Swollen cheek from tooth. How to remove the tumor?
Inflammation inside the cheeks often referred to as oral pathology and dental disease. Many conscious, health problems should be accompanied by pain and deterioration of health. But it should be understood that any tumor in the body is a sign of development of pathological inflammatory process, even if the swollen cheek, but the tooth does not hurt. Unfortunately, there are people ready day and night to endure the pain and experience discomfort, just to put off going to the «evil» dentist. Often the fears are unfounded, and the problem can be solved in one visit to the doctor. But if the situation turns into a running stage, and there is a complication, for the treatment of inflammation will need to spend a lot of time, money, effort, and sometimes not even staying options to save the tooth.
Try to figure out why there is swelling of the cheeks, as well as tell you how and what to remove a tumor from the cheek of the tooth.
Causes of swelling of the cheeks
If you experience a little swelling, hardly anybody pays this circumstance neglected