Teething in a child: symptoms, how to help
When a child is teething – there is a natural biological process. All children are different and react to teething they also differ. Young mothers, especially those who have a child first, often do not know how to understand that teething. And, of course, every loving mother concerned with the question of when a child is teething, what can I do? For these and many other questions will answer this article.
Signs that teething the child
When the baby teething symptoms may be obvious or hidden. Usually the first signs that teething is increased anxiety and salivation. Obvious signs are:
- excessive drooling, starting with the second or third month of life. From the constant wiping saliva baby skin can be irritated, therefore, it should not wipe but blot;
- swollen and red gums;
- rises, the temperature is low. Temperature when teething the child increases, but not always and not all. This process could easily take place without it. If teething, the temperature should not be above 380C. Increase in temperature over the specified digits says the inflammatory process not associated with teething;
- redden buttocks and (or) cheeks;
- toddlers diarrhea. Quite often a symptom accompanying teething is diarrhea. The chair happens 3-4 times a day and the consistency is more liquid than usual. When a tooth erupted, the diarrhea stops. If frequent bowel movements still continue is a reason to immediately contact the pediatrician;
- often, seemingly for no reason, crying;
- kids are actively trying to «out» any items. It is important that everything that enters the mouth a little it was as clean as possible and devoid of small parts and sharp edges;
- the brief appearance of a cold (3-4 days) and the allocation of clear mucus from a nasal cavity;
- the pain in my ears. This pain is a consequence of the fact that dental pain experienced in the ears. Kids scratch their ears or pull yourself up over them, trying to get rid thus from discomfort;
- loss of appetite. When you begin to cut teeth, kids often refuse to eat. The exception is the mother’s breast (although they can eat caprinica) and solid food (e.g., crust of bread or dried), about which it is possible to scratch constantly aching and itchy gums.
The process of teething begins in grudnichkovye age with the appearance of the first deciduous teeth and ends with fully by the age of 20-25 eruption of wisdom teeth.
At what age cut first teeth
Normal is the appearance of the first milk tooth to 5-8 months, but often the firstborn is shown in 3 months and some 10. The reason for panic is not here, because the eruption occurs at each kid individually. Factors influencing the appearance of the first teeth and the following, very diverse climate, heredity, type of feeding…
When babies are teething, some babies require greater attention, become capricious and often whine. At this time have as much to give the child love and affection, often to take on hands, to distract in different ways out of a bad mood.
How much time is cut first tooth? Usually erupt first two lower incisor. The interval of eruption are different, but often the process of eruption of the first, and right behind him and the second cutter is placed in 2-4 days.
How long is cut first teeth
The period of eruption of first deciduous teeth – quite heavy, both for the baby and for his loved ones. On average, the total time of eruption of all primary teeth in a child is 2-2. 5 years. In this time period, especially the emergence of the first teeth, you must be calm and patient, because the when cut first teeth, the kids usually behave very restless.
Like teething in babies
After the first two lower incisors, two upper hatch cutter (about a month after the appearance of the first tooth). Until the first year babies have eight teeth (four upper and four lower incisor). From a year and a half, there are two lower and two upper first molars (all four). A couple of months before the indigenous to join the fangs: two on the bottom and two on top. At the age of two to three years be a second indigenous milk teeth: two bottom and two top. So to three years a child should have twenty teeth.
The child’s behavior
As already mentioned earlier, the behavior of the child when teething is not the best. Frequent causeless crying, reaching, sometimes, to hysteria, restlessness, anxiety, fear reaction to different sounds – all this peculiar little man in such a difficult period of development. The kid, feeling bad feelings and not knowing what was happening to him, requires a constant close body contact with the mother, seeking his support and reassurance, restless sleep, frequent waking, while awake, cranky. Sometimes these whims in no way possible to appease neither a toy nor a song – the baby is even more offended that he did not understand and begins to cry hysterically. Few who can avoid such behavior of their little children.
How to help baby when teething
A powerful tool are the teethers made of plastic or special rubber, hollow, or filled with water. It can be a toy or a special ring. Kids well about them scratching their itchy gums. Teethers with water-filling is most effective because the cold water (it is necessary before to give the child a teether, put it on half an hour in the fridge) reduces pain and reduces itching.
Many children well help soothing gels like Dentinox, Kalgel, Doctor Baby, and others. These can be used five months of age. Harm to the child. such drugs are not, but to reduce the pain due to the content in the composition of the gel, menthol to soothe the gums and improve the General condition will help. However, to hold the gels is not necessary. Rubbed three to four times a day not more than three days then need a break to use.
Little children love when they scratch their gums. You can do this with your finger, after washing and wound with a sterile piece of gauze, or purchase a massage brush for gums.