How to disable laptop touchpad
All current models of portable computers equipped with a special touch panel touchpad, which performs the role of a mouse, if one is not available. Some PC models have a very sensitive sensor that prevents printing, or to play, therefore there is a need to disable the touchpad on the laptop.
How to disable the touchpad using the touchpad
The easiest option is offered by some models of laptops which is equipped with a special button to disable touchpad. This feature is not on all computers, but sometimes occurs. Placed the button right next to the panel or to her, some manufacturers endure it on the top of the keyboard. As a rule, it has a backlight and a picture of crossed-out touchpad. To know 100% about her availability using the guide, which is included in the sales package.
Some manufacturers have provided another option, how to disable laptop touchpad temporarily. On the touch panel is set to the special area, when you double-clicked the Touchpad off. Usually, it is installed on the PC of the brand HP and looks like a little lamp in the corner. You need only double-tap (fast) diode, and the touch panel will turn off.
How to disable touch Windows toolbar
Laptop – a portable device, so the user may sometimes connect to a mouse, and sometimes use the touchpad. Windows operating system provides the ability to configure the laptop so that it self is blocked or activated the device. The essence of the function that when you connect the USB mouse the touchpad was not working but upon receiving, the system automatically turned it on. To configure the switch to do the following:
- Go to «start» and go to «control Panel».
- In the window find the menu called «Mouse», click on it.
- You need the tab «ELAN», check the checkbox next to «Disconnect when you attach an external USB mouse».
- Click «OK».
How to disable touchpad mouse function keys
Another option, how to disable the touchpad on the laptop – a keyboard shortcut. On the keyboard all laptop computers have special function button, which is denoted by the letters «Fn». When combined with certain keys it helps to change the settings. Every manufacturer (Lenovo, Asus, Acer, etc.) sets their own combination of buttons to enable or disable some functions. Here are the most common variants of combinations to disable the panel on different models for which you need to press the Fn:
- F7 or F9 – ASUS;
- F8 or F5 – County;
- F5 – Dell;
- F7 – Acer;
- F5 or F6 – Samsung;
- F1 – Sony;
- F5 – Toshiba.
Manufacturers can change the hot buttons, but always provide the option to disable the TouchPad on a laptop. The easiest way to see all the keys with the letter F in the top row and find the one which depicts a crossed-out rectangle or touchpad with a finger. First pressing combination of buttons happens off the touchpad when you re – enable.
To permanently disable the touchpad on the laptop through the BIOS
If you just decided that you don’t need the Touchpad, then there is an option to disable the touchpad on a laptop without the possibility of inclusion through a combination of functional buttons. Best suited in cases when the user does not understand the principle of enable and disable the touch pad gets confused a lot (often in offices). For this you need to make changes in the properties of the device in the BIOS:
- Reboot your laptop, when you turn on the home screen, press the Del key (on some computer models F2, or F8).
- On a blue screen click on the Advanced tab.
- Find the item Internal Pointing Device, switch to the Disabled value.
- Press F10 and then press enter.
How else disable touchpad on laptop
For those who do not want to change the system settings, there is another option how to disable laptop touchpad. This method helps those who constantly touches the sensor during typing, causing the cursor jumps to another place and a man is not where. You can call it a «life hack»: just put a plastic card (any) floor on the Touchpad, it will cease to respond to movement of the hands and move the cursor. The main disadvantage of the method is the unreliability of design, the card can fall when moving or shift.
There is a special program to disable the touchpad, which will be an alternative option if you cannot disable the touchpad. Utility called Touchpad Blocker, is distributed free of charge. Optionally, you can specify in the settings to block Touchpad not fully, but only in case of accidental touch. If you don’t know how to disable the laptop touchpad, do the following:
- download, install program;
- run the utility, select the check box to Enable/Disable touchpad;
- in the box next to specify a key combination that will disable/enable the touch pad.
Another convoluted, but a sure way to disable the toolbar – changes through the registry. This is necessary if you have installed old drivers and in the menu «Mouse» no tick to automatically disable the Touchpad when connecting the mouse. To do this, go into the editor as follows:
- Press win+R and type in the string command «regedit».
- Definitely before the next action make a backup (save).
- Via search or manually go to «HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh».
- In the top menu, select edit, then go to «Create» and create a DWORD (32-bit).
- Enter the name «DisableIntPDFeature» if not that one.
- Right-click the file, go to the tab «Edit» and put in a decimal value of 51, or 33 in hexadecimal.
- Exactly the same file with the same values, create in the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh.
- Restart computer: check to switch to automatic mode should appear.