Harvesting of pumpkins for winter recipes with photos
Pumpkin is a versatile vegetable, from which you can make a huge amount of food. Its flesh is used for soups, pies, desserts and even bread. Pumpkin is the key to maintaining health and lightness after a meal, because it is well absorbed by the body. Many who do not want to part with your favorite pumpkin dishes with the onset of winter, trying to diversify the diet of the blanks. We offer several delicious recipes from pumpkin that will not leave you indifferent after the winter.
How to choose the right pumpkin
Buying a pumpkin, you should pay attention to its size. The best fruits weighing 3 to 5 kg. These vegetables are less fibrous and sweeter. Giant pumpkins are cultivated as a fodder varieties for animals and weighing in at 10-15 kg would be inconvenient to store and transport the fruit. The rind of the plant should be firm, smooth, not wrinkled and free of defects (presence of rot, stains from shock). Inspect the stripes on the rind – they should be straight. If wavy strip, it indicates the presence of nitrates.
When choosing a watermelon, look carefully at her peduncle (tail). An indicator of the ripeness of a vegetable – drying ponytail. The achievement of maturation can «speak» hardening of the bark with a well defined pattern. Ask the seller to cut the pumpkin to determine the quality of the pulp. Than it is orange, meaty and thicker, the better. Seeds from ripe fruit should be ripe and large. Prefer pumpkin round sizes – they are always more sweet.
What can you make out the pumpkins for harvesting in winter
Ripe pumpkin – a storehouse of vitamins and minerals necessary for the human body. It is rich in vitamins A, b, C, E, P, PP, and the rare vitamin T, which provides acceleration of metabolic processes, preventing the deposition of extra pounds. The minerals in pumpkin is sulfur, phosphorus, fluorine, zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium. Large amount of pectins, located in the orange vegetable, remove toxins and provide a selection of «bad» cholesterol.
If you harvest the pumpkin for the winter, she not only do not lose their useful qualities, and multiply them, when combined with other vegetables. The calorie content of canned orange plant is very low, so winter serves as a useful dietary product. If you harvest the pumpkin for the winter, it becomes even sweeter and softer. Consider the most popular and tested recipes of winter preparation.
Pumpkin and Apple puree
Puree has the same properties as the product from which it is made. Air, pumpkin and Apple puree in the winter has a limitless range of applications. It can be used as a basis for soufflés and sauces, fillings for home baking or as baby food for the baby. With the help of wiping the fruit easy to prepare sweet tarts, marshmallows or sandwiches, and some adults eat in the winter is a treat straight from the jar. To cook and roll up for the winter pumpkin and Apple puree is not difficult, judge for yourself.
- 1 kg of purified pumpkin pulp;
- 1 kg of apples;
- 300 grams of sugar.
- Clean the pumpkin from the seeds and the fibrous part, cut into narrow slices, and then cut with a knife, peel, flesh to pieces.
- Apples peel, remove the seeds and pith, cut into slices.
- Move all ingredients in a small saucepan, stir, pour sugar.
- Leave for a couple of hours chopped fruits in the sugar, stirring occasionally.
- When the pulp will allocate a sufficient amount of juice, boil the mixture until soft on low heat.
- After pumpkin and Apple mixture has cooled, whisk blender until smooth delicate puree.
- Bring puree to a boil, then pour in sterilized jars.
- Move banks to a specially prepared a big pot of boiling water, sterilized with mashed potatoes for at least 10 minutes, then wrap.
- Flip the container upside down, wrap at night, then send the workpiece into storage before winter.
Homemade juice in scource
Owners solverok to do in winter, pumpkin harvesting is easier because all the work will make the smart device. The juice obtained from the pumpkin using sokovarki, much tastier and healthier than store bought, so it’s more intense and without sediment. Natural drink pumpkin popular as a product for a healthy diet and as therapeutic and prophylactic. As he has a lot of medicinal properties: sedative, antipyretic, antimicrobial, diuretic, choleretic, tonic, it is recommended to drink as an official medicine, and folk.
- 1 kg of pumpkin;
- 200 grams of sugar.
- Pumpkin wash, peel, seeds, the fibrous part, cut into medium-sized pieces.
- In the lower tier sokovarki pour to the level of the water, then put on top of the other tiers.
- Chopped pumpkin put on the upper part of the structure, close tight somwaru, put on the fire.
- After 45 minutes of boiling the water begins to stand out juice, which follows the tube to collect in a large pot.
- Once the juice runs out, open the unit and stir the pulp to make it of glass.
- To the juice add the sugar, bring it to a boil and pour into hot jars, the past sterilization immediately roll up.
Caviar with vegetables in the microwave
Pumpkin is universal. It combines perfectly with fruit and vegetables. In addition to delicious jam and juice, it makes great eggs that taste is practically no different from squash, because these two are twin cities. This healthy dish is a great way for the whole family during the winter the deficiency, and prepare it simple. We offer an easy recipe for pumpkin caviar with vegetables cooked in a microwave oven.
- 500 g of pumpkin pulp;
- two carrots;
- two onions;
- two tooth. garlic;
- three tbsp raises. oil;
- one tablespoon of wheat flour;
- to taste salt, pepper.
Recipe of the workpiece step by step:
- Pumpkin flesh cut into medium cubes, put in glass form, add ground pepper, flour, salt, stir.
- On a heated pan pour vegetable oil, fry chopped garlic for a few minutes, add grated carrots.
- When finished roasting, mix it with pumpkin, send in the microwave for 15 min at maximum power.
- When ready, chop eggs in a blender, put in sterilized jars, then roll up the tin lids. Pumpkin twist-preparation for the winter ready!
Canned pumpkin with orange
Home closing large opportunities to create new taste compositions. Very tasty and unusual option for winter harvesting is pumpkin with orange and rosemary in a sweet sauce. The bright orange vegetable in this combination becomes simply unrecognizable. In the winter it is used as a separate dish or with casseroles, pancakes, milk puddings and even as a dressing for vegetable salads and stews. Canned pumpkin with orange would be happy to eat your child.
- 200 grams of pumpkin;
- one orange;
- 120 grams of sugar;
- the greens of rosemary.
- Select ripe, high-quality with bright orange flesh of the pumpkin to clear, cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Ripe orange cut into thin slices.
- In a sterilized glass jar put layers of pumpkin, orange, sprigs of rosemary.
- On top pour the sugar, pour with boiling water.
- Place the jar in the oven for 20 minutes for sterilization of the workpiece.
- Ready preservation cap caps, flip the banks, with a cap or blanket to cool.
Appetizer of pumpkin with green beans
Sweet pumpkin puree and porridge is very tasty, but the hostess with experience know how to make salads and pickled for the winter to dish the family loved both adults and children. Want to share a recipe for pumpkin vegetable snacks that will be welcome in the winter on the table as a separate dish or as a side dish. This salad will be appreciated even by those who sit on the Dukan diet or keeps post.
- 2 kg of pumpkin;
- 1 kg asparagus;
- a pound of pepper;
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes;
- 100 grams of 6% vinegar;
- single stack. sugar;
- two tooth. garlic;
- two tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- two tbsp. of salt;
- Pumpkin peel, cut into medium cubes.
- Green beans cut into sticks, bell. pepper – half-rings.
- Garlic and tomatoes pass through a blender, add sugar, salt, vinegar, rust. oil.
- In the mixture put sliced vegetables and dill, put on the fire, after boiling simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Hot snack lay on the banks, pre-sterilized, and roll.
Pickled pumpkin with spices in a slow cooker
Pickled pumpkin has a pleasant sweet and sour taste and is somewhat reminiscent of canned pineapple. This is a great snack or side dish, addition to various vegetable salads, meat dishes. Pickled pumpkin preserves all useful properties of fresh vegetable, and its regular consumption helps normalize sleep and memory, better digestion and nervous system.
- 2.2 kg pumpkin pulp;
- 4 the tooth. garlic;
- 150 grams chili;
- two tablespoons etc. oil.
For the marinade:
- one liter of water;
- one tbsp. of salt;
- 1.5 stack. sugar;
- 5 PCs Laurel. letters;
- 5 pieces of bayberry;
- one tablespoon of ground black pepper.
- Purified pumpkin cut into cubes.
- Garlic and chilli is arbitrary.
- Prepare marinade in a slow cooker on the «Paste» 5 minutes, mixing all the ingredients.
- In a bowl to marinade, place the solution. oil and chopped vegetables.
- In the mode «Stewing» prepare a snack for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using the strainer, separate the steamed vegetables from the liquid.
- Arrange vegetables in sterilized jars, and the marinade bring to boil the «Pasta» (2 min).
- Hot marinade banks pour cap, turn upside down, wrap a towel, leave to cool.
- To store up winter snack in the refrigerator or other cool place.
Candied pumpkin peels
Candied as a delicacy came to us from the East, and many people use them daily. But fruit, candied in syrup, which is sold in stores, not bring much use, after all, contain various flavorings, colorings and other chemical additives. Candied pumpkin, cooked at home is a delicious and healthy treat, which is a great alternative to candy. We offer a simple recipe of sweet billet Goodies for the winter that can be stored in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 1 kg watermelon rind;
- three cups of sugar;
- one liter of water.
- Peel the pumpkin peel, cut into strips.
- Prepare a 10% salt solution, leave the peel in it for a day.
- Soak pumpkin peel cold water, then boil until the salt is dissolved.
- Sugar and water prepare syrup.
- Pour peel in sugar syrup, put on fire, bring to a boil, turn off, let cool.
- Repeat the operation 4 times, until the peel becomes transparent.
- Cooked candied recline in a colander to stack the syrup, then dried for 8 hours at 55 degree temperature. At home, it is done in the oven, maintaining the desired temperature.
Jam – assorted
Supporters of a healthy food think jam useless food only increases the body weight because the fruits are long thermal treatment in which lost all nutrients. But lovers of this delicacy do not pay attention to such trifles, and enjoy it is prepared for the winter store, then to pamper loved ones with delicious cakes with jam or just to eat with tea. We offer you the recipe of pumpkin jam with dried apricots, the most delicious and thick delicacy is obtained if it is cooked with meats.
- 3 kg of pumpkin pulp;
- a pound of dried apricots;
- 2 kg of sugar;
- half tsp of lemon. to you.
- Prepared pumpkin flesh to grate more.
- Dried apricots soak after swell, peel and slice.
- Join the pumpkin and dried apricots, add a little water, simmer for 30 minutes.
- After sprinkle sugar, cook until thick, then put citric acid.
- Once the jam has cooled, put it into sterilized jars, close tightly with plastic lids.
- Keep up to winter in the fridge.
Compote with spices and lemon
Pumpkin juice, harvested in the winter is the best way to preserve vitamins. Although after cooking it loses the vitamin C, but other nutrients remain unharmed. In the autumn beauty, combined with lemon and spices, there is a sweet-spicy flavor, so this recipe pumpkin will appreciate even the most demanding gourmets.
- 500 g of pumpkin pulp;
- one lemon;
- single stack. sugar;
- 6 PCs stud;
- 1 liter of water;
- a pinch of vanillin.
- Prepared pumpkin flesh, wash, cut into pieces small size.
- The cut pieces are put in a pot, pour sugar, pour water.
- Bring to a boil, then add the squeezed lemon juice.
- Boil the compote for 20 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- After soften the pumpkin, add cloves, vanilla or any other spices to taste.
- Boil the compote for 2 minutes, then pour in sterilized banks, roll up, put in storage until winter.
Freezing pumpkin at home
To a pumpkin for the winter maximum has retained its beneficial qualities, the best methods of preserving is freezing. But you should know that before you send the orange beauty in the freezer, it is better to bake in the oven or blanch, to avoid sagging or watery, which can occur when pumpkin pulp and freeze fresh. We offer quick recipe of pumpkin for good preservation for the winter.
- one average pumpkin.
- Pumpkin wash, halve, remove the seeds and stringy part.
- Cut into small cubes, place on a baking sheet.
- In the preheated oven send the pieces of the pumpkin for 45 minutes.
- Cool the baked product, and then place it in a sealed plastic container, drain the resulting liquid.
- Send baked pumpkin in the freezer until winter.
Video: quick and delicious recipes from pumpkin for the winter
Deserted autumn, the garden is always colourful, like a big orange pumpkin. The witch in the fairy tale flick of the wrist turned it into a carriage and modern Housewives can make this fabulous plant are incredibly delicious. To cook the pumpkin quickly and easily everything: add some fruit or vegetables, and get a light salad. Or fill the pumpkin puree biscuit dough – here’s a great casserole. View video recipes, which are original recipes of harvested pumpkins for the winter.