Cherry compote for the winter without sterilization
Drinks are closed in the home from fresh fruit, obtained surprisingly tasty and healthy, maintain a lot of vitamins, but still reminiscent of summer in the cold season. Especially a good cherry compote, cook for who must learn every woman. Read how to make such a blank.
How to cook compote of cherries in winter
There are special recipes without sterilization. This means that the billet can be directly rolled up without leaving before it in boiling water. However, banks, before you make a compote of cherries in winter, sterilizing is required. If you are going to close a procurement, you must know the rules of the pre-treatment containers. In addition, every owner should learn how to pick the berries and other ingredients for your drink.
Preparing jars for canning
Glass containers should be prepared for the sealing. Choose only whole banks with no cracks, chips. In addition, you will need a cover. If you use metal, then carefully inspect them. The presence of traces of rust is unacceptable. Containers must be sterilized by one of the following methods:
- Wash jars, but do not use them to part the water remained. Put them in a cold oven and turn the temperature to 160 degrees. Banks keep there until it evaporates all the liquid droplets. Always make sure that they are not overheated, otherwise it may burst.
- In clean jars, pour about ½ Cup of water. Place them in the microwave. Turn on high power and sterilized for two to three minutes (depends on the volume of cans).
- Dial a large pot of water. Put it on the fire and wait until boiling. Put some play and place it on the jars upside down. Sterilize them over steam for 10-15 minutes.
- If you have multivarka, then type in her bowl of water. Place the top grate for cooking on pair. Open the cover. Turn on the mode «steaming». When the water boils, place the jar bottom up. Sterilize a quarter of an hour. The same procedure can be repeated in a double boiler if you have it.
- In a large pot put a wooden Board (e.g. cutting). Install on her banks. The space between them fill with fabric or nylon covers. Fill the gaps with hot water from the neck of the jars, put the saucepan on the stove. Sterilise a quarter of an hour from the moment of boiling.
How to choose the right berries
Before you cook the compote from cherries in winter without sterilization, you need to prepare all the products. The most important ingredient, which most influenced the taste of the drink – it’s the berries. Some tips to the preservation of cherries for the winter is guaranteed to be found:
- Take of ripe red berries with small seeds. They should be very fragrant and strong, without any damage. It is best for compote suitable varieties Sofia, Hungarian.
- If possible, take the cherries with tails. It is advisable to take them directly before you start cooking the compote. Then the drink will be stored much longer.
- Cherry blend beautifully with other berries and fruits: raspberries, strawberries, apricots. Can add to the compote a bit of lemon.
- Do not mix different varieties of cherries in one jar. This can significantly degrade the taste of the drink.
Cherry compote for the winter with seeds without sterilization
There are many different recipes for flavored drink. Can even cook a few options of compote of cherries in winter without sterilization, and then select the desired. Remember that if you do not remove the seeds from the berries, it reduces the shelf life of the drink. This compote will need to be consumed within years after cooking, otherwise it will be allocated harmful substances.
The optimum proportions of ingredients
Before you close the compote from cherries in winter without sterilization, you need to prepare such products for a pair of three-liter cans:
- sugar – 0,6 kg;
- cherries – 600 g;
- water and 5.4 L.
Preparation of the syrup for the compote
This method is the easiest download. Step by step instructions:
- Thoroughly wash the berries, let them drain in a colander. Tear off the stems.
- To give more cherry juice, pierce each with a toothpick.
- Prepare and sterilize container and lid. Behind him lay the cherries. Pour the berries with sugar.
- Put on the fire and wait until water boiling. Pour boiling water cans to the cherries with sugar was completely covered. Cover tightly with lids to feed syrup juice.
- After 10 minutes the remaining water in the saucepan, again boil. Pour it to the banks as complete as possible. Immediately tighten.
- Put in jars with their necks down, wrap up in a warm blanket. Return them to normal position when cooled. The winter cherry compote, store in the dark. Into the cellar to clean it up is optional. The shelf life of this drink is not more than one year.
How to roll cherry compote without sterilization for the winter
The following recipe uses more ingredients. With the addition of you’ll be able to make the compote more refreshing and unusual. To prepare you need the following products:
- cherries – 1 kg;
- sugar – 2 cups;
- water – 8 liters;
- citric acid – 2 tbsp;
- fresh mint – 8 branches.
The cooking process:
- Wash berries, drain them on paper napkins and gently pull away the stems. Sort cherries and discard spoiled rotten.
- Mix the water with citric acid and sugar, turn on medium heat and wait until the liquid boils. Constantly stir so all the grains are well dissolved.
- Spread the cherries in sterilized banks. Fill them with syrup to covered.
- A quarter of an hour, drain the syrup back into the pan. Add the mint and again to bring all the liquid to a boil. Cherry let them remain in the banks.
- When the syrup boils, remove it from the stove. Before you fill the cans with liquid, you need to get her ready mint. The workpiece should immediately roll.
- After twist flip your compote upside down, put under a warm blanket for a while. When it is completely cooled, store it in a dark place. It is desirable that it was very cool.