Compote of watermelon in the winter
Cold winter is very pleasant to open a jar of fragrant drink, reminiscent of warm summer days. Watermelon juice is not only pleasing to your taste, but also due to rich vitamin content that will benefit your body.
How to cook compote of watermelon
To prepare the drink use only the pulp of the berries, and the remaining peel can be left for jam. So, having only one ingredient, the inventive Housewives get two different winter preparations. Everyone who at least once had a chance to try bright drink, seek to procure his fall stock. Watermelon compote does not require a long boiling, and the most difficult step in the preparation is the extract from the seed of the fruit. To preservation you are pleased with, keep in mind some important rules:
- Capacity for download. It is better to choose a container so that upon opening the drink was drunk in your family during the day, not standing in the refrigerator. Carefully inspect the cans for cracks or chips, after you sterilize them along with the lids.
- Method of blanching. For the watermelon drink and it was perfect. The essence of blanching in fruit immersion in boiling water for a few minutes. With this technology you can save a maximum of vitamins and useful components of watermelon.
- Spices. If you want, can make the workpiece more interesting and spicy by adding in the recipe mint leaves, a little vanilla, cinnamon or clove buds.
How to choose a ripe and tasty watermelon
For canning it is important to choose a berry to the mixed drink had a rich smell and sweet taste. Useful tips to select the appropriate fruit:
- tap the surface of the watermelon if it is ripe, the sound is muffled;
- at compression it should make the crunch;
- the ripe fruit have a lot of weight, therefore to give preference to the best heavy berries;
- the crust is not supposed to be covered with bumps or irregularities, buy a perfectly smooth fruit;
- a mandatory feature of juicy watermelon – a bright spot on the side;
- better to buy from farmers, but not in shops, because more likely to obtain ecologically pure product;
- watermelon tendril should be dry and brown, otherwise you picked the fruit too early and it is not ripe.
Sugar syrup preparation
The secret of a good compote is the proper preparation of the syrup: only by achieving the ideal proportions of sugar, acid and water, the drink will not be cloyingly sweet, but pleasant and refreshing. So, for acid blanks using a more sturdy, rich syrups, and sweet – less. To preserve compote of watermelon in the winter, you need to add as much sugar and citric acid, as indicated in the specific recipe.
Recipes pieces of watermelon in the winter
Juicy watermelon is the perfect dessert for the summertime: berries are able to refresh and quench your thirst. Indifferent to this fruit neither among children nor among adults. To be able to enjoy the taste of this wonderful product, many Housewives prepare conservation. Harvesting watermelon in banks is no worse than the other. The main ingredient of the juice, if you wish, you can add other: melons, apples, mint, etc.
How to make compote of watermelon without sterilization
The proposed recipe provides for the most rapid preparation for winter harvesting. Will need the following ingredients:
- watermelon flesh – 1 kg;
- sugar – 200 g;
- cold purified water 1000 ml
Gradual cooking compote of watermelon for the winter:
- Enter a pot of water, put on fire. When the liquid boils, add the sugar, stir until dissolved. The syrup needs more time to reach a boil, after which it should be removed from the stove.
- The flesh of the watermelon must be cut into small cubes or slices. After carefully inspect the pieces that are left of the bones.
- Return the syrup to the heat, add the pulp and again precipitate for 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove from liquid watermelon slices, place them in steamed jars, pour the hot syrup, cap covers.
- Conservation invert and set on a flat surface upside down. When the jar has cooled, lower them into the cellar/basement.
Compote of watermelon and apples for the winter
It is known that watermelon Apple drink contains a lot of valuable substances, tones and refreshes. In addition, products that are part of the recipe, have a choleretic and diuretic effect, so this blank has a light therapeutic effect. Prerequisites:
- green fresh apples – 0.3 kg;
- brown sugar – 200 g;
- ripe watermelons – 1,5 kg;
- distilled water – 1500 ml
How to cook compote of watermelon for the winter:
- First of all should be clean washed fruit from rind, after the pulp is divided into equal pieces.
- Next you need to gently remove seeds from watermelon.
- Apples wash, cut into slices (quarters, removing the core.
- A pot and a half liters of clean water should be put on the stove, bring to a boil, add in a container of sugar.
- After complete dissolution of the sugar, in a pan put the apples and the fire should be screwed to a minimum.
- After 15 minutes, added the watermelon. Boil the ingredients you need no longer than 4-5 minutes, then remove the workpiece from the heat, allow to cool.
- With the help of a sieve to drain the liquid into a separate container to store in the fridge or immediately pour into banks and roll them.
How to cook a compote of watermelon and melon
The billet has a charming aroma and taste to pass by the open banks and enjoy a drink impossible. To prepare you need the following products:
- watermelon flesh – 0.2 kg;
- melon pulp – 0, 2 kg;
- water – 0,7 l;
- brown sugar – 1 tbsp.
How to cook the compote:
- The fruits are cleaned from the skin, remove the bones.
- In boiling water add a Cup of sugar, bring the liquid to a boil.
- The finished syrup should be cool, then add the slices of watermelon and melon.
- After 3 hours, during which the preform is infused, the beverage is ready for use or the sealing of the banks.
Recipe watermelon compote with mint
With mint compote of watermelon in the winter you can add a touch of freshness. In addition to this herbs, drink, optionally add other spices such as cloves, vanilla or cinnamon. Necessary ingredients:
- brown sugar – 3 tbsp;
- water – 2.2 l;
- the flesh of a ripe watermelon – 600-700 g;
- fresh mint – 2-3 sprigs.
- Sugar is added to water, the capacity put on fire and boil, carefully stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- The syrup is poured into appropriate containers, put the slices of watermelon and chopped mint.
- Mix the ingredients, leave the compote to infuse for half an hour after it can be clogging for the winter in sterilized jars.
Video: compote of watermelon in the winter
Olga, 28 years
For me, watermelon compote is not bright enough to your taste, so I usually add some berries recipe: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. Besides him, make jam from the peel of the fruit: husband eats it very quickly, so prepare a little more for the winter.
Svetlana, 45 years
One of the favorite choices of compotes in our family’s watermelon. Tried to cook with melon, apples and pears, lemon, various spices and are always very happy. I advise those who have not tried to make this drink for the winter.