How to cook pearl barley for fishing
Pearl barley is of interest not only for chefs and homemakers, but also for fans of fishing. This grain in the form of bait is very popular among experienced fishermen, and it has clear advantages: high efficiency, possibility of cooking at home, low cost, affordability. The bait perfectly caught carp, crucian carp, bream, IDE, tench, roach. However, to ensure a good catch can only be fragrant, soft bait. How to cook pearl barley for fishing right? Face it.
How to properly and quickly cook the barley for fishing
To cook any cereal that requires certain knowledge and skills, especially when brewed barley that inexperience can digest or think. The exact answer to the question, how much time and how to cook pearl barley for fishing, no. Even if the pearl barley will catch a few fishermen who sit around, catch each will be different. It’s all in the method of preparation and correct selection of cereals. Some of her cook, and make the grain softer, others tired, others added flavorings, nozzles or fill.
To successfully cook the barley for fishing, consider the following tips:
- Start with the right choice of cereals, not all barley is appropriate. Grain cereal choose completely cleared from the skin (bran), large size, white color. It is best to cook pearl barley the fresh crop. Last year’s grain – dark and takes longer to cook. Pay attention to their integrity, it is not necessary to buy barley damaged by rodents or moths.
- Too boiled bait fish causing a bit of interest.
- Before cooking, you can add the barley:
- Salt, it enhances the flavor of the bait. Per liter not used more than a pinch of salt.
- A small amount of crushed sunflower seeds.
- At the end of cooking it is permissible to pour a bit of fresh crude oil.
- Pre-cooked hemp seeds.
- Crushed strawberry or raspberry caramel.
- Dissolved in water med.
- A few cloves of garlic or a little garlic powder.
- Yellow or red food coloring.
- After cooking, smell and taste to the bait add:
- breadcrumbs or feeder the bait that you need to grind with beans before fishing;
- several teaspoons of honey;
- ground cinnamon (a pinch);
- for carp fishing or carp add to the finished bait a little raspberry syrup;
- After cooking porridge, do not wash, sticky mucus formed in the cooking process, has a special smell to attract fish.
- To catch small fish use the more solid grain. When weak Kleve will approach the bait softer.
- To catch it is better to use fresh barley. The maximum shelf life of the finished product is 2-3 days, then use it only for bait.
- In the classic version of grits boiled in water. Maybe adding milk or cooking in a tincture of cannabis.
- Many people prefer not to cook pearl barley, and steamed it using a thermos. Both options are effective, the main thing – to choose the optimal time of readiness.
The right proportions of grains and water
To achieve a good result on a fishing trip, it is necessary to observe the correct proportions in the preparation of bait. However, first determine what consistency of food you need to:
- To get a solid clean grain, the ratio of dry matter and water is 1:2.5 or 1:3.
- Fans of the viscous bait with a large amount of mucus it is better to take 1 Cup of grain in 1 liter of water.
How long to cook porridge
The speed of cooking of the bait can vary from 40 minutes to 3 hours, it is affected by the following factors:
- The pot (cast iron, enamelled).
- Method of preparation (boiled, and steamed in a thermos, to cook in a pressure cooker, a slow cooker).
- The variety and freshness of cereals. The longer the barley is stored, the longer it is heat treated. For quick cooking pre-soak the cereal in warm water for a few hours.
- The size of the grain. Little grains cook faster, but because of the size they are awkward to put the bait on the hook, and fish this bait may not notice.
The best recipes for fishing for carp, bream, roach
Barley is a favorite food of IDE, bream, white bream, roach and carp. Every fisherman can find your own original recipe barley for catching fish. Thanks to the new cooking device, the cooking process barley bait easier and faster. Many people use crock pots, microwaves, steamers, electrochoc, but most anglers prefer to use classical methods.
No matter which recipe you prefer, remember these rules:
- Do not use the cooking bait water from the tap, it has an unpleasant fish smell of the chloride.
- For steaming barley don’t take the thermos, which was formerly a tea or coffee. The walls of the vessel absorb the smell of drink and unable to impregnate your bait.
- Keep bait in the fridge is better in sealed glass trays.
How to cook barley for bait in a slow cooker with garlic
The presence in the house, such a kitchen appliance like a slow cooker in the modern world no surprise. Actively using them as Housewives for cooking and fishermen for the preparation of aromatic bait of barley. Depending on the model and manufacturer of the slow cooker, modes for cooking fish bait may be different: «Milk porridge», «Rice/rice», «Porridge», «Buckwheat», «Buckwheat». Some grains are more viscous, others crumbly.
- large grains barley – 1 Cup;
- water canteen – 2.5 cups;
- garlic – a few cloves;
- anise oil – 2-3 drops.
Method of preparation:
- Thoroughly rinse the groats in cold water and remove all debris.
- Washed grains soak in water for 1-1,5 hours.
- The passage of time put the barley in a pot, add water.
- Close the cover of the cooking appliance, select the desired program.
- The bait put in the glass tray, close it, wrap a towel.
- Leave to infuse for 3-4 hours.
- Before fishing in grits, add a few drops of anise oil and chopped garlic, mix well all ingredients.
Pearl barley with Revit
In summer the fish are actively biting on scented bait. For that, it added sunflower seeds, honey, anise drops, but particularly effective is the use of vitamins «REVITA». In our country it is a common Supplement that has bait fish scent. To prepare the bait with the vitamins needed:
- barley – 1 faceted glass;
- drinking water – 6 cups;
- salt, small pinch;
- vitamins «REVITA» – 8-10 tablets.
The cooking process:
- Pre-washed grits, pour into a saucepan.
- Fill with boiling water, sprinkle with salt.
- All mix well, close the pan with a lid and put on fire.
- When the porridge boils, reduce the flame, cook for another 40-60 minutes.
- So grains do not stick together, barley, stir constantly.
- REVITA razdelyaet with a spoon to get the flour.
- In the finished porridge add crushed vitamins and mix up.
Video recipe: How to dissolve the bait in a thermos
The easiest method of preparing a bait used by many fishermen steaming barley in a thermos. It requires little time and no risk of burning the porridge. To prepare barley for fishing will help the following rules:
- For convenience, take a thermos with a wide throat, so it will be easier to wash the dishes and fall asleep in there grain.
- Barley swells much, so fill it only one-third of the vessel.
- Before you fill the thermos with cereal, warm it with boiling water: pour water, close to 15 minutes and leave the jar in the supine position.
How to cook the bait in a thermos, see the video story: