The rate of bilirubin in the blood in women
Bilirubin is formed from the finished my age of red blood cells, which undergo processing in the liver. This pigment is a litmus test that determines the condition of the filter body, spleen and metabolic processes in the body. Abnormalities identified in the blood may indicate the presence of dangerous diseases.
The rate of bilirubin in women
The formation of bilirubin occurs as a result of the breakdown of red blood cells, part of which is hemoglobin. Worked time blood cells are transported to the liver, bone marrow, spleen, where they undergo destruction. When the pigment is formed only, it is toxic. In liver cells it contact with specific enzymes, in the Union which formed the direct bilirubin is excreted naturally. In women its concentration in blood is lower than that of men.
In order to determine how much pigment is contained within the body, in the laboratory undertakes the analysis on biochemistry. The rate of bilirubin in the blood of women meets the following criteria:
- Analysis of total bilirubin is 3.4% to 17.2 µmol/L. If you have recently moved liver disease, the rate limit can increase up to 8.5-20.5 mkmol/l.
- Norm of free bilirubin in the blood of women up to 15.4 µmol/l Bilirubin in a form is a big part of the total.
- The measurement of direct bilirubin in the blood, associated with glucuronic acid, in healthy adult female not above 4.3 mmol/L. After diseases of the liver or gall bladder value may be increased to 7.9 µmol/L.
When testing for total bilirubin need to follow some rules so that the results were correct:
- Prior prospective studies avoid coffee and other caffeinated beverages.
- Do not take blood thinners, affect the gallbladder and liver.
- Observe the normal diet before testing, do not diet and fasting, but after 4-12 hours before you need to donate blood, do not eat anything.
What does elevated bilirubin
Increase of level yellow-green pigment can be identified by symptoms:
- yellowing of the skin;
- nausea and vomiting;
- the appearance of constant fatigue;
- the color of urine becomes dark;
- stool acquire a whitish hue;
- yellow whites of the eyes.
Increased total bilirubin of blood leads to the following consequences for the human body:
- violation of the outflow of bile through the bile ducts of the liver due to a failure in the process of formation of this fluid;
- adverse changes in the output mechanism of bile through the ducts outside the liver;
- the violation of the conjugation of free bilirubin with a special acid inside the liver;
- the development exceeded the amount of pigment out of the liver.
When diagnosing the condition, cause the amount of bilirubin exceeding the limit must consider not only the numerical measure of the content of the conjugated and the free pigment in the blood. It is important to pay attention to their percentage. This will help correctly identify the disease that caused this increase in the biochemical blood test.
A departure from the norm of bilirubin in the blood in women in the direction of the growth line fraction may indicate abnormalities inside/outside the liver. This:
- Liver disease:
- hepatitis of various Genesis (drug, toxic, chronic, bacterial, viral, autoimmune);
- the tumor formed inside the body;
- primary biliary cirrhosis;
- intrahepatic cholestasis;
- jaundice arising during pregnancy;
- the syndrome of the Rotor;
- syndrome Dabina-Johnson.
- The group of extrahepatic diseases:
- pancreatitis acute and chronic forms;
- aneurysm of the hepatic artery;
- a tumor located within the pancreas;
- stones in the gallbladder;
- education in the bile ducts;
- segmental cholangitis (acute or chronic);
- of the tumor inside the duodenum;
- hydatid cyst of the liver.
Liver disease, as indicated by the increase of indirect faction of bilirubin according to the blood sample:
- jaundice acquired;
- syndrome, crigler-Najjar;
- syndrome Lucy-Driscoll;
- Gilbert’s syndrome.
The high rate of the free pigment is characteristic for following disease occurring outside the liver. This:
- congenital or acquired hemolytic anemia;
- toxic or drug anemia.
Causes of high bilirubin in the blood
To raise bilirubin in blood from women several factors:
- The increased disintegration of red blood cells with anemia, increases the level of bilirubin and reduces the amount of hemoglobin. This pathology manifests itself through fever, discomfort in the side on the left side, change in color of urine to dark shades of brown or black color, headaches, yellowing of the skin.
- Pathology of the liver, leading to impaired processing of bile pigment. Outwardly it manifests in nausea, and bitter taste in the mouth, lightening the stool, fever, General weakness of the body and the fact that the urine has a shade of strong tea infuser.
- The failure mechanism of the outflow of bile, spoken signs: jaundice, colic in the liver, vomiting, belching bitterness, low appetite, pain in the right side, constipation or diarrhea, flatulence, change the color of urine, of feces.
How to lower bilirubin in the blood
After the examination and identify the reasons why the rate of bilirubin in the blood of women could be exceeded, prescribe a comprehensive treatment aimed to the reduction of pigment. Such measures include the administration of drugs and mandatory diet that restricts the consumption of certain harmful products. Folk remedies are effective, but you should not use them as a standalone therapy.
The conversion of bilirubin to normal includes the range of drugs:
- Medication plant-based, has choleretic effect:
- Essentiale Forte;
- Enzymes that affect digestion:
Bilirubin is responsible for a decrease in the intake of some herbs. Prepare with them an effective means of:
- Herbal infusion can be done by taking equal proportions chamomile flowers, spearmint, St. John’s wort and motherwort. Pour 2 tablespoons collection boiling water, leave to infuse for 2 hours. Drink the remedy twice a day: in the morning on an empty stomach and before bed half a Cup.
- Brew a tea from 1 tbsp motherwort, chamomile and St. John’s wort. Take the drink twice a day half an hour before eating 100 ml
- A decoction of chamomile, birch leaves, motherwort, peppermint, rose hips, lemongrass is easy to make, Bay grass boiling water and boil for a bit (10-15 minutes). Cook means it is possible, using a single plant or mixtures thereof. Drink 100-150 grams twice a day before you eat.
To treat high bilirubin, we need to exclude the following products:
- salt, smoked products, marinades, pickles;
- pastries with the contents of the baking powder and wheat flour (biscuits, muffin, white bread);
- spicy dishes;
- fatty and fried foods;
- sour fruits (kiwi, cherries, currants, citrus);
- some vegetables and herbs (radishes, green onions, garlic, spinach, sorrel);
- canned food, fatty meat varieties, seafood;
- soups, cooked in rich broth;
- dairy products with high fat content (cheese, ice cream);
The basis of power in high bilirubin in the blood should be:
- steamed vegetables;
- meat lean varieties (beef, chicken, Turkey);
- the fish is steamed or boiled;
- low-fat dairy products (cottage cheese, yogurt, fermented baked milk, sour cream);
- of whole grain cereal.
- a sweet fruit.
Drinks that can be consumed:
- compotes of sweet fruits and berries;
- juices from sweet fruit;
- clean drinking water.
What does low bilirubin
Reduced concentration of bilirubin in the blood in women occurs infrequently, but may indicate serious disease:
- chronic renal failure;
- aplastic anemia.
Reducing the level of bile pigment may occur in pregnancy in the last months. Until recently it was the norm that today is defined as a pathology that requires a search for causes and appropriate treatment. Factors driving the decline of bilirubin at the woman until she bears a child, there may be heart disease or kidney disease.