Treatment of bronchitis in children
Children are more susceptible to various diseases and their consequences, but with proper and timely therapy is good deal with them. Among the respiratory pathologies are one of the first places the bronchitis. Many parents fear the diagnosis. How to treat bronchitis in a child? Use the following.
Treatment of bronchitis in children requires mandatory medical supervision. After ascertaining the type and cause of the disease, he will appoint a proper therapy. The house may be only those children who have not observed symptoms of intoxication, i.e., high temperature and shortness of breath. This fact is particularly true of children under 3 years. The treatment of these young patients is carried out only in a hospital.
Obstructive bronchitis in children
Treatment of obstructive bronchitis in children, in contrast to the simple catarrhal, has a basic purpose – to remove the obstruction, that is, the narrowing of the bronchial lumen. This is done with inhalation via nebulizer, and about 2-3 times a day. The alternative, they are with bronchodilators drugs: clenbuterol, Salmeterol, has Prescribed. A good anti-inflammatory agent is a hormonal medication, such as Pulmicort, Prednisolone, Dexamethasone. At high temperature treatment is connected antipyretic.
This form of respiratory disease requires combination therapy. Treatment of acute bronchitis in children folk ways only possible in the absence of complications, and always on the advice of a doctor. Among the main principles of therapy are the following:
- Compliance with polupostelny regime, limitation of physical activity.
- Increase daily amount of fluid you drink in 2 times.
- Reception at the beginning of the disease antiviral drugs such as Interferon, Ribavirin, Rimantadine and their analogues.
- Treatment antipyretic agents when the temperature is above 38.5 degrees. As these drugs can be used Paracetamol, Panadol.
- The holding of the inhalation to reduce the inflammation in the bronchi and accelerate sputum discharge. The fluid can be saline or soda-salt. It permitted the use of essential oils, decoctions and mucolytics: Fluditec, Carbocisteine, Mucosolvan.
- Taking medication against dry cough. These include Prospan, the Taste, Pertussin, Lasolvan, Bromhexine, Mukaltin.
Under this concept hides an infectious inflammation of the bronchioles of the lungs, that is, smaller respiratory tubes. It often provokes respiratory syncytial virus affects infants. Adults also became the only cause of colds. For newborns, breastfeeding, it is dangerous the possible attacks of asphyxia, that is, temporarily stop breathing. Treatment of bronchiolitis in children for longer, especially for babies. Therapy involves several activities:
- Rehydration – the process of replenishment of the body missing glucose-salt solutions. At urgent care they are administered intravenously or inside.
- Restoration of normal breathing through oxygen masks, nebulizers with medications. With a more severe course of the disease is mechanical ventilation.
- Antiviral activity is in the form of medications based on interferon.
- Antibiotic therapy in the presence of bacterial infection. After the bacterial culture is determined which antibiotics the bacteria are sensitive. Among prescribed drugs can be Macropen, Amosin, Sumamed, Amoxiclav, Augmentin.
- Anti-allergic activities, relieve swelling of the bronchi and make breathing easier.
This kind of bronchitis you have to treat 3 or more times a year, with this aggravation can last about 2 weeks. This form of the disease is considered typical for children, but it is not chronic. Treatment of recurrent bronchitis is possible for such principles:
- in antibacterial nature of the disease antibiotics, such as Ampicillin, Amoxicillin;
- viral causes of bronchitis therapy, antiviral tablets and in allergic – antihistamines;
- to liquefy phlegm used bronchodilators and antispasmodics;
- for removing accumulated phlegm required for inhalation of an alkaline solution of mineral water or essential oils;
- cleansing of the nasopharynx is of silver-containing compounds, for example, FireStore or mineral water;
- at elevated temperature begin to take Paracetamol or other antipyretics.
How to cure bronchitis
Therapy against bronchitis is symptomatic. In the General case children prescribed antipyretic, expectorant, antimicrobial, antiviral drugs. Good impact of distracting events, such as mustard plasters, foot baths, or warm compresses. Bed rest does not mean complete restriction of movements. The child sometimes needs to change position so light is not subjected to stagnation.
Treatment of bronchitis in children includes different activities that are dependent on the state of the little patient. Therapy in this disease without fever differs only in that not appointed antipyretics. In another treatment remains the same:
- the administration of antibacterial or antiviral medications;
- symptomatic therapy with otharcivatmi drugs;
- limit foods that trigger an allergic reaction;
- receiving effective vitamin complexes;
- physiotherapy, inhalation, physical therapy and vibrating massage.
Infants are more likely to develop complications of bronchitis. The first strange wheezing or cough, parents should call the doctor. Treatment in such young children includes the following activities:
- Drainage massage. Put baby tummy down on your knees and tapped the edge of his hand on the back, sometimes giving the child to cough.
- Drugs with amboroxol. This substance is approved for use in children up to one year. It is an expectorant. These include more Mucosolvan.
- Antibiotics. For the child to apply such preparations as, or weaker Sumamed Zinnat.
- Drugs to restore the microflora. Assigned such as Bifidobakterin or lacidofil.
- Inhalation. Used mineral water Borjomi, Flomax to eliminate the obstruction, Mucosolvan.
How to treat bronchitis at home
To combat child bronchitis at home can be solved only by the doctor, and after the inspection. If you do not are serious complications and the specialist will make sure that the child is able to cope with the disease, it will prescribe therapy that will be able to hold their own parents. After finding out the causative agent of bronchitis children prescribed antiviral drugs or antibiotics. Pay attention to the presence of a temperature and a cough, dry or wet.
Medication for bronchial
First in the list of drugs are antibacterial drugs. Antibiotics for children bronchitis used 3 different groups:
- cephalosporins 2nd and 3rd generation: Cefixime, Ceftibuten, Cefuroxime, Cefaclor;
- penicillins: Amoxicillin, Panklav, Amoxiclav;
- macrolides: Vilprafen, Rovamycin, Midecamycin, Erythromycin.
In addition to antibacterial drugs used the following drugs:
- antiviral: Ingavirin, Tamiflu, Arbidol, Remantadin, Kagocel;
- antifungal: Levorin, Griseofulvin, Itraconazole, Diflucan;
- liquefy sputum: Acetylcysteine, Fluimucil, Streptokinase, Ambrobene, Bromhexine;
- antihistamines: Cetirizine, loratadine, Levocabastine;
- antipyretics: Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Effective, Aspirin, Metamizole, Panadol, Calpol;
- inhalation: Mucosolvan, Travis;
- multivitamin: Alphabet, Multitabs, supradin, Vitrum;
- expectorants: Mukaltin, Pertussin, Libeksin, Glaucine.
Treatment of bronchitis in children folk remedies
In mild or moderate disease and good prognoses, the physician may allow treatment of bronchitis folk remedies. Among these methods are the following:
- Cabbage juice. Slightly sweetened with honey, cabbage juice need to drink to the child: 4 tbsp throughout the day.
- Lime infusion. Take 1 tablespoon of dried lime flowers, pour a Cup of boiling water. Then hold it under the lid for about an hour, drain. To give the child to drink 0.5 cups. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
- Carrot juice. To the freshly squeezed juice of carrots add 3 tsp of honey, mix well. Give the child 2-3 tbsp 2-3 times a day.