Cornel jam with seeds recipe
Cornel jam is the best methods of preserving vitamins in winter. This is a great cough, increases vitality remedy. While its low calorie content of this dessert available to all, and in the manufacture it with the use of sugar substitutes – even diabetics. Learn more about the basic properties of the berries of dogwood and some great recipes for tasty jam from them.
Cornel jam with seeds: step-by-step recipes with pictures
Ways of cooking delicious, fragrant Cornel jam a lot. The basis of all recipes is one technique: cooking the berries with sweetener (sugar, honey, sweeteners, or fructose) multiple activities. Additives can be any of aromatic spirits, fruit and berries (apples, peaches, raspberries), nuts, honey. Unusual taste recipes: peach jam from different countries, which will help to make the original dessert treat for guests and friends.
A thick jam with gelatin in a slow cooker
Cornel jam can be prepared using gelatin. So it will retain the maximum amount of nutrients, have the original texture and a light pleasant taste. If someone in the family doesn’t like sweet and candied jam – this option fits best! Gelatin has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, the condition of the hair and nails, which is an advantage. The preparation of this dessert using a slow cooker will save your time and effort.
The ingredients needed for cooking: pomegranate-gelatin jam:
- 1 kg of dogwood;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 40 g of gelatin.
Step-by-step recipe: pomegranate-gelatin jam using slow cooker:
- First, carefully dogwood loop, rinse under running water.
- 2/3 of the total amount of berries, grind in a meat grinder, 1/3 leave entirely.
- Both types of berries, combine in a single container.
- Next, mix sugar and gelatin.
- The resulting mass pour the dogwood and leave for 8 hours.
- Put the mixture inside of the Cup multivarki, add water. The total content should not exceed of the total capacity.
- Remove the steam valve, close the instrument lid.
- Set the mode stewing, cooking time – hours (if need be, the term can be extended during cooking).
- In the cooking process several times, gently mix the contents of the bowl multivarki.
- Once the contents boils, and leave it in this condition for 5-7 minutes and turn off.
- Ready jam pour into sterilized banks. While the dessert is hot, it needs a warm blanket wrap for extra sterilization.
Assorted apples and dogwood in the bread maker
Delicious: peach jam can be welded with the use of apples. These two products are perfectly combined, creating a unique aroma, pleasant mild flavor. Enriched with not only taste, but also useful properties of the final product. The presence of bread machines greatly simplify the task of cooking this masterpiece. Put just the right mode and right time.
To cook the jam platter of apples and dogwood, you will need:
- The 1.46 kg of dogwood;
- 0.68 kg of apples;
- 1.38 kg of sugar;
- 345 ml of water.
Step-by-step cooking preservation using a bread machine:
- The dogwood and apples to sort, wash.
- Part of dogwood to clean from the bones (click on each berry the bottom of the glass), the rest of the berries to remain intact.
- Dissolve the sugar in water, heating the liquid on the stove.
- Apples peel, remove core, cut into thin slices.
- Dogwood to fall asleep inside a bread machine, add sugar, cook for 10 minutes in the «Jam/Jam».
- Further adding to the dogwood Apple slices, pour syrup 2/3 by weight of the fruit.
- To cook to readiness in the «Jam/Jam» (while the texture will not be dense, thick). It takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Ready to send the jam into the prepared jars for canning, pre-sterilized. Roll or cap with thread.
Simple Cornel jam five minutes
Very tasty and easy to make jam «orientation Meeting» will appeal to Housewives who have a lot to do during the day. This delicacy, though takes a time, but the entire manufacturing process is divided into techniques for five minutes with long breaks between them, when you can safely do. The jam is so delicious and can be immediately mothballed for the winter.
Ingredients for five minutes: peach jam:
- 1.1 kg of dogwood;
- Of 1.55 kg of sugar;
- 240 ml of water.
Step by step recipe with pictures of the five-minute cooking Cornel jam:
- Before cooking the conservation of the Kizil should sort and rinse under running water.
- The water is heated to 85 degrees and pour it over the prepared dogwood berries. Leave like this for five minutes.
- The resulting infusion to drain into the pan, the berries are left in place (they still need).
- Infusion heat, pour the sugar, leave to warm on the stove.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, then add the berries of dogwood. Bring to a boil.
- When the jam is boiling, turn off the stove, the mixture to cool for several hours.
- Again to heat up to 100 degrees and cool.
- Continue to boil for another five minutes – this will be the last reception of cooking.
- Banks to sterilize.
- Ready jam pour into a glass container and conserve it for the winter.
