground pepper.
- 1.5 cups of sugar.
Step-by-step sequence of actions or How to cook jam from watermelon peels:
- Grind with a blender along with mint, zest, sugar.
- Similarly chop watermelon rinds and pepper, mix with previous ingredients.
- Pour all in a pan with a thick bottom, boil until the resulting mass is reduced in two times.
- Not ostavljajte from heat: pour in the wine with lemon juice, add the ginger. Wait until boil.
- Boil for up to 8 minutes, until the mixture became darker and thicker.
- The jam is ready to fill clean jars while hot.
- Can the resulting jam.
Jam from the rinds of melon and watermelon in the bread maker
Surprisingly some of the hosts, delicious jam with the peels of melon and watermelon is easy to prepare using a bread machine. It’s so simplifies the cooking process, to cook this jam becomes a pleasure. And the result is not just surprised, he will impress you with its outright tantalizing aroma, heavenly taste. Sugar melon is so complementary to the watermelon, that is not realistic to imagine a more perfect combination of products. Give this yummy guests or surprise your culinary skills beloved husband. In both cases, rave reviews will come immediately.
- 0.5 kg of watermelon rind.
- 0.5 kg crusts from the melon.
- 0,5 kg of sugar.
- A half of a lemon.
- A quarter teaspoon of vanilla.
Step-by-step principle of preparation of jam:
- Peeled wedges of melon and watermelon cut into small slices or cubes.
- Add the squeezed lemon juice.
- Put the slices in the bread machine pan, pour sugar, close, put on the mode «Jam».
- When the program will complete a full cycle (about 40 minutes), drop vanilla.
- Hot jam pour into clean glass jars, tight lids can.
How about the time to make jam
If you are interested in a specific answer to the question: how much cooked jam with watermelon rinds, it is definitely hard to say. Because each recipe has its own cooking technique. Where it is necessary to provide the main ingredient of jam crispy properties – it will take much more time than the simplified version in the slow cooker. It all depends on what you have prepared in advance: sterilized jars with lids, cleaned all of the ingredients, so here’s a small list of approximate cooking time of the jam according to a recipe.
- In a slow cooker jam is cooked up to half an hour.
- Bread takes about 40 minutes for the manufacturing of jam from watermelon rinds.
- Quick recipe with vanilla and ginger can take 45 to 60 minutes of cooking time.
- To prepare a classic recipe of jam from watermelon rinds and lemon you can take a couple of days.
Video: Jam from watermelon peels at home
As you may have time to make a delicious jam with watermelon rinds is very easy to prepare, the main thing – desire. There are still many other interesting recipes for making jam from watermelon peels at home. Any caring mistress will be interesting to prepare another extravagant delicacy made with watermelon marmalade. And for those who don’t like the complexity of processing all the ingredients, like a simple recipe with the orange zest. With these options jam you have the opportunity to take a closer look at the video attached below.