Yarrow useful properties and contraindications
Long means given to man by nature, help to cope with various diseases. Many plants possess useful properties that for centuries have been studied by herbalists and healers. One of such is the yarrow, at the present time is widely used for the treatment of many diseases. This herb can have both positive and negative effects on the body. Therefore, before applying, it is important to study the yarrow useful properties and contraindications. Information about this plant, see below.
What is the use of yarrow for the body
On the planet there are many types of this herb (over a hundred). Therapy is mainly used yarrow, ptarmica, noble. The greatest concentration required for the recovery of the substances is first. Yarrow useful properties and contraindications due to its composition which is rich in healing for the body components and poisonous compounds. It contains grass:
- Tannins. They have a bactericidal effect, stop the inflammatory process.
- Carotene. Once in the blood, this element promotes the production of vitamin A, which has a positive effect on vision, improves growth. Beneficial to the skin, hair and nails, strengthening them, help the regeneration of internal tissues and epithelium.
- Alkaloids. Is an indispensable tool for the treatment of people with poor blood clotting.
- The vitamin K Helps blood clotting, strengthens the walls of blood vessels. Thanks to this vitamin, the herb is extremely effective for external or internal bleeding.
- Resin. Provide a strong odor, which has grass. Resins help the body deal with microbes.
- Silicon. Yarrow helps to work as an antiseptic, healing tissue in various skin lesions (cuts, wounds, burns) and contributes to its restoration. Removes the inflammatory process.
- Ascorbic acid. Increases the body’s immune defenses, helping him / her to fight many diseases.
Useful properties of yarrow
Yarrow is widely used in modern medicine, providing an effective impact in many diseases. Its beneficial properties are valued as adherents of national treatment, and doctors of traditional views. What pathological processes helps to cope yarrow:
- Internal, external capillary or vascular bleeding. The nutrients plants contribute to accelerated blood clotting strengthening of blood vessels, capillaries. The grass is valuable because providing such an effect, does not cause the formation of blood clots, especially for people with thrombophlebitis.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract: peptic ulcer, gastritis, pathology duodenal ulcers, colitis. Yarrow helps normalize stomach acidity, activate the metabolism. Increases appetite and improves digestion.
- Diseases of the liver. Useful choleretic properties of the plant makes it effective in pathologies. Ingredients – clean the bile ducts, accelerating the withdrawal of bile.
- Diseases of the respiratory system. Yarrow is effective against tuberculosis, influenza, colds. Helps to cope with cough, improves breathing, promotes the discharge of mucus.
- Pathology of the urinary system. Infusion of herbs helps against urinary incontinence.
- Skin disorders: abscesses, boils, ulcers. Ingredients that heal wounds, strengthening the upper layer of the epithelium.
- Women diseases: inflammation, thrush. Yarrow normalizes microflora, kills bacteria, and normalizes the hormonal balance. Used in lactation to increase milk production. During menstruation, the herb helps analgesic effect.
Instructions for use in medicine
Yarrow should be taken only after consultation with a doctor, because this herb has beneficial properties and contraindications. Doctor individually pick up a treatment using this plant. In pharmacies you can find oil, pills, extracts of yarrow, is applied from bleeding, respiratory diseases, hemorrhoids, to improve blood clotting, inflammation, anti-fungus and various skin lesions. It is important to adhere strictly to the dosage, otherwise you may experience dizziness, nausea, rash.
Treatment with yarrow: traditional recipes
The use of natural components comes in different forms. You can prepare these traditional remedies from yarrow, as a decoction, infusion, tea, make a salve or juice. Every kind of healing potion has its own characteristics, which are suitable for the treatment of certain diseases. See below for some proven recipes with photos that will help you to prepare these tools and apply them correctly.
To make this folk remedy, take flowers, chop and squeeze the juice through cheesecloth. To be taken every day two to four teaspoons, depending on the severity of the disease. The juice helps to cope with gallstone disease, impaired lactation, internal bleeding. Can use as a means from external damage.
Teaspoon of yarrow throw in a small pan, pour just boiled water. Make a small fire, cook a folk remedy for about ten minutes. After this time, remove from heat. Allow to stand for not less than twenty minutes. Strain the broth. Take half a Cup three times a day to treat various diseases such as bronchial asthma, colds and skin disorders, severe headaches.
Infusion of herbs
To do the infusion, measure out two teaspoons of dried plants. Pour them a glass of boiling water. Folk remedy steep for at least an hour. Divide the resulting liquid, pre-strain it into several techniques. It is advisable to drink the infusion before meals. This option is especially helpful for women suffering from uterine bleeding.
Tea from flowers
Yarrow tea has a pleasant grassy taste. To prepare, take a teaspoon of the plant and pour boiling water. Cook for one minute. Allow to stand for about ten minutes to cool, then strain. Add in a Cup of tea 1 teaspoon of honey for taste. It helps with allergies, infections, arthritis, used to detoxify, to improve appetite. Take 3 times daily, 15-20 minutes before meals.
The ointment of yarrow
Components for the preparation of folk remedies: lard, fresh leaves of the plant. Take the ingredients in the ratio of one to one. The leaves well, chop, crush, mix with lard (you can use a meat grinder). The ointment is great for wounds, burns, purulent skin damage, from knocks. The tool improves the metabolic processes in the affected areas, helping to restore the epithelium.
Contraindications to the use
Eliminated the use of plants during pregnancy. The substances contained in the composition, can cause uterine contractions, leading to miscarriage. Also increases the hormone levels of estrogen, a large number of which can induce premature labour in pregnant or start the pathological process in the development of the child. Who else contraindicated funds to this grass:
- people with Allergy to substances in the composition;
- patients with increased blood clotting, suffered a heart attack;
- hypertensive patients, epileptics.
Video about the healing properties of leaves and inflorescences of yarrow
Perennial yarrow is a source of medicinal substances, which determine its beneficial properties. Detailed information on this plant will help you better understand how grass affects the body. Leading the following video is interesting talks about how grass helps in the treatment of diseases. There you will be able to know what is the yarrow in a natural environment on odor and taste of the plant. She will provide information about when to harvest yarrow and how to make it. Watch the exciting video about the beneficial properties of the plant: