How to cook beef steak
Proper cooking of delicious meat dishes sometimes referred to as a kind of science. To understand is not just for experienced cooks and novices. The question how to cook beef steak, raised by many Housewives. It would seem not the most complicated dish, but it requires a very careful approach. A very important condition of successful cooking is choosing the right beef. Depends on 90% of the success of your culinary events. Here are some tips that will help you to choose the basis for a juicy and nutritious meals.
How to choose and buy the beef
In commercial networks, you may meet ready portions meant for steak. If you want to prepare this dish is tasty, to give them the preference is not recommended. Before choosing decide how you will prepare the meat: bone-in or without. Compare chef’s selection of meat for steak with the creative process. If you work on the same principle, the likelihood that the dish will turn out tasty, will greatly increase.
What part of do beef steak
For different types of steaks are the best parts of the beef. If you are going to cook the rib steak or porter house will fit the Chuck parts or a neck part of ink. What part of the beef to take for steak to ribs? According to experienced cooks, will fit thick edge of the longissimus muscle with a small rib bone. Steak sirloin steak will fit neck, marbled beef or lumbar part. If you are wondering how to choose meat for a traditional steak boneless, pay attention to soft loin with a minimal amount of fat and connective tissue.
Beef tenderloin is the best meat for steak
A good option when you select the steak of meat-neck, rump, blade, but best of all the classic dishes of choice beef tenderloin is the long muscle of the inner part of the back. It has a delicate structure and delicious, and the degree of doneness is easy to control. When selecting cuttings it is important not to fall for the tricks of wily sellers and do not purchase in the flesh from the inside of the legs. The real notch has a pronounced head and the tape. Its structure is loose and has large fibers.
The right marinade for the dish
Important question – how to marinate meat. The marinade will soften it, giving it a spicy flavor, to preserve freshness. The basis for the marinade is acid. You can use vinegar (preferably natural), wine, citrus juices. Acidic environment softens the meat fibers, and the dish turns out tender, regardless of the degree of doneness. Olive and other vegetable oil added to the marinade, keep the juices in the meat. Supplement liquid for marinating beef it is recommended that Basil, dill, oregano, rosemary, red, black or Cayenne pepper, mustard seeds.
How to cook meat to different degrees of doneness
Different types of steaks are classified according to the degree of readiness. In cooking there are following types of this dish:
- Very rare or rare steak. When cooking meat is heated to 40-45 degrees. It has a slight crust, but the inside is practically raw.
- Rare. This is the traditional rare steak, but with longer aging of meat. Edges browned, and inside is a clear strip of pink.
- Medium Rare. Steak without blood, but the juice has a bright pink hue.
- Medium. The medium is the steak of medium rare with a light pink juice.
- Medium Well. Meat well done, has a transparent juice.
- Well Done. Well-done steak, with almost no juice.
How to cook beef steak: the best recipes with photos
Method of steak cooking depend on many factors: not only taste, hardness, but also the caloric value of the dish, its compatibility with different toppings. A few of the recipes below will allow any cook to prepare delicious and juicy meat, choose the right spices, and method of heat treatment. Where you fried the steak (in the slow cooker, the grill, the grill, etc.) – a significant moment that affects the cooking process. All the important nuances are reflected in the step-by-step homemade recipes below.
Marbled beef on the grill pan
Steak in a pan is a kind of Golden classic cooking, and if it is used marbled meat, the dish becomes a delicacy. It may be nice to diversify the daily menu or be a star attraction at the festive table. Find marbled beef is not always easy, but if you are lucky to have this variety, be sure to try to cook a dish according to the recipe below.
For cooking delicious juicy marbled beef steak on the grill pan you will need the following products:
- 700-1000 grams marbled meat;
- blend of ground red, black and white pepper;
- grass. The optimal set for this dish — a mixture of thyme, tarragon, Basil, thyme and rosemary;
- sea salt;
- olive oil (extra virgin to take is not recommended).
The process of making marbled beef steak includes the following steps:
- Beef cut into pieces with a thickness of about 1.5-2 cm.
- The pieces are rubbed with salt, pepper and herb mixture.
- The workpiece is lubricated with olive oil.
- The frying pan is heated at maximum heat for 2.5-3 minutes.
- Meat into the pan. Each piece is fried evenly for 3 minutes and then flipped.
- Steaks are fried for another 3 minutes.
- Pan is sent in preheated to 200 degrees oven for 5 minutes.
How to fry beef steak at home in the oven
Cooking in the oven is the ability to make meat more tender structure and to reduce the fat and calorie content. If you decided to bake the steak for two, stock up on these products:
- 2 portions of the piece weighing approximately 250-300 grams;
- 2 small onions;
- tablespoon of honey;
- 70-80 ml dry white wine;
- 2 medium garlic cloves;
- teaspoon grated ginger root;
- tablespoon of soy sauce.
The cooking process:
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Mix soy sauce, ginger, onion and mixture of garlic, honey, wine.
- In the marinade put the pre-washed the steaks and leave for about 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the steaks in the oven, fried on each side for 5-7 minutes.
- Bring remaining marinade to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes to give it thickness.
- Ready to put steaks on a plate and pour prepared sauce.
BBQ grilled with a side dish of vegetables
Beef steak on the grill — one of the best meats for cooking outdoors. Complemented by the perfect vegetable side dish for a barbecue, he will give gastronomic delight even the most discerning palates. Advance purchase is a spray bottle with water to regulate the degree of heat of the coals. For cooking (based on 4 persons) will need these components:
- 4 slices of beef, 200 grams;
- seasoning to taste;
- 1 onion;
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce;
- 4 crushed garlic cloves;
- 100 ml of olive oil.
- 2 eggplant;
- 8 medium potatoes;
- 2 bell peppers;
- 400 g of cherry tomatoes.
Method of preparation:
- Finely chopped onion, chopped garlic, spices, oil and soy sauce mix.
- In the marinade laid out the steaks. The meat was infused for 3 hours.
- Potatoes cut into slices, eggplant rings, pepper cut into 4 parts.
- The grill ignited. After the coal is burned on the grate is laid the meat and prikalivatsja about 10 minutes on each side.
- 10 minutes after you start cooking on the grill, put the potatoes and eggplant, even after 5 tomatoes and peppers.
The recipe for a delicious sauce to the dish
What better way to accentuate the unique flavor that has a well-done piece of steak than a delicious sauce? Good refined option — red wine sauce. For this sauce you will need:
- red wine — 400 g;
- a few sprigs of thyme;
- 50 gr. butter;
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 2 red onions;
- a set of seasonings to taste.
The sauce is prepared as follows:
- Olive oil passiruete finely chopped onion.
- When it turns Golden color, poured wine.
- Added thyme and other spices, the mixture is stirred, evaporated to reduce the liquid in half.
- The sauce is removed from heat, add salt, pepper and butter.
- The mixture is cooled and served with finely chopped fresh herbs.
- This sauce blends perfectly with all varieties of steak and perfectly sets off their delicate flavor.
Video recipe: Steak of beef in multivarku Redmond
Steaks you can cook on open fire, in a frying pan or in the oven. Tasty, nutritious and low calorie dish and cook in the slow cooker. This device has user-friendly interface and a sufficient number of modes to prepare an ideal steak. Use a video master class that is easy to implement with a device from Redmond. With this preparation you will be able to track the status of meat and regulate the process of frying steak. Video tutorial has easy step by step form available to cook with any level of experience: