This dish is one of the oldest in Russian cuisine and is a rich fish soup. For its preparation are not suitable for all sorts of fish, tastier it turns out dish of predatory species such as perch or pike-perch. Experienced fishermen say that it is better to cook the soup of pike fillets.
Features of cooking
Ear pike – a simple dish, however, you should know and stick to a particular technology. Delicious fish soup you get when you observe the following rules:
- pike needs to be extremely fresh, not frozen (ideally to buy live fish);
- ear better it turns out, contains several different species of fish (pike, you can combine bass, sturgeon, catfish);
- it is better to choose a few small fish than one big one, the dish has not acquired the taste of Tina;
- before cooking the soup and the fish need to gut;
- small pieces of fish are added to the soup for 10 minutes until cooked dishes;
- the water is salted at the beginning;
- the head and other parts of the pike cook over low heat;
- optionally the broth, you can add rice or millet, vegetables, potatoes, parsley, garlic, dill, Bay leaf;
- better not to interrupt the aroma of fish, spices with a rich, vibrant fragrance;
- the vessel where the cooked ear should not oxidize, so it is better to choose a clay pot or enamel pot;
- during cooking the soup do not cover.
How to cook a fish soup of pike at home
In Russian cuisine for cooking soup use a variety of river fish, however, the preference for soup from a pike, because it is a very aromatic, rich and yet transparent. Moreover, Shchuch’ye meat contains huge amount of nutrients – iodine, sodium, zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron, etc. Because fish is low calorie, it is considered a dietary product and meals out of it, you can safely have people seeking to lose weight.
A classic recipe
A delicious soup you can cook in field conditions – so is the opinion of many fishermen. However, rich and tasty fish soup can be done at home. The main thing is to get fresh pike. The classic cooking you will need the following ingredients:
- onions – 2 PCs.;
- pike – 1 kg;
- medium potatoes – 3-4 pieces.;
- carrot – 1 PC.;
- parsley (root) – 2 PCs.;
- pepper – 6-8 pieces;
- water – 2.5-3l;
- Bay leaf – 3-4 pieces.;
- vodka – 70 ml;
- butter – 10 g;
- herbs, salt (to taste).
How to cook fish soup at home:
- Peel, cut into medium dice potatoes, put in boiling water.
- Immediately add unpeeled but thoroughly washed the bulbs with cut roots.
- Finely chop the peeled carrots and parsley root, add to the pan and count 10 minutes.
- Clear pike from scales, remove the gills and the contents of the belly, cut into serving pieces.
- In the broth add the spices and place the prepared fish, screwing the heat to low.
- After 15-20 minutes, pour in the vodka. It will improve the taste of the finished dish, and will eliminate the smell of river vegetation characteristic of pike.
- Turn off the heat, remove from the pan pepper, Bay leaf, onion and put in soup butter.
- Pour the dish on plates, sprinkle with finely chopped greens. Optionally, season the soup with sour cream.
How to cook soup of fish head
Ear with pike heads get very rich. To soften the taste, you can season the broth with a small amount of fresh ginger, anise or saffron. To complement the aroma and taste of the soup, you can use white or green peppercorns, and parsley. For cooking need:
- medium size carrots;
- potatoes – 3 PCs.;
- pike heads – 2-3 PCs.;
- dill – 1 bunch;
- pickle (cucumber or tomato) – 1 tbsp.;
- Bay leaf.
How to cook a fish soup of pike:
- Rinse fish under cold water, remove the gills with a knife, place the head in a deep pot or pan, pour the brine and cold water.
- Allow the liquid to boil, after remove the foam from the surface of the broth, reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Add the Bay leaf and peeled onion, cook the pike in the next hour. The container lid can not cover.
- Strain the broth, add diced potatoes, grated carrot, chopped onion, spices.
- Continue to cook the soup until the ingredients have become soft, then add finely chopped dill.
- Remove fish heads, discard the bones, meat and return to the pot.
- Ready fish soup and serve hot.
How to cook soup with millet in multivarka
Many Housewives prefer to cook fish soup in the slow cooker because it gets the taste of similar dishes baked in the Russian stove. Stew with millet, cooked in this way retains a maximum of useful properties of products. For its preparation you need the following ingredients:
- tails, heads, other parts of the pike – 1 kg;
- millet – 2 tbsp;
- potatoes – 2-3 PCs.;
- onions – 2 PCs.;
- Bay leaf, salt (to taste).
How to prepare ear in a slow cooker:
- Wash it clean, divide it into portion pieces of fish. Place the pike to the bottom of the bowl, add cold water to the upper limit.
- Activate the option «steaming» bring the liquid to a boil.
- Remove the foam, add Bay leaf, spices, salt, one whole onion. Turn mode «Quenching», setting the timer for 60 minutes.
- Remove the pieces of pike, free them from the bones.
- Put in soup carrots, thinly sliced, finely chopped onion and greens, medium-sized potato slices. Ear pike should be boiled for another hour when «Fighting».
- After about 15 minutes, when the potato is half done, add the millet.
- 5 minutes before the pasta return to the pot fish.
- After switching off the appliance let the soup to infuse for half an hour, after not serve the table.
Fillet of pike is considered dietary due to its low calorie content. 100 g fish account for only 90 calories. Ear with pike, cooked according to original recipe, it turns out very tasty and nourishing, but its calorie is only 53 calories per 100 ml of food. Due to its nizkokaloriynoe, fish soup you can eat large portions without fear of losing form.