How to pickle watermelons in jars for the winter
Watermelon – a great diuretic. This property has long been used to treat colitis, kidney diseases. The fruit is useful for the prevention of sclerosis, arthritis, gout, as krovetvornymi tool. How to pickle watermelons in jars for the winter? It’s difficult to maintain, because this berry can quickly peresevat and zabrivat as a consequence. However, there are methods of preservation of the product. Below you will learn the rules of choice berries for pickling and marinating, the best recipes in the winter preparations.
How to choose a watermelon for preparations for the winter
For pickling it is recommended to choose slightly unripe, not too large, undamaged, healthy fruit. Each berry should weigh more than two pounds. If the surface of the skin is cracked, this indicates over-ripeness of the fruit. In this case while preserving it in jars will be broken. In addition, if the choice is to ensure that on the surface there is an unnatural, dark spots, dents. Remember that one bad fruit can spoil other good stuff in one container.
To pickle watermelons in jars for the winter, match the fruits with pink flesh and a crumbly sugar options are not suitable. Choose tekokare berries grown without nitrates. Before salting it is necessary to rinse the fruit. The rind puncture is not more than ten times, so that places were located symmetrically. However, in some recipes the perforations not used. The marinade should cover the product completely. Salt is not iodized.
The best step-by-step recipes pickling watermelon in banks with photos
Pickling and salting watermelons in jars for the winter can be both in whole and in sliced form. In the latter case, when a thick crust it is necessary to cut, thin and in most cases leave. The composition of the marinade can be very different: the fruits can be supplemented with garlic, salt, sugar, honey, herbs, aspirin, citric acid, vinegar, horseradish, celery, cherry, currant leaves. Depending on the composition of the changes in the taste of workpiece: she can be sweet, sour-sweet, spicy-sweet.
A classic recipe for pickling watermelon with vinegar
The first method is to pickle watermelons in jars for the winter classic. In this recipe you can cut or leave the crust. The fruits are savory, juicy, perfectly serve as an appetizer at any table. Prerequisites:
- salt – 1.5 tbsp;
- sugar – 3 tbsp;
- water – 1 l;
- vinegar – 70 ml;
- watermelons – 1,5 kg.
Step-by-step master class how to pickle watermelons in jars for the winter by the classical method:
- Cooking enamel pot with no chips or cracks. Pour water, add salt and sugar. Put on the fire after boiling proverjaem 15 minutes. The fill drain, add vinegar, stir.
- Chop the fruit medium-sized pieces, spread inside the three-liter jars, pour the hot brine.
- Cover with billet cover, do for 20 minutes, roll. Turn the jars upside down, wrap it up with a blanket. When conservation has cooled, sent to storage in the basement or pantry.
Delicious pickled watermelon garlic in banks
Another way to pickle fruits for the winter, canned with garlic. For this recipe, choose ripe, juicy berries. Garlic adds blanks spicy flavor and pleasant aroma. Optionally, you can vary the recipe with your favorite spices to taste. Necessary ingredients:
- salt – 50 g;
- sugar – 80 g;
- vinegar – 80 ml;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- watermelon – 1,5-2 kg.
Step-by-step recipe for how to pickle watermelon with garlic for the winter in banks
- Cut into small pieces the fruit. Cut away his skin and put the berry inside the three-liter banks, not tamping.
- Add one peeled garlic clove, pour in the boiling water. Leave for a few minutes, drain the water inside the enamel saucepan.
- Boil water, again fill the billet. After a few minutes, pour the water inside the pan, add the sugar, salt. After boiling add vinegar, remove from heat, pour the marinade conservation.
- Are clogging the jars, turn it to cool after put it in a cool dark place for storage.
Sweet pickled watermelon without sterilization of cans
This recipe turns out berry is juicy, sweet, pleasant aroma of spices. This appetizer is a great alternative to pickled cucumbers, and tomatoes. The recipe uses vinegar, but, if you did not have on hand can replace citric acid. This will prevent the explosion and damage conservation. Prerequisites:
- water – 1.5 l;
- watermelon – 2 kg;
- sugar – 2 tbsp;
- celery – 1 sprig;
- Bay leaf – 4 PCs.;
- black pepper – 8 grains;
- garlic – 4 cloves;
- salt – 1 tbsp;
- sugar – 2 tbsp;
- vinegar essence – 1 tbsp
Step by step instructions how to pickle watermelons in winter in banks:
- Banks thoroughly wash using baking soda. Pour over boiling water along with lids.
- Fruits wash, cut the tails, cut into pieces of medium size. At will cut away the skin.
- On the bottom of the jar put the garlic, celery, black pepper, Bay leaf. On top lay the sliced berries. Put another stalk of celery.
- Fill jars with boiling water, leave for 20 minutes under the lid. Pour water inside an enamel saucepan, add salt, sugar. Boil a couple of minutes. Pour billet vinegar, brine.
