Scratching his hands
The presence of a cat makes the house more comfortable and with that brings trouble to the owners. Often a beloved pet, driven by instincts, becomes restless pests scratching furniture and interior finish of the rooms. In this case, a reasonable solution is a scratching post, make which yourself.
How to make a scratching post for cats with their hands
Homemade scratching post is good that fits well in your home interior. The form of the design, size and color can be choose according to your wishes. In addition, their hands scratching post is made taking into account preferences of your pet. Do the cat to sharpen its claws vertically? Or she prefer horizontal surfaces? Observing animal behavior you will understand what the fixture will definitely have to taste it.
Material for the scratching posts with their hands serve as boards, pieces of carpet, pieces of pipe, twine, furniture upholstery. Fixtures vary in size, complexity of design, form, materials. A scratching post can make a simple coating of the Mat, the pole is wound a rope or cat’s house, guided step-by-step instructions and master classes. It all depends on the availability of space, number of students and their preferences.
Board and a rope for the scratching posts
Simple and reliable scratching post can make your hands out of boards and rope. The fixture can be positioned horizontally on the floor or mounted vertically on the base column. In order for your hands to do the convenient thing about which animal will be able to sharpen the claws, you will need:
- a coil of rope (it is better to take hemp);
- a wooden block (or small Board);
- a piece of plywood (for making bases);
- the glue has a sharp smell;
- self-tapping screws.
- Take the material selected for the base, wrap the blank tightly with a rope. In this position the coils close to each other.
- Every 10 cm fasten the rope with glue to give the product more strength.
- Secure the workpiece with screws on a heavy base to the scratching post does not fall when the cat will play with her.
Cat scratching post with their hands easily made from carpet. A useful product can be made in the form of round, square, rectangle, corner design or something original, for example, the shape of the mouse. In order to make the fixture, the necessary materials:
- a piece of carpeting;
- thin foam;
- adhesive without a sharp odor;
- cloves or staples to attach the upholstery.
- Take a plate, give it the desired shape.
- Glue the workpiece with a thin layer of foam.
- Wrap Board on top of carpet.
- Secure the upholstery material from the back side with small nails or staples with a stapler.
- Put a scratching post on the floor or put the fixture in the wall.
House for cats with kittens
Home-cat scratching post can be made in different configurations. It is important that the design was reliable, able to withstand the weight of a pet and its antics, and had elements that the animal would be comfortable scratching. To create a house-scratching post, except Handtools, you will need materials:
- a wooden block with a rounded shape, 2 m in length;
- plastic or molded – 1 m2;
- plywood with a thickness of 0,6-1 cm – 1 m2;
- 60-70 m of twine;
- material for upholstery;
- thread a nylon;
- glue for wood.
- Cut from plywood, the frame of the couches and the base, treat the corners with sandpaper.
- Sawed the beam in half (if you plan to have two loungers). Sand parts, wrap them with twine, periodically spraying the rope with a stapler or glue gun.
- Cut the fabric for the chairs.
- Secure plastic stapler, bent around the perimeter of the plywood.
- Cut the walls of the house, to seal the structure with screws.
- Obtyanite the structure of the selected tissue.
Scratching post for cat with natural materials is a fast and cheap way to diversify the life of a beloved pet. For this you dont need to buy the materials, you only need a small portion of the tree trunk, the plank and nails. The fabrication process of devices with their own hands is as follows:
- Attach the plate long pin.
- Drill a hole in the tree.
- Thoroughly secure the piece of wood on the pin.
From upholstery fabrics
As culterally you can use part of the old upholstered furniture, discarded couch cushions. Simple and reliable option is a manufacturer for cat wall fixtures. For this you will need upholstery fabric, straps for fastening and screws. Scratching your hands is made as follows:
- Cut-out material flap square or rectangular shape.
- Attach the cut on all sides to the wall with battens and screws.
Cardboard cat scratching post
Many cats love to sharpen claws on the box. Cardboard scratching post will be liked by your pet. In addition, the idea of using served packaging is environmentally friendly. For the manufacture of such a device you will need:
- boxes of corrugated cardboard (about 5 pieces medium size);
- adhesive tape;
- stationery knife;
- decorative paper or fabric for decoration.
Strands of action:
- Draw on the cardboard strip the same width, cut.
- Tightly twist the first strip, and secure with adhesive tape.
- Add the second line, securing with adhesive tape. Wrap around the nucleus.
- Wrap the strip keeping the winding density.
- Cut strips of decorative paper, wrap the outside. Fix the result with duct tape.
- Put the workpiece on the cloth or paper, draw around, cut out the circle.
- Attach the base with duct tape.
Video: scratching post made of corrugated cardboard
Galina, 45 years:When we got the cat, the question arose about scratching posts. Decided to combine such a thing with a house. In the shops could not find something suitable. Husband made this thing with his hands. The house like the cat. She sleeps, plays, vacationing, and most importantly – sharpening its claws. Left alone, the two launched a joint in the hallway. Our furniture was saved.
Elena, 38 years:From us for these purposes until nailed to the wall the strip of carpet on the top along the trim on the door. Cats (we have two) love to fly on the upholstery and fun to jump back down. I want to make a variant with a pipe to the ceiling. So far, only can’t find a suitable rope. It is necessary that debris from the twine was smaller.
Dayana, 32 years:Our furniture is intact. Scratching but wear out very quickly. The man pulls on her new sisal rope every three or four months. Do not use glue, our Scottish fold doesn’t love him because of the smell. Very tightly wound new rope. Fasten the winding on cardboard tube furniture stapler.