Incontinence of urine in women causes
Incontinence suffer from a lot of people, the young and elderly. Medical statistics prove that this disease takes the first place among urogynecological diseases that occur among women. Causes of urinary incontinence in women the causes of this phenomenon? Such prevalence of this health problems due to the fact that often patients are at the initial stage of the disease are too embarrassed to go to a specialist, and when they decide to obtain medical help, then restore the urinary system is not easy.
What is urinary incontinence
Urinary incontinence (incontinence) is defined as the inability of man to control the leakage of urine from the body. This health problem is especially widespread among the elderly. Urinary incontinence in women, the causes of which will be discussed below, the concern of 33.6-36.8% of Russians. And international statistics that show that this problem worldwide affects more than 100 million people.
The causes of disease in young and older women
Previously, from a medical point of view, the urinary incontinence was regarded as a symptom of various diseases. Recently, however, the wide distribution of this problem among people of different age has forced doctors to treat this painful condition as a separate disease. Older women often experience incontinence during the day or night. Often it is associated with age-related changes in the body.
Girls 20-40 years sometimes also suffer from this unpleasant problem. Incontinence occurs because of a malfunction of the detrusor (muscle of the bladder wall), the weakening of the pelvic floor muscles, sphincters of the bladder and urethra. These States have people of different ages can occur due to various diseases and external factors. Urinary incontinence in women are the causes of the following nature:
- Complications after childbirth. Urinary incontinence often develops in women after a rapid or severe labor. The more children a woman bore, the higher the risk of developing the disease. Cause spontaneous leakage of urine in this case be encountered during childbirth injury, perineal tears and pelvic floor muscles.
- Disease. To problems with incontinence of urine in the body can result in diseases that affect the normal functioning of the urogenital system. These include: stroke, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, trauma, inflammation of the spinal cord, malformations of the urinary organs, tumors.
- Pregnancy. Expectant mothers may notice that with the growth of the fetus increases the frequency of urination in the toilet, and sometimes there is involuntary leakage of urine. This is because during pregnancy hormonal changes the body and increases the uterus cause changes in the bladder.
- Operations on the genitals. For complex gynecologic operations there is always the risk of damaging the nerves that are responsible for the proper operation of the detrusor, sphincter. If the result of surgery is disrupted innervation of these organs, there is a problem with incontinence of urine.
- Climax. It causes hormonal imbalance that affects the urinary system and the body’s ability to hold urine.
- Age older than 55 years. In old age there are pathological changes in the urinary system is weakening of the bladder muscles. These processes cause problems with incontinence.
- Injuries of the pelvic organs. If the damage to the perineum is disrupted anatomical integrity of the urinary tract and nerve trunks, which are responsible for the emptying of the bladder, often it leads to urinary incontinence.
- Poorly cured cystitis in youth may manifest in the elderly as problems with urination.
The main signs and symptoms
The clinical picture of this disease has several key symptoms. These include frequent urination, in which the patient with urinary incontinence visits the toilet more than 8 times a day. Other symptoms are frequent night urges to defecate and the feeling that bladder is not fully emptied. During exercise, coughing in patients with the disease occurs involuntary leakage of urine. Patients with incontinence are unable to control the process of urination and the urge to defecate.
Bedwetting — enuresis
Urinary incontinence in women, the cause of which may be different, often occur at night during sleep in the age group older than 55 years. Causes of this health problem are hormonal changes in the body, resulting in a reduction in the production of estrogen. This causes weakening of the muscles of the urogenital diaphragm, perineum, changing the state of the mucosa of the urethra. Often the factors causing urinary incontinence in women, causes related to a difficult birth or hyperextension of the muscles of the urogenital system.
Stress — when you sneeze, cough or laugh
In case of violation of functions of organs of the urogenital system occurs stress incontinence. The reason for this phenomenon is often muscle weakness or damage to the anatomical structures of the pelvic floor. These violations lead to uterine prolapse, bladder, rectum and urethra. As a result of these changes in intra-abdominal pressure, which is generated by sneezing, coughing and laughing can lead to leakage of urine.
Urgent or peremptory
Imperative incontinence of urine associated with an overactive bladder or disorders of the nervous system. It is characterized by recurrent leaks of urine, arising on a background of uncontrollable desire to defecate. As a rule, after the uncontrollable urge starts the secretion of urine. To provoke urgent urinary incontinence in women can cause external nature: the sound of running water, drinking alcoholic beverages, nervous agitation, cold or extreme changes in temperature (for example, when moving from a warm room into the cold).
Sometimes women can experience symptoms of urgent and stress urinary incontinence. For this type of incontinence characteristic feature is the combination of uncontrollable urge to pee and involuntary leakage of urine during physical exertion or coughing. Often, this pathology occurs after birth, which happened tears and damage organs in the pelvis.
Transit incontinence of urine occurs as a result of effects on the body from external factors which eliminate problems with urination disappears. Temporary involuntary leakage of urine can cause infection and diseases of the genitourinary system. Acute cystitis, inflammation of the vagina is a common causes the transit of incontinence of urine in women.
There is another variety of the disease called the podkapyvanii. With this type of incontinence after normal urination, there is a slight urine that is the result of accumulation in the diverticulum of the urethra or the vagina. Incontinence of urine of a continuing nature occurs because of weakness of the sphincter, fistulas, anomalies in the structure of the urinary organs.
To get rid of urinary incontinence in women, the cause of which may be different, you need to see a specialist. Doctor for diagnosis will recommend a checkup with a gynecologist to do a pelvic ultrasound, uroflowmetry and cystometry. Based on the results of examination the doctor prescribe treatment. It can include hormonal medications, performing Kegel exercises, magnetic stimulation of the pelvic floor muscles. Sometimes to restore the function of the urinary system specialists can offer to do the surgery.
Let us consider that includes conservative and surgical treatment of incontinence. Treatment without surgery effectively helps patients with early stage disease, which spontaneously emits a small amount of urine. Physiotherapeutic treatments with the use of diadynamic, galvanic currents or electrophoresis are assigned to patients with incontinence to restore bladder function.
For drug treatment, drugs used to normalize the urinary system: tolterodine, oxybutynin. Good effect in the treatment of incontinence of urine gives regular Kegel exercises and classes on technique step-free, the essence of which is the retention in the vagina of a special medical cargo. The goal of surgical intervention in involuntary release of urine is the elimination of the pathology of the urethra. In this disease carry out the following operations:
- Introduction medical gel into the urethra.
- Urethrocystoscopy. This procedure helps to restore the pubic-cystic ligaments that hold the ureter.
- The loopback operation. In the course of the surgery under the ureter is placed in an additional bearing loop of biological or artificial material.
- Neuromodulation. Surgically into the spinal cord implanted electrode to regulate the reflexes.
- Injection. This manipulation consists in introducing into the tissue of the bladder special substances to increase their volume and tight closure of the urethra.
The problem of incontinence, bother people for a long time. In the past and in our time, traditional medicine helps to get rid of this disease by simple means prepared on the basis of natural components. The herbal medications will help relieve inflammation and normalize the functioning of the urethra. Several tested recipes that effectively help to get rid of urinary incontinence given below:
- Combine in equal parts of dry St. John’s wort and centaury. With 1 tbsp of the mixture and 200 ml of boiling water, to make broth. Drink the medicine for the day.
- St. John’s wort (40 g) chop and pour 1 liter of boiling water. Leave to infuse for 3 hours, strain the broth drink during the day.
- Drink morning and evening half an hour before eating 1 teaspoon of honey, dissolved in 200 ml of warm water.
- Make herbal mixing 100 g of nettle leaves, marshmallow root, and 70 g of yarrow. On the night in a thermos, brew 2 tbsp of the obtained collecting 0.5 liters of boiling water. The next day, drink the infusion instead of tea.
Good effect in the treatment of incontinence of urine gives specific exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. This exercise will give a positive result only in case of regular physiotherapy exercises. Particularly effectively help to restore the pelvic floor to the Kegel exercises. When performing this type of exercise, you must stretch only the muscles of the pelvis and buttocks, thighs and the press must remain at rest. This gymnastics is based on three techniques:
- Running slow compression of pelvic muscles that help in stopping urination. This exercise begins to run from the tension of the muscles of the organs of the pelvic floor, which in a compressed position hold 3 seconds and then relax. Then count to 3 and again strain. Gradually increase the interval of finding the muscles in the compressed position until 20 seconds. To do this exercise 10-30 times three times a day.
- Perform contractions of the pelvic floor muscles. Do the exercise alternately, quickly shortening, and then relaxing the muscles of the lower part of the pelvis. To do this exercise 10-30 times three times a day.
- The execution of the pushing muscles of the pelvis. To do this exercise, it is necessary to work muscles that is activated when attempts at childbirth and during the process of defecation. Need to strain with a delay (2 seconds) and relax the muscles. To do this exercise 10-30 times three times a day.