The best recipe for a Caucasian
The Cornel – berry, common in the Caucasus. The inhabitants of those places better know how to cook this jam have the most optimal techniques of cooking. In the Caucasus made cooking Cornel jam is a little different. It has added a soda which soaked the berries to achieve the effect of disinfection (so the jam will be stored for longer, even without conservation). Cooked billet, not three, in the two approaches, which significantly saves time.
The ingredients needed to prepare the Caucasian version of jam:
- 1.95 kg.;
- 2.38 kg of sugar;
- Of 2.38-2.5 liters of water;
- 12 g of soda.
Step by step instructions with photos of making jam from a Cornel on a Caucasian:
- To sort out the dogwood, leaving for cooking ripe, whole berries.
- Wash under running water.
- Pour into a deep pan two quarts of water, mix with soda.
- To pour out berries of the dogwood. Soak them in this solution for several hours.
- After – rinse with clean water.
- Prepare a wide pan, pour her a small amount of water (to cover the bottom couple of inches up).
- To fall asleep in it dogwood, cover the pot and steamed it on low heat for 10 minutes.
- To fill the sugar to the pan, continue to heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to boil, boil (not long, 5-7 minutes).
- Cool capacity (in 12 hours).
- Heat again, boil down to a thick state.
- Prepare and sterilize jars, pour the ready jam and roll up.
Dogwood underwire Armenian in the winter
Armenian recipe: peach dessert is simple and convenient. According to the traditions of the hosts of Armenia, this jam does not need to boil repeatedly, two to three approaches – stop and pre-soaking in syrup. This simplifies the process of cooking to a minimum and frees up a lot of time that could be spent on other things. This jam will be not less long than the classic, it has a wonderful taste and useful properties.
Ingredients for Armenian jam:
- 1 kg of dogwood;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 200 ml of water.
Method of preparation:
- To sort out the dogwood: select only ripe whole fruit.
- Prepare the syrup, which sugar to boil in water.
- The syrup is ready, pour the cream, leave to soak for 5-6 hours.
- Put on the stove and cook, gently stirring occasionally.
- Boil the berries until they are soft and mixture acquires the consistency of jam.
- At the end of cooking remove the foam.
- Pour into banks for conservation or use.
Cooking without sugar fructose
Not all people health have the opportunity to eat sugar, especially diabetics. But in this case the jam can be easily and quickly prepared with the use of fructose, which will give the necessary sweetness and not affect the health of the diabetic. This trick will help you to enjoy all the beneficial properties of the berries of the dogwood.
The components necessary for cooking Cornel jam on fructose:
- 0.3 kg of dogwood;
- 100 ml of water;
- 10 g of fructose.
Recipe: apricot jam with seeds and fructose instead of sugar:
- Carefully sort and wash the berries. Fill them with water.
- Pour and dissolve the fructose.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes on low heat, stir occasionally.
- Allow to cool.
- Repeat the cooking process again.
- Allow to cool and eat.
Homemade jam without water
Dogwood berries juicy by themselves, they are well emit juice during cooking, so many Housewives do not add water while preparing the jam. Thanks to this dessert filled with nutrients. But choose berries that are fully ripe (dark red, solid), immature can dry out or burn. If you select the right dogwood, jam you get the correct consistency.
Ingredients: peach jam without water:
- 1 kg of dogwood;
- 1 kg of sugar.
Algorithm of preparation:
- Carefully sort through the berries to select for cooking those that are already fully ripe and full of juice.
- Rinse them under running water.
- To fill the berries with sugar and leave to stand for a few hours – they need a bit to let the juice.
- One quarter of the berries separate from the total mass and release from the bones (by pressing the bottom of the glass for berries). Core to remove the pulp connect with the rest of the dogwood.
- Put the mixture on the stove. Boil on a slow fire, stirring constantly, until it boils. Boiling the berries simmer over the stove for another 3-5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool for a few hours.
- Repeat the cooking until the berries with sugar syrup thickens.
- Put in jars for seaming for the winter or to be consumed after cooling.
How to make jam with honey
Honey is a very healthy substitute for sugar. It is ideal as an ingredient for cooking Cornel jam, enhancing its useful properties. This dessert will be appreciated by those who can not eat sugar, for example, people tend to heal your body, reduce weight or prefer healthy food. Honey gives a refreshing dogwood a wonderful aroma, gives the jam original taste.
For cooking: walnut and honey dessert prepare:
- 1 kg of dogwood;
- 1 Cup of honey;
- flavored alcoholic beverage (1 shot optional).
Step-by-step recipe: apricot-honey jam:
- Carefully selected ripe, healthy, whole berries. To wash and dry.
- Mash part of the prepared dogwood, leave whole.
