Turkey stew with vegetables
In a rational human nutrition source of complete protein is a dietary Turkey meat. It is very nutritious and the highest rate is young. Turkey contains an average of 21% protein, which is 1.5 times more compared with beef and 3 times greater when compared with pork. Mouthwatering, juicy and healthy Turkey stew with vegetables is cooked in many different ways, but the dish will still be low calorie. Let’s see how to cook this popular in the world of poultry, the dish was loved by all members of your family.
Recipes cooking Turkey stew with vegetables
Be sure to include the diet meals of Turkey with vegetables, as this recipe perfectly balanced ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Besides, the meat of this bird is considered hypoallergenic and lightweight, therefore ideal for dietetic and children’s nutrition. Compared to other animal products, Turkey contains the least cholesterol, and just one serving gives the body the 60% of the daily dose of minerals and vitamins.
Turkey with vegetables – not an easy dish to prepare, but there are a few tricks that will allow you to turn it in crown the dish of the house:
- Pick only the young fresh meat of the highest quality.
- Make sure that the carcass was smooth, bright, dense.
- The best jerky, whose age has reached 16 weeks and a weight of 5-7 kg
- Large carcasses is an old bird whose meat will remain dry with any method of cooking.
The Turkey cooked in the oven or in a pan, boil or fry, stew chunks, or whole, stuffed, or leave without stuffing. Before preparing the carcass is better to marinate to the meat after cooking it was more juicy. As a marinade using wine, honey, herbs, garlic with lemon or water with spices. You should know that the carcass is marinated for 3 days. Instead, you can RUB the bird inside and out with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, salt, rosemary and leave for impregnation for several hours.
In a slow cooker
In the modern slow cooker implements all the methods of cooking turkeys, which are used in a balanced diet. Traditional recipes do not require additional knowledge for cooking meat in this compact device with unlimited possibilities. Instead of long hours at the stove, the housewife need only to press a button and the process of preparation of dietary meat with vegetables will be started independently. Recipes cooking Turkey with vegetables in a slow cooker very much, and we offer the most simple.
- 1.3 kg of Turkey meat;
- one carrot;
- one onion;
- one zucchini;
- one bell pepper;
- two medium tomatoes;
- herbs, pepper, salt.
- The carcass divide into medium-sized pieces.
- Carrots and onions clean, shred.
- Zucchini, tomato and pepper peel, cut into large cubes.
- Set program «Roasting» and fry the bird until Golden brown.
- Add the onion, carrots, seasoning, salt, fry until cooked onions.
- Set the program «Quenching», add all remaining vegetables, cover, and cook the dish within an hour.
- When serving, sprinkle the Turkey with the vegetables finely chopped greens.
How to braise a Turkey in sour cream
The Turkey meat will be more juicy if to extinguish it in sour cream. For these purposes it is better to buy natural sour cream is the highest fat content, and not the dubious product of sour cream with the addition of various chemical elements. Garnish to this dish is ideal boiled rice, new potatoes, steamed vegetables, or buckwheat. Of alcoholic beverages you can use any table wine, grape brandy, Bourbon, tequila.
If the dish is cooked for a diabetic, you should choose lean Turkey: fillets, thigh fillets without bones, skin, cartilage and less fat sour cream. You should know that if a sour cream subjected to heat treatment above 80 degrees, it will curdle (otmorozitsya), and will lose a significant portion of nutrients. Therefore, the dish should be added at the cooling stage, when off the fire.
- 600 g of Turkey breast;
- one onion;
- 150 g home sour cream;
- two cloves of garlic;
- for frying any vegetable oil;
- black pepper, salt, spices at your discretion.
- Slice poultry meat across the grain short bars.
- Onion peel, cut into cubes and sauté in frying pan.
- Add the meat and cook on medium heat under the lid until it changes colour, stirring constantly to avoid burnt.
- Add a little water or broth and spices, reduce heat, simmer until fully cooked poultry.
