Caesar salad with shrimp
Incredibly tasty snacks are popular among gourmets. Famous favorite light, melting in your mouth dishes is a Caesar salad with shrimp. Delicious seafood, airy lettuce, spicy cheese, crispy croutons and an unusual dressing gives this snack a unique taste. Hailing from a distant, hot Mexican dish pleases fans of Haute cuisine, the supporters of the diet food lovers of delicious food. The secret world of recognition a Caesar salad with shrimp and some subtleties of the formulation?
History of Caesar salad: a classic composition and ingredients
A favorite of many, Caesar salad, like most popular dishes, is obliged by the occurrence to the desire of the chef to feed a delicious, hearty what «have left in the fridge». Back in 1924, at the height of prohibition, which was in force throughout America, in the small Mexican town of Tijuana moved American patriots who want to skip a drink in the glory of Independence Day.
Did not expect such an influx of guests, the restaurant owner Caesar Cardini, decided to feed the hungry visitors an unusual appetizer of salad leaves, plain croutons, grated cheese and sauce. Combining chicken egg yolks with olive oil, garlic and Worcester sauce, the chef has created a masterpiece: the Caesar dressing, which gives the unique flavor to a light and delicate salad. So was born the world-famous, popular dish.
The unique tangy taste of a Caesar salad with shrimp is bound lustersome sauce with its mysterious history and a multi-component composition. More than 26 ingredients, the most «prominent» of which there are: anchovies, aspik (great broth), olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, nuts, wine add elegance dishes. To shade the gas station, you have enough 3-5 drops of sauce.
How to cook the classic sauce-salad dressing Caesar? Traditional recipe indicates the use of nearly raw chicken eggs (boiled 1 minute), that confuses many Housewives; Worcestershire, has a light fish taste; the anchovies, strengthen the «sea» note. For preparation will need:
- Olive oil extra virgin – 100-120 ml
- Garlic – 3 cloves.
- Chicken eggs – 4 PCs.
- Lemon – 0,5 pieces.
- Mustard – 1 tsp.
- Sugar – 0.5 teaspoon.
- Anchovies – 2-3 PCs or Worcestershire sauce – 4-5 drops.
- Parmesan – 1/3 Cup.
- Boil chicken eggs. Ideally 1 minute in boiling water 10 minutes, they should stay at room temperature.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon. You should have 3-4 tablespoons.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Thoroughly RUB the yolks with mustard, lemon juice, sugar.
- Chop the garlic and anchovies.
- Connect with mustard, lemon and sugar egg, anchovies, garlic. If you prefer Worcestershire sauce instead of fish add required amount of spicy sauce.
- RUB on a small grater Parmesan. Add to the dressing.
- Then gradually pour the olive oil, mixing thoroughly in a blender until creamy.
Delicious, aromatic would be dressing to the Caesar salad with shrimp, if you pre-cook the olive oil, Basil infused extra garlic. For the garlic-olive fill cut into small cubes 3-4 cloves of garlic. Heat olive oil and add the garlic. Pour the mixture into a bottle, cool. Send to infuse for 15-20 days in a cool, dark place.
To save time, prepare the Caesar salad with shrimp, will help a simplified version of the sauce. Replace the eggs, mustard, salt, sugar mayonnaise, add a little ground black pepper, leaving the rest of the ingredients. This dressing will be more nutritious and filling that is sure to please representatives of a strong half of mankind.
If you want to make a Caesar salad on the original recipe, be prepared for the fact that the lack of meat, vegetables, can leave hungry loved one. But will certainly please you: low calorie meals, consisting mainly of lettuce, dressed with a classic sauce and slices of cheese, will not damage the figure. Want to find out how many calories in a salad? 100 g of ready meals contain less than 70 calories.
Traditional in the modern understanding of the recipes of the dishes will be more nutritious. Caesar salad with chicken and shrimp «pull» at 350-370 kcal, only with seafood – from 280 to 300 kcal. This hearty, delicious snack is perfectly balanced composition of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Per 100 g: 6,6 /4,3 / 3,1 because wanting to control their weight extra inches on the waist is not threatened.
