How to cook chickpeas at home
A healthy diet is essential to good health. Chickpeas just refers to products that can help you to cook delicious, unusual and healthy food. The one who tried at least once a dish of this incredible product, you will want to cook it myself, so many interesting to learn how to cook the chickpeas at home. However, before we take on kitchen tools – read with useful information, what is it and what is the use of the Turkish product.
What is chickpea?
Chickpea is garbanzo beans, which has many useful properties. This legume is widely used in Asian and vegetarian cuisine. From the seeds of the chickpeas cook a variety of delicious dishes, among which the Jewish falafel (garbanzo beans, to grind, to form balls and fry in deep fat) or hummus (puree of chickpeas, served as an appetizer).
Chickpea is popular in countries such as India, Pakistan, China, Australia, and North America. Also chickpea pray the flour, and then bake pancakes, cakes or candy. Chickpea has a neutral taste, so it can be easily combined with spicy dishes, sweet or sour. Because of this there are a huge number of recipes is unusual for Russia Bob at home.
What is its benefit?
Chickpeas refers to cultures that are endowed with many beneficial nutrients. This is important when your diet is restricted and the body loses vital elements. So, a useful point of chickpea is that it contains high protein content (30%), so this garbanzo beans are widely used in vegetarian cuisine or when fasting.
Sprouted garbanzo beans, chickpeas are rich in folic acid, zinc, vitamins B1, B6, and various minerals, carbohydrates and polyunsaturated fats. In this crop contains such elements as lysine-an essential for the human body amino acid). Chickpeas belong to a very nutritious food, you can be sure of seeing him calories: 364 kcal per 100 grams.
Recipes for tasty dishes of chickpeas with pictures
Many restaurants in the world serves a cooked chickpeas in the form of snacks, side dishes, first or main courses. At home from chickpeas, you also can prepare a lot of interesting. There is a huge variety of preparation methods, which will appeal to refined gourmets. To learn how to cook chickpeas is delicious, you can in the instructions with step by step guidelines and photos on. A few guidelines on how to cook chickpeas:
- Wash the required amount of chickpeas.
- Cup chickpeas soak in a liter of drinking water.
- Leave to soak for no more than 4 hours.
With vegetables and meat in a slow cooker
The slow cooker is a good way to keep all the beneficial components of those foods that your family eats. Cook at home nutritional stew with meat, chickpeas and vegetables. The taste is very unusual, rich and unique. Thanks to the combination of vegetables and chickpeas cooked with a slow cooker, the dish will turn out particularly useful, nourishing. If you are tired of the traditional cuisine, garbanzo beans – what you need. Try it, you will not regret.
Components that you will need:
- 200 grams of chickpeas.
- 300 grams of beef.
- One Bulgarian pepper.
- Teaspoon of mustard.
Step by step instructions on cooking meals with chickpeas:
- Meat cleaned of veins, cut into small pieces.
- With tomatoes remove the skin. To do this, use boiling water, put the tomatoes in a container. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then peel easily comes off.
- Vegetables cut into strips.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker saute onions and carrots in sunflower oil.
- When the onions and carrots to cook, toss the meat with salt, bunch thyme and mustard. Fry up to 5 minutes.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, pepper and chickpeas. Pour a glass of water, cover the pan and select the option «High pressure». Cooking time – 15 min.
- Next, check the chickpeas: if it is ready – add the herbs and leave not long to wait.
Baked in the oven as a snack with beer
For lovers of beer will fit great recipe chickpeas, home-cooked method of baking. Its crispy crust, which is obtained in the oven, it has a terrific flavor. Spice up this dish with garlic curry – feel free to invite your friends to your favorite movies with beer and grilled Turkish nuts. You will be richly compensated for the provision of such an unusual tasty snack of chickpea and ask for supplements.
- 200 grams of chickpeas.
- Two teaspoons of curry.
- Two cloves of garlic.
- A couple of tablespoons of sunflower oil or olive.
How to cook chickpeas to the beer:
- Pre-soaked garbanzo beans, cook on low heat (50 min.). Drain, let cool.
- Add the chickpeas, spices, salt, oil.
- Put the chickpeas on a greased baking sheet and put grilled in the oven at 160 degrees.
- When the peas are browned, sprinkle with grated garlic and leave to doganitsa still for 10 minutes.
Hummus – a tasty dish with an interesting taste that is used as an appetizer, make a sandwich with this paste for Breakfast. This popular Jewish dish is not difficult to prepare at home – simply follow the recipe described below, and you have a delicious hummus like in the best restaurants in the world. Give them to my family and children, to make up for the vitamin deficiency of the body and to satisfy the gastronomic needs.
- 400 grams of chickpeas.
- Five tablespoons of olive oil.
- Two tablespoons of ground sesame seeds.
- A clove of garlic.
- Ground coriander, half spoon.
The course of preparation:
- Soaked chickpeas cook until the acquisition of soft (50 minutes). Drain, let cool.
- Grind garbanzo beans in the blender along with the sesame seeds and garlic. As a result, you should get a paste the consistency of thick cream. Periodically pour the broth in which the cooked chickpeas when you’re grinding.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix again.
- The hummus is ready.
Garbanzo bean soup
Soup is an important dish in the family. Many Housewives try to be diverse and to cook the first meals for your family using recipes from various world cuisines. Chickpeas soup can perfectly be used for these purposes. Be sure that each of your family members will happily eat a couple of servings – a delicious soup with chickpeas. Check out the detailed recipe:
- A Cup of chickpeas.
- Kilogram of mutton ribs. Can replace with pork or beef.
- Two onions.
- Half bell pepper.
- Two tablespoons of tomato paste.
- A whole head of garlic.
- Of coriander seeds.
- Butter – a couple tablespoons.
The cooking process:
- Soaked chickpeas cook until tender (40-50 minutes).
- Chop the ribs.
- Throw the meat in a pot of water, let it simmer.
- Dice the vegetables. And garlic clean and cut the rhizome just below bared teeth.
- In butter fry the vegetables, adding garlic, herbs.
- When the ingredients in the pan will become transparent, add the tomato paste.
- Set aside the pan from the fire and pull the meat broth in a boiling liquid, throw the chickpeas. Cooking time – about 50 minutes.
- When chickpeas are completely cooked – toss the garlic with the vegetables, leave on the fire until 15 minutes.
- It’s time to add salt, other spices.
- After another 15 minutes gram soup is ready.
Pilaf in Uzbek
A lot of people love the Uzbek cuisine and pilaf in Uzbek – is the most popular dish among Russians. Try this dish to prepare with the addition of spicy chickpeas. You get a completely different taste that will seduce you from the first spoonful. Invite your husband to cook this risotto for fishing, when the men get hungry. Read our tips on how to prepare a tasty chickpeas at home.
- Kilogram mutton pulp.
- The same round of rice.
- Still the same carrot.
- Three heads of onions.
- A Cup of chickpeas.
- A couple of small spoonfuls of barberry.
- The same amount of cumin.
- Three whole heads of garlic.
- Half a small spoon of sugar.
The cooking process:
- Take the pot and sunflower oil fry the chopped lamb (time – 10 minutes), remove.
- Instead of mutton, throw the entire onion, roughly chopped, and fry until Golden brown.
- Then throw the lamb back in, add heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- After you throw carrots, cut into strips, season with salt, fry 15 minutes.
- Begin to cook zirvak. Fill the dish with a liter of boiling water – let boil.
- Toss chickpeas with spices and unpeeled garlic. Leave to simmer for about half an hour.
- Remove garlic and stir the cauldron.
- Well-washed rice add to the ingredients in Kazan, salt. If not enough liquid add a little water to cover the rice.
- After half an hour put back the garlic, turn off the oven and close the cauldron lid.
- When the rice absorbed the liquid left in the risotto – the dish is ready for serving.
Where to buy chickpeas and how much it cost
In the modern era to purchase a particular commodity is not a big problem. You can always find what you need – is wanted. In Russia garbanzo beans you can buy, making a purchase online or in stationary stores involved in sales of various Turkish spices. Read the information below, where you will find not only the address of the place of sale, and the estimated cost.
You can buy chickpeas through a catalog on the Internet at the following sites (prices are given in rubles):
- siroedov.ru (price from 75 to 135, depending on the weight of the pack);
- diamart.info (120/500 g);
- moskva.i-mne.com (140/500 g);
- korshop.ru (195/1000 g);
- nature-product.ru (127/500).
Stationary stores in Moscow that sell chickpeas in packs of 500g:
- Store «Eastern products», vul. Maclay, 4 (100-280 rubles).
- «Raw foodists» metro station Trubnaya, Small Kiselny lane, 6, of.1 (158 rubles).
- «Diamant», vul. The big Kosinsky, d. 24a (145 rubles).
- Nut-Company, Varshavskoe shosse, d. 125, ser.18 (210 rubles).
- Aguada, road, D. 1B, p. 10, metro station Tekstilshchiki (115 rubles).
Video: how to soak and cook garbanzo beans
To make your dish turned out as close in taste to the original recipe, it is important to follow all instructions, recommendations and techniques of cooking Turkish chickpeas. It requires a special approach, so please be patient and a few hours time. And to work «like clockwork», watch a video, where you will find comprehensive information about the rules of soaking and cooking the chickpeas at home.