- To remove bone. Mix it with other berries.
- Boil the mixture on medium heat to bring to a state of boiling.
- When the berries boil, remove the heat to low and pour in a container of honey, constantly and carefully stirring the contents.
- When honey is well warmed up and mixed with berries is homogeneous, remove the pan from the heat, give the contents to cool.
- Through time need to re-boil jam for 5-7 minutes, then allow to cool.
- With the cooled mixture to repeat a session of cooking.
- If desired, berries with syrup you can pour any flavored alcoholic beverage (rum, balsam, cognac, or anything else).
- Then jam pour into prepared canning banks and roll.
Jam dogwood with wine
Cornel jam, boiled with wine and dessert worthy of true gourmets. If you have the desire to impress guests or to treat your relatives with something really delicious and unusual – this option would be appropriate. Pleasant aftertaste and a rich aroma is reinforced in this case, a great set of useful properties than dogwood has no equal among other berries. To prepare this jam, it is important to observe the sequence and to have all the components.
Ingredients: cornelian cherry jam with wine:
- 0.6 kg of dogwood;
- 0.6 kg sugar;
- 225 ml of wine (dry);
- Dogwood to sort, wash under running water.
- Put a dogwood berries in a pot, cover with boiling water.
- Blanch 1 minute.
- Pour the wine in a wide capacity, to heat.
- Add the sugar, stirring occasionally and cook until crystals dissolve completely.
- Dogwood berries pour in the wine.
- Cook everything together for seven minutes, in a cooking process to remove foam.
- Chill for several hours.
- Again heat to boiling, cool.
- Again cook for a few minutes – the jam should thicken.
- To prepare jars for canning, fill them with the mixture, roll up.
- Store this jam you need in a cold place.
Useful properties and calorie
Cornel jam is a real storehouse of nutrients, vitamins, minerals. This is one of the most low calorie food that tastes great. Preparations for the winter on the basis of the dogwood – a great way to maintain health in cold weather. To understand the effect of this wonderful berry on the human body, note its useful properties, caloric and contraindications for use.
The benefits and harms of jam from the dogwood
The Cornel – berry, with its well-established properties and has on the body specific, for the most part, a beneficial effect. This effect can be used to improve human health. So Cornel jam with seeds is sometimes used not just to obtain a gastronomic pleasure, but also for preventive and therapeutic purposes. But some people quality of these berries to enhance body tone, can hurt.
Jam dogwood has a number of useful properties:
- has antipyretic effect;
- enhances immunity;
- relieves symptoms of colds;
- increases vitality;
- optimizes the digestive tract;
- having anti-infectious effects;
- is used as an antidote in intoxication, poisoning with lead and mercury;
- improves functioning of the circulatory system, strengthens blood vessels.
Jam dogwood contraindicated in people:
- with high acidity;
- with a tendency to constipation;
- have excitable nervous system;
- suffer nervous stress, and also before going to sleep;
- with individual intolerance.
How many kcal
The cornelian cherry is a low calorie food. One hundred grams of this substance contains about 44 calories. The taste of the product are not inferior to other berries: blackberries, cranberries. Cornel jam is one of the most useful for those who prefer healthy eating. When making this dish use sweeteners (sugar, fructose or honey, sometimes wine or cognac), which affect the total caloric content of dessert:
- 100 g of jam with the water in the fructose will give 41,93 kcal;
- 100 g of jam with water and sugar (in equal shares) – 147,3 kcal;
- 100 g of jam with water honey (1 Cup per 1 kg of berries) is 27.5 kcal.
How to make jam from a Cornel
To Cornel jam is not burnt (this is important for options with water, and for ways of cooking without extra liquid) and cook it it is necessary with breaks for around 5 minutes followed by cooling. Approaches should be 2-3, so the berries were roasted and mixed together with sugar (honey or fructose) into a homogeneous mass. The whole cooking process will occur in several stages, which last for a long time (up to days), but the period of cooking up to an hour.
Is there a way to shorten the time of cooking Cornel jam. So the hostess can cook it in one go (about 20 minutes, until thick), but in this case, move away from the plate cannot be – the berries will require constant stirring to avoid burning. Honey burns quickly so in the case of its application to create a syrup from the pan better not to withdraw with any method of cooking.
Video: Cornel Jam with bone
Fast, understandable and interesting to cook: peach jam with the help of video. Detailed description of the preparation of this wonderful dessert allows you not only to understand, in what proportions and in what order to add the particular product, but also to see the final result. With culinary training videos below (TV program «All will be well» recipe grandmother) you will be able to easily monitor the correct execution of steps, which is important for delicious and healthy meals.