- Turn off the heat, wait 15 minutes, then add the sour cream with crushed garlic and spices, stir well, sprinkle with herbs. The dish is ready!
Turkey fillet with mushrooms in the oven
Braised Turkey breast – low calorie dish, however, it was useful and dietary recommended to remove the skin. The lowest calorie has the white meat of birds are wings, Breasts. More calories the drumstick and thigh of the Turkey, and they belong to red meat. Turkey breast fillet, stewed with vegetables and mushrooms, nutritionists advise to use teenagers, elderly people, pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- 500 g Turkey Breasts;
- 200 g mushrooms;
- 2 tomatoes or 2 tbsp tomato paste;
- 1 onion;
- 200 g of hard cheese;
- oil for frying;
- chili pepper, salt, herbs – to your liking.
- Chop the breast fillet into bars with a thickness of 6 mm
- Add salt, sprinkle with pepper, place on a nonstick baking sheet, greased.
- On top of fillets, gently place sliced vegetables: first tomatoes (tomatoes), then the mushrooms, onions and grated cheese on top.
- Put the dish bake in a preheated oven to 200 degrees.
- After 15-20 minutes the Turkey will be baked, melted cheese, and cover the wonderful Golden crust.
- Serve the filets with mushrooms for lunch or dinner with finely chopped greens.
Turkey meat, stewed in a pot with vegetables
Meals are prepared by the method of quenching in pots, do not require a large investment of time and constant presence in the kitchen, so is very popular among busy people. Besides, food cooked in clay vessels, retain all the useful properties and contain virtually no fat. In this method, thermal processing of Turkey meat, stewed with vegetables, it turns out very juicy, tender, flavorful. Plus a portion of pots in the fact that cooking takes into account taste preferences of each participant for a future meal.
- 1 kg fillet of Turkey thighs;
- 300 g of cabbage;
- two eggplants;
- two onions;
- two zucchini;
- two sweet pepper;
- two carrots;
- one beet;
- one tooth. garlic;
- 3 tomatoes;
- spices (Provence herbs.
- Wash, cut vegetables into large slices.
- Cut the fillet too large.
- At the bottom of each pot, place the vegetables in this order: beets, cabbage, carrots, eggplant, sweet pepper.
- Sprinkle with the spices.
- Next, place the Turkey thigh fillet, onions, garlic, sprinkle with herbs de Provence.
- Zucchini and tomatoes put on last.
- Close the containers with lids, put in the preheated oven for 2.5 hours.
With vegetables and mushrooms
Mushrooms the most common mushrooms, and it’s understandable, because they are delicious, nutritious and flavorful. The number of dishes that can be prepared with these mushrooms, are huge, but they are the best combined with vegetables and meat. Mushrooms are not only pleasing the people with exceptional taste – they give the body many nutrients. The amount of easily digestible proteins, mushrooms are superior to even Turkey meat and quail eggs, therefore indicated for diabetics, athletes, people on diet. Offer fast, low-calorie recipe for Turkey stew with mushrooms and vegetables:
- 600 g chicken breast;
- 200 g fresh mushrooms;
- 200 ml of water or broth
- two tomatoes;
- one onion;
- ground pepper, sea salt.
- Cut small cubes of the meat, add salt, fry in pan until Golden brown.
- Mushrooms cut into thin slices and also sauté until soft.
- Put fried ingredients in a saucepan, add the chopped vegetables, pour broth.
- Add salt, pepper to taste, then simmer until tender about 35-40 minutes under cover on small fire.
- Serve with any side dish.
Video recipe: Turkey stew with vegetables
Recipes braised Turkey with vegetables, a huge amount, and what would you choose – the dish is healthy and tasty. For cooking come from fresh vegetables frozen products is also relevant. Turkey goes well with such unexpected ingredients like Apple, green peas, celery, parsnip, mustard and even honey, so feel free to add them to any of the above recipes. See the video another option cooking juicy Turkey with vegetables: