How to cook Shawarma house
Shawarma, Shawarma, Shawarma — not only as the dish is of Arab origin. It would seem that a simple combination of pita bread, vegetables and meat, and how tasty! Watching the preparation of the snacks in the street points, wonder if I can do the same? We offer tips on how to cook Shawarma house and step by step recipes. This will allow you not to expose your stomach at risk, buying her food and learn to cook the dish.
Home how to make Shawarma without special equipment
One of the main features making this delicious Arabic appetizers — the finest cuts of meat slices. In institutions and the catering is provided by using the apparatus for cooking kebabs. If you are very good with a knife or the meat too tough, you can resort to a preliminary freezing. Then meat is easy to remove the pieces, resembling chips. If you prefer to prepare meals using fresh meat, choose parts without streaks, adipose tissue, and with a sharp knife.
To the Shawarma had the same taste, the dish takes on when cooking using the apparatus, the pieces of meat must be well fried in hot oil before formation of a Golden crust. This is perfect grill pan with ribbed bottom. During roasting it is necessary to exercise caution and try not to overdry meat inside pieces needs to maintain its softness and juiciness.
What a pita or tortilla need for Shawarma
When choosing a thin Armenian lavash Shawarma, make sure its freshness. Try to roll the sheet, and if on its surface appears cracked or damaged, lavash is not suitable for cooking. Using such a pita will lead to tearing of the sheet, and there is the risk that your snack will crumble in your hands. The same applies to leave. If you decide to cook Shawarma in Arabic this cake, make sure it’s fresh. To preserve the freshness of the pita or go for a long time, keep the product in a refrigerator at a temperature not exceeding 5 degrees.
What kind of meat and sauce better use
For cooking kebabs perfect chicken, pre-marinated in a mixture of tablespoons of lemon juice, three tablespoons water, one tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of curry. A more authentic recipe involves the use of lamb or veal. In this case, the meat should marinate in a mixture of 200 ml of wine vinegar, five cloves of crushed garlic, take one teaspoon each of spices — cinnamon, paprika, nutmeg and salt to taste. Very tasty Shawarma is obtained using smoked chicken or duck.
Sauce for Shawarma is a very important ingredient. If you do the usual mayonnaise, snack will still turn out delicious. But adding Shawarma garlic sauce based on sour cream, you will give the dish additional flavor. Preparing the sauce is very easy: the glass is not very thick cream mixed with 5 chopped cloves of garlic and two tablespoons of finely chopped cucumber. It’s time to add the spices to taste, and the mixture goes in the fridge for 1.5-2 hours. The finished sauce you can use for other meals.
Cooking recipes at home with photos
Best recipes of homemade Shawarma, presented below, contain detailed instructions with which you will be able to cook this dish is not worse than experienced Oriental chef. You will master all the subtleties of making this snack, from delicious roast meat to how to properly wrap a pita. Each method of cooking kebabs has a detailed set of ingredients, so before cooking you will be fully prepared.
Shawarma chicken in a pita
The kebab using chicken meat is one of the most common variants of this dish. Chicken is easy to operate, the meat is well fried and combined well with various vegetables and sauces. This kind of meat has a delicate taste and is liked by everyone. For cooking you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 large sheets of lavash;
- 400 grams chicken fillets;
- 200 g white cabbage;
- 4 cucumber;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- mayonnaise, ketchup and other sauces;
- salt, pepper, curry.
- In a dry pan put chopped chicken, sprinkle with curry, fry until Golden brown, add salt and pepper, remove from heat.
- Cabbage cut into strips, sprinkle with salt and pressed.
- Cucumbers cut into strips.
- Tomatoes cut into plates.
- Lavash lubricated with the sauce, adding minced garlic.
- On one side spread the meat, sprinkle with cabbage, the top of the «tree» lay out the cucumber and put some slices of tomatoes.
- First, turn the long edges of lavash and then roll it into a log.
- Slightly heated on a dry pan.
Delicious homemade Shawarma «in the stall»
How to make Shawarma at home so it came out «kiosk»? This question is raised by many cooks. The answer you will receive in the following recipe. To prepare to stock up on such products:
- 1 sheet of lavash;
- 2 chicken leg quarters;
- 200 g carrots in Korean;
- 200 g white cabbage;
- 1 small pickled cucumber;
- 1 small fresh cucumber;
- about half of a medium tomato.
- seasoning for chicken, salt, pepper;
- one tablespoon of mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, mustard, and olive oil;
- a clove of garlic.
- Remove the chicken meat from the bones, sprinkle them with seasoning, brush with olive oil, put it in the refrigerator for an hour and a half.
- Make the sauce — mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped garlic, finely chopped salted cucumber.
- Fry the meat until Golden brown, let cool.
- The third lavash lubricated with the sauce, spread it on the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with finely shredded cabbage.
- On top of cabbage put carrots.
- Cucumber, cut into small strips, spread on carrots.
- On top lay the sliced tomato, wrap, and fry on a dry pan.
Video recipe homemade Shawarma
Consolidate the submitted statements, the skills to see how to make a proper kebab, will help you a video recipe. It discussed in detail each stage of cooking — especially one that is of most interest to the majority of cooks are going to cook this dish at home: how to wrap a pita that it has not collapsed.