How to make croutons for Caesar at home
Different variations of cooking Caesar salad involve adding/replacing various ingredients: lettuce «Romaine» some cooks suggest to replace the Chinese cabbage as «rich» part of using chicken or duck breast, ham, seafood. But one thing remains the same: crisp, Golden crackers combined with the refreshing taste of green. If you are limited on cooking time, the dish will use ready-made croutons that you can buy in the nearest supermarket.
With a little extra time, prepare the croutons for the Caesar salad at home. You will need:
- White bread – 4 slices.
- Olive oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt, spices – to taste.
- Cut the bread slices in small cubes. Sprinkle with water and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Place on a baking sheet bread cubes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, dispensing the entire volume of the portions.
- Sprinkle with spices. Provence, Italian herbs, oregano, Basil complement the taste.
- Put on 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven. The crackers should be a pale Golden color.
Simple step by step cooking recipes with photos
The basic ingredients of a Caesar salad with tiger prawns or normal:
- Tiger shrimp – 6 pieces per serving or plain shrimp – 500 g
- Lettuce «Romaine» salad, «iceberg» – 1 bunch.
- Parmesan cheese – 50-70 g
- Tomatoes cherry – 500 g
- Breadcrumbs (croutons) – 200 g
- Dressing sauce to taste.
Diet Caesar Salad
How to make Caesar salad delicious, low calorie and healthy? Refrain from purchasing ready-made semi-finished products: Caesar sauce, mayonnaise, croutons. For piquant taste, you can replace the fresh tomatoes sun-dried with the addition of Basil, garlic and olive oil. Details cook this dish with detailed pictures in our step-by-step recipe:
- Boil shrimp until cooked. To 1 liter of water add 1 tsp salt, optional – Bay leaf and fragrant pepper.
- While the water is boiling, in a separate container make a sweet and sour marinade for seafood. Mix:
- 2 tbsp olive garlic seasoning;
- 2 tbsp lemon juice;
- 0.5 tsp. of honey (without top).
- Put the marinade in a small sprig of rosemary at a time until cooked and cleaned shrimp. Then take her away.
- Clean the shrimp from the shell, leaving the cervix. Put in the cooked marinade for 5-10 minutes.
- The plate and spread with garlic.
- With a sharp knife chop the lettuce or tear with hands into small pieces. They were crispy, soak before cooking the last 5-7 minutes in very cold water and then thoroughly Pat dry with paper towel.
- On lettuce the next layer put the marinated shrimp.
- Washed and cut in halves cherry beautifully put on top.
- Sprinkle with the prepared croutons.
- Dress your salad with a classic Caesar dressing without mayonnaise and other additives.
- Garnish each serving with grated of thin plates of Parmesan cheese. Delicious diet dish is ready!
Caesar salad with chicken and shrimp with mayonnaise
Strong half of humanity will have to taste more hearty, but equally delicious Caesar salad with shrimp and chicken. To the above ingredients, add chicken. You will need 2 halves of the breast. That the meat was juicy and tender, cut it in small strips across the grain. Heat a grill pan. Put the fillets into the pan, fried not more than 3-4 minutes on each side.
- On a plate, pre grated garlic, put layers:
- salad (salad mix leaves or Chinese cabbage);
- the cooled chicken pieces;
- Pour the prepared mayonnaise sauce-seasoning for Caesar salad.
Video: cooking at home is, well, very tasty Caesar salad with shrimp
Want to learn how to prepare Caesar salad at home? Order the seafood was juicy, delicious, prepare the lemon-olive marinade and leave the peeled raw shrimp in it for a while. Then fried on high heat, they will retain the juice and the spicy flavor of the marinade. To get acquainted with the intricacies of recipes and little secrets of cooking Caesar salad you can view our video: