How to cook pearl barley on the water
Barley is known to most people since childhood – it was served in the kindergarten, the school cafeteria, sometimes cooked at home. Thanks to the many vitamins and minerals contained in the cereal, it is perfect for a healthy diet, but many reject its viscous consistency. To achieve a pleasant taste without glued cereals, pearl product, it is important to prepare. Now we will look at how to cook pearl barley on water with different recipes. Eating grits, you will provide the body with phosphorus, iodine, calcium and other nutrients.
How to cook pearl barley without soaking
To the barley turned out delicious, and to reduce the cooking time, it needs to be soaked in cold water several hours to half of day, however, there is a recipe in which the barley is cooked without soaking. This approach will allow you to save a lot of time: in General, it is reduced to about 2-3 hours. Here is how to prepare a delicious cereal for this recipe:
- The first secret to a tasty barley is a thorough washing. Takes a few times to drain the water. Rinse the groats should be, rubbing the grains together to fell the husk: when the porridge will be crumbly. Rinse well with pearl barley (1 Cup).
- Then there are two options: pour the product with boiling water and leave for an hour or boil for a few minutes in boiling water.
- After performing one of the previous conditions, add cold water to the pot (5 cups), put it on the fire, bring to a boil.
- After boiling, simmer for about an hour, then let sit for half an hour.
- Delicious porridge is ready!
Cooking barley porridge on the water in a slow cooker
- Slow cooker lets you quickly cook barley porridge. Rinse the grain until the water stays crystal clear.
- Pour in a pot of cold water, pour there pure grains, and then leave for a few hours to soak.
- When will the right time multivarku grease with butter piece, there move pearl product, select the mode «Buckwheat».
Porridge is prepared in the ratio of one to three hours approximately, from bags, 40-45 minutes. View a video that demonstrates how to cook pearl barley with the vegetables using a slow cooker:
What proportions of water and grain you need to follow
For preparing barley you need to know exactly how much water you need. In this case, it is necessary more than for any other cereals. Typically, the product is prepared using two or three and a half cups of water depending on what cereal I want to achieve: dry or softer. If the porridge is cooked without pre-soaking, it is necessary to follow the proportion of one to five.
The recipe for a delicious barley water
Barley porridge can be boiled in milk, broth with the addition of mushrooms, meat and other ingredients. But before experiments it is necessary to learn how to cook delicious barley water. This recipe is useful for those who want to learn how to cook healthy cereals, and contains many components that are necessary for normal functioning of the body.
- Rinse well with pearl barley (1 Cup), pouring all the trash and husks with it.
- Leave the pearl barley to soak overnight. The longer it would get soaked, the faster it will cook.
- Put the saucepan on the fire, bring the liquid to a boil, add a little butter or oil. Do not salt the water, as is the case with other cereals – it should be done after cooking.
- Reduce the gas, pour the cereal, let them boil about twenty minutes, stir several times.
- Check after 20 minutes, the readiness of the product. If the cereals purchased softness, has absorbed all the water, turn off the heat. If not ready, continue cooking. Reduce the heat to low, add salt, keep the rump so until tender.
- Remove from heat the finished dish, add a little butter, leave the lid on for 15-20 minutes.
- Delicious and easy to prepare.
Barley made one of these recipes will appeal to all members of the household: she’s nothing like nasty, improperly cooked glutinous grain. It can be used as a morning Breakfast dish, dining garnish to various types of meat, fish, fresh or roasted vegetables, to serve, mixed with mushrooms, greens. Making cereal an important part of the daily diet, you probably will soon feel their beneficial properties.