- Banks roll up, turn and wrap it up with a blanket. After complete cooling are sent for storage.
Salted watermelon with mustard in one-litre jars
This recipe for how to pickle the fruit in jars, make a fragrant, spicy and very tasty snack. Cooking is very simple, and the ingredients are available. Salt should use iodized stone. Berry and mustard very successfully combined. Necessary ingredients:
- salt – 1 tbsp. l.:
- mustard powder – 1 tbsp;
- watermelon – 1 piece.
- sugar – 1 tbsp
Step-by-step instructions on how to pickle watermelon pickled for the winter in one-litre jars:
- The fruit is washed, cut into slices of arbitrary size. Cut thin green rind and white part leaving.
- Mix mustard, salt, sugar.
- Put the berry into the banks, sprinkling the spice mixture.
- Banks cover with plastic or nylon lid, leave for three days at room temperature.
- Put on day in the refrigerator the workpiece. After the specified time the food is ready. It can be stored in the refrigerator until the New year.
Canned pickled watermelon cold process with aspirin
The following method how to pickle watermelons in winter in the banks with the addition of aspirin. This tablet does not allow the billet to explode as she plays the role of preservative. Slices of savory, sweet and sour. The choice to diversify harvesting herbs, garlic. Prerequisites:
- citric acid – 3 tsp;
- aspirin – 9 tablets;
- sugar – 6 tbsp;
- watermelon – 10 kg;
- salt – 9 tbsp.
Manual step by step, how to pickle watermelons in the winter:
- Banks sterilize them, boil the lids.
- Fruit wash, cut into slices. Cut thin green peel, cut into slices. Put into the banks, pour the boiling water. Cover with lids, allow to infuse.
- Drain off water, add one three-liter jar of a teaspoon of citric acid, three aspirin, two tablespoons sugar, three tablespoons salt.
- Fill jars with boiling water, seal them tightly. Put down the neck, wrap it up. After cooling sent to storage.
Recipe spicy-sweet watermelon slices with horseradish
This recipe is spicy-sweet conservation with horseradish relieves the monotony of the winter menu. Spicy hot billet is a great complement to hearty meals. Hell makes conservation easy ostrinkoy. Prerequisites:
- watermelon – 2 kg;
- vinegar 9% – 50 ml;
- salt – 1 tbsp;
- sugar – 2 tbsp;
- currant leaves – 3 PCs.;
- the umbrellas of fennel – 2 PCs.;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- black pepper peas – 4 PCs.;
- Bay leaf – 2 PCs.;
- honey – 1 tbsp;
- hell – 2 sheets.
Step-by-step master class how to pickle watermelon with horseradish for the winter:
- Fruits, greens wash thoroughly with water.
- Lubricates inside a jar of honey. Slice berries chunks, put into the banks. Layers of fruit put garlic, chopped in small pieces, crushed leaves of horseradish, dill, currant leaves, black pepper.
- Boil water with sugar and salt. Fill the jar. Drain off the brine, boil again, add vinegar, pour conservation.
- Roll up the blank, turn it upside down, after cooling put in storage.
Watermelon, marinated honey in three-liter jar
Marinated with honey watermelons in the winter is a very interesting method of preserving berries. This appetizer goes well with dishes of meat and potatoes. In addition, conservation stimulates the gastro-intestinal tract, removes cholesterol from the body. Necessary ingredients:
- water 7.5 liters;
- watermelon – 8 kg;
- med – 10 tbsp;
- salt – 5 tbsp;
- sugar – 5 tbsp;
- vinegar 9% – 300 ml
Recipe step by step, how to conserve honey melons for the winter:
- Jars and lids wash, sterilize.
- Wash the fruit, cut into pieces, put into a three-liter jars, fill with boiling water for 8 minutes.
- Pour water inside the enamel saucepan. Pour the fruit fresh boiled water for five minutes. Again poured inside the pot.
- Put the marinade on the fire. Inside each jar add two tablespoons of honey, a tablespoon of sugar and salt, 60 ml of vinegar. Pour the boiling marinade.
- You must close the workpiece, turn upside down, wrap it up. After cooling put in storage.
Video recipes: how to pickle watermelons in the winter in banks
On the territory of the former USSR one of the favorite winter snacks were salted watermelon, crunching which was loved by both children and adults. You can eat marinated, pickled, fermented, along with apples, cabbage, various herbs, spices, greens. This preset will beautify and add variety to any table. In frozen berries as possible to preserve all the nutrients.
Pickled and marinated the fruit, according to the reviews, help after alcohol intoxication. In addition, they saturate the body with vitamins, minerals, benefiting the body. Opening such conservation, just remember the warm summer days. If you cut off the crusts, some of them can cook delicious amber jam. Despite the fact that decided to pickle the berries in barrels or bucket, many recipes are easily adapted for preservation in a jar. Of the following video you will learn how to do it.