The perception of human information
Modern life is inconceivable without information. The media is literally full of all kinds of events that might interest a person. To date, there is no lack of information in any field; on the contrary, there is a surplus. People often get confused about the same concepts as the information about the same subject can be controversial. Therefore, in order to understand complex issues, sometimes you have to learn a bunch of different positions.
Perception is the process of reflection in consciousness of the individual, events and objects in the amount of their properties, States, components. This process is closely connected with the senses, as we get any information through participation in visual, auditory and other sensations.
The process of perception is a highly organized internal work, which involves all mental processes: attention, imagination, memory, thinking. In order to originating in the brain information is better absorbed, it is necessary to understand or comprehend. Perception just performs the function of a kind of conduit between the new information and its realization.
The perception of information takes place on several levels. They all, one way or another, affect the senses and are associated with cognitive processes.
Channels of perception of information
Under channels of perception understand a primary orientation in the direction of one sense organ, which ensures better absorption of incoming information. It is necessary to consider the factor that each person is dominated by its own individual orientation. Someone to digest once is enough to read the material, you need to listen to another lecturer on the same subject, etc.
- The visual channel. Aimed at the assimilation of information through greater focus on visual images. The person dominated by this channel of perception, there is a high ability to assimilate information through reading. In this case, the face is enough to read the material, and information is firmly «fixed» in the brain. There is no need to retell read or to share with others. If the information itself is controversial, raises additional questions, provokes controversy, then the individual may need to get acquainted with different opinions in order to form their point of view.
- The auditory channel. Aimed at assimilation of information by focusing primarily on auditory images. If this predominant channel of perception, in humans there is a high ability to memorize through listening. Students who have dominated the auditory channel, master the information offered during the lecture and can home nothing to teach – and all so easily settled in the mind, so there are no extra questions! If there are difficult moments, the material is complex and hard to understand, such a person normally seeks to specify important details and deal on the spot, asking relevant questions to the lecturer.
- The kinesthetic channel. Aimed at assimilation of information by focusing primarily on the physical sensations. Kinesthetic perception is closely related to the senses, therefore such a person during a conversation necessarily need to touch the source. The smell, the taste is also have for this person is paramount – it is most attentive to details and his own feelings. If you ask anyone what was happening to him, he will be able to describe their emotions, recognize their current manifestation.
- Dieticheskie channel. Aimed at assimilation of information by focusing on abstract images. Such a person tends to seek meaning, expand their knowledge «on the shelves». Digital extremely important to know for what purpose he performs a particular action and what would happen. He has the ability to predict the situation, and therefore is prone to planning and deep analysis of events. Most often, digital personalities in life engaged in scientific activity.
These channels of perception are the leading, but besides them there are others: gustatory, olfactory, semantic, etc. according to the characteristics of each of the channels in the psychology distinguish the following types of senses: visual, auditory, tactile, intellect. Each of these types corresponds completely to the above mentioned channels of perception of information.
Properties of perception
- Objectivity. Characterized by focus on the outside world. Man always focuses on things that are reflected in the surrounding space. It may not necessarily be the objects and phenomena but also abstract concepts. In any case, there is a deep mental concentration on a particular subject: the mundane, the artistic or scientific.
- Integrity. Unlike sensations, which reflects the individual properties of objects and phenomena of the surrounding world, perception is its overall image. It consists of a set of different experiences and forms a holistic view of a particular item.
- Structural. It should be noted that human perception is arranged in such a way that has the ability to arrange the material in a certain order, that is, from the General flow of information to highlight only that which will be useful in this case.
- The constness. Under this property refers to the relative constancy of the perceived information in different conditions. For example, the shape of objects, their size, color are presented to the same person under different living conditions.
- Meaningful. People not only perceive objects and phenomena, he does so consciously, deliberately, anticipating a certain result and striving toward him. For example, students listen to a lecture in order to successfully pass a test or exam, taking classes on art and culture for self-education. At every step the person seeks to act in a meaningful way, because otherwise it cannot happen no operation.
Difficult forms of perception of the information
Under the forms of perception of the information understand some of the categories which is based on reflections and direction in the search for truth.
- The perception of space. Each of us very individually suited to the perception of space. If we are to move to another location, we will not be able to navigate until you work out the tactics of behavior and learn how to behave better. One person is able to navigate in a changing environment differently than the other and everyone has own perception.
- The perception of time. Each of us has its own biological clock that remind you to perform certain actions. There is a common theory about the «owls» and «larks». One hard to Wake up in the morning, they can sleep during the day, others need to get up early and also early. If we turn to the man on the street with the question «what time is it?» the majority now begin to look for the watch to reply to you. Meanwhile, inside just about knows how much time at the moment. Therefore, it becomes possible in the planning process of any business, the forecasting of different situations before they happen in reality.
- The perception of motion. The impression of movement is created purely individual. Someone enough to tilt your head forward, taking the corresponding position of the body to create the illusion that there is movement in space. The perception of motion is fixed by the brain and recognized personality at the expense of the vestibular apparatus and his own thoughts, subjective feelings.
- The perception of intentional and unintentional. These forms differ from each other by the participation of consciousness in the perception of any objects. Otherwise, they can still be called spontaneous and random. In the first case, perception is carried out by external circumstances, which have attracted the attention of man, and in the second it is led by consciousness. Intentional perception is characterized by clear purpose, the tasks set, clear structure and sequence of all necessary steps.
Features of perception of information
Each person comes to the perception of the same events and phenomena is very individual. Because one will see what happens for yourself the blessing, and the other recognizes in the circumstances to pay the penalty. In addition, people differ also on the leading channel of perception of information. If someone needs to read the material under study, the other is very important to listen to it by ear.
For visual it is essential that all the information in his field of vision. Well, if you have the opportunity to review the material by reading it. Only when the visuals will see what it looks like what he needs to remember he is able to truly perceive.
For auditory it is better one time to hear the material several times than to read it. This is the type of perception, when it said the word alive are of paramount importance. People with leading auditory channel of perception, it is always easier to absorb information in lectures and seminars.
A distinctive feature of cinestetico there is a natural need for touch. Otherwise, can’t go a process of holistic perception. Only with emotion, supported by interaction with people or objects, they learn the surrounding reality. As a rule, such people are very emotional and prone to a variety of activities. A lot of them artists, musicians, sculptors, that is, it refers to those who are able to live life in a collision with objects and even to create our own reality.
Digital personalities are prone to deep analysis of events. It is in fact the real thinkers and philosophers. For them, the new information must be subject to abstract and analytical thinking, the result of serious inner work associated with the logical construction of complex structures. To know the truth – their main goal.
Thus, the ways of perception are very different. Together they create a harmonious and coherent picture of the world, which welcome the fullness of diversity. It is necessary to develop all channels of perception, but it is based on leading fashion. Then, any human activity will be successful will lead him to new discoveries and achievements.