The orientation of the personality
Under the orientation of the personality in psychology usually refers to its focus on certain areas of life. All areas in which a person acts, are of considerable value. If you remove at least one of them, a person will not be able to fully develop and move forward.
Determination of the orientation of the individual assumes based on a clear adherence to identity their needs. What is the focus? It consciously is a way to solve a task.
The types of orientation of the individual
Psychologists talk about the multiple directionsthat define the way a person behaves in different situations. Each type affects any one area so can’t call it good or bad.
Characterized by the desire for self-fulfillment, realization of personal goals and aspirations. Such people are often called selfish because they are seemingly little care about others and think more about yourself, build in the mind of a constructive and meaningful plans are moving to implement them. Traits inherent in such people, confidence, determination, ability to focus on the important issue of self-discipline, responsibility for actions to be performed. The people are represented by orientation will never blame others for their own failures. They do not expect help from others, and prefer to take everything into their own hands. Sometimes they produced the so-called desire to be alone and having difficulty to entrust their Affairs to anyone. This difficulty is dictated by the lifestyle of the individual, her strong-willed character (read the article «Strength of character»). So it’s essentially an incredibly strong personality who is able to go forward relying only on their own support, relying on their own strength.
Focus on other people
Is characterized by increased need for communication, approval from other people. Such a person focuses too much on the opinions of others, so not able to build their own plans and to realize individual aspirations and dreams. Before you make any action, the person is mentally or out loud to coordinate their actions with the opinion of society. He was afraid to go beyond what society deemed acceptable or normal, because his own opinion he often expresses.
Focus on other people as well accompanied by a great desire to participate in public life, to perform obtaining, at the request of relatives, friends and colleagues. These people love the bands – they are reliable, easy to get along with almost anyone, ready at the right time to help. Healthy psychological climate in the team and home for them is a fundamental component.
Characterized by high demands on self, ability to organize things in such a way that position turned out to be like the individual himself and the society in which he lives. Such a person distinguishes a business approach to everything that surrounds it. He is not necessarily seeking to do business or develop their own business. The ability to find benefit in a variety of situations (and not only for themselves but also for the people) puts the person in an advantageous position in front of colleagues and friends. As a rule, sociable person, who loves the company of other people, however, at the same time, very freedom-loving and always plays by the rules.
The emotional orientation of the personality
Characterized by a tendency to worry about everything. Such people, often, sympathetic and not indifferent to the sorrows of others. The capacity for empathy he has developed in large extent, so it often asked for advice by those who currently might need. People of this type are characterized by high sensitivity, emotional instability, they have often mood changes. Any minor event can bring them from a state of mental equilibrium and to produce a lot of disturbing experiences.
In addition to the above, they are well-versed in the art, particularly in music and literature, as they have a unique ability to feel emotions and sentiments of fictional characters.
The social orientation of personality
Is characterized by increased attentiveness to the outside world, people. Such persons always notice what’s going on around them, delve into the essence of social and political change. As a rule, people of this type can’t live outside society. They can be as leaders and subordinates; their main activity is developing within society.
The structure of the orientation of the individual
Why would not want in life, somehow, goes through several stages to implement the desired. Any activity is due to strong motivation, and she, in turn, are formed through such structural components, which determine the orientation of the personality.
- Train helps to estimate the initial time of building activities, determine the motives and preferences of the individual. At this stage there is no movement to the goal, because the need still so clearly understood.
- Desire is the recognition of necessity. It occurs when the individual is already clearly imagine what he wants to do, what goal to achieve. Not built way to achieve the desired, but the need can be called Mature.
- The desire is formed through activation of a volitional element. At this stage, the person is not just aware of their need, but begins to make the first effort to ensure that the desire could be realized.
- Interests determine the needs of a person, help him to build focus so that she would bring the expected fruit. Interests help to determine and understand what in fact wants the man to adjust his activities (to read about the interests of the person).
- Inclination describe the orientation of an individual towards a particular occupation.
- Ideals are important characteristic of human vision. In fact, it is the ideals able to forward to them the value we orientirueshsya when taking important decisions (read about ideals of the person).
- Outlook helps the person to build a belief system on yourself, society and the world around (read about the human world).
- Beliefs constitute a system of motives that govern all actions of the individual. They are designed to help people in different situations to act in a certain way (to read about the beliefs of the person).
All forms of orientation of the individual is closely linked. After one step, it would be impossible to reach the next. The perception and orientation of an individual depend on the individual efforts of the person and features of his mental state. How much a person is motivated depends on his performance and a belief in their own capabilities.
Orientation and motives of human activities
The degree of success of the tasks depends largely on how the individual is well motivated in getting a favorable result. There are several factors that have a huge impact on any activity performed by man.
Internal and external motivation
Is the motivation external, focused on external events and other people. For example, if you want to prepare a report on the history only because to get the approval of the head and close the session, then it is external motivation. In that case, when you want to do research because it is research or creative interest to the researcher, we talk about intrinsic motivation.
I must say that intrinsic motivation is much stronger than the external, because it encourages the person to self-development, some new achievements, discoveries.
Awareness – unawareness of the motives
When there is a clear understanding of why one runs or other activities, the effectiveness of its implementation increases several times. Monotonous work, devoid of special meaning and significance only evokes melancholy and sadness. Sometimes that identity for a long time may not realize the true motives of their actions and it leads him astray.
Interests and relevant needs
Acting out of self-interest, personality always enhances its efficiency. In other words, when what we are doing, stirs the imagination, evokes pleasant feelings and work much better. Meeting the needs for recognition, approval from the collective, the fulfillment of identity is growing, learning and expanding their own capabilities. There are new prospects for the further promotion and development. When performed activity not connected with major needs that are not satisfied with the personal and spiritual components, one gradually begins to doubt himself, his power will eventually diminish.
The ability to set a goal
Why would we not seek, it is important at the outset to determine the correct orientation, the ultimate goal is to understand what you want to achieve as a result. You must also set the appropriate rhythm of movement and maintain it throughout the period – then any work will be effective. The ability to see the end result of the activities in advance will help to predict possible difficulties in order to cope with them. It would be nice to keep in mind the so-called ideal of, that is, to track how the current reality matches the given pattern.
No business may occur if the person is not confident in their own abilities. Even if the person has a rare and exceptional talent, he won’t be able to succeed, is to engage in self-flagellation, doubt that he will succeed. Self-confidence is a necessary tool for building a strong and trusting relationship with the surrounding world. Cultivate a safe, but only when people are willing to devote to dealing with emotions, issues of education, to acquire new knowledge, it is impossible to avoid.
Professional orientation of the personality
Each of the professions, famous people, assumes that the person applying for a particular position must possess the appropriate qualities of character. After deciding, acting in the workplace, we often require a high concentration of attention (to read about people’s attention), much stress, and If these qualities will remain underdeveloped, the person will not cope with the responsibilities. Professional orientation is a system of motives that move man.
The following is the classification of personality types with characteristics shown of the area in which she can succeed.
- Realistic type. These are people with strong nerves. They strive throughout for precision and prefer to work with real objects. Most often, they are engaged in physical labor. Suitable professions: technicians, mechanics, builders, sailors.
- Conventional type. This group may include people who are focused on precision and accuracy. They are great performers, I love doing all the time. Participate in activities that require a lot of focus and alertness. Profession: librarian, economist, accountant, merchandiser.
- The intellectual type. They are real thinkers. People of this type have long to sit in one place, deep in thought. They build far-reaching plans for the future, carefully planning its activities. Most of them enjoy doing research that allows you to get closer to the truth, some law. Profession: teacher, scholar, writer.
- The adventurous type. Here you can find great managers who love to manage and all striving to take a leadership position. Striving for superiority determines their personal success. Profession: Manager of enterprises, businessman and administrator.
- The social type. These people have an open heart and willingness to care for others. Professional activity they are constructed in such a way as to help the greatest number of people. They have a strong sense of responsibility, humanity, empathy. Professions: doctor, veterinarian, social worker, teacher, educator.
- The artistic type. There are, perhaps, the most unpredictable people who find it difficult to withstand a determined schedule. In the activities they focus more on their own feelings, do not like frames, appreciate freedom and independence. Profession: actor, artist, poet, designer.
Thus, the orientation of the individual fully determines its success. Diagnostic orientation of the individual largely depends on how the person himself satisfied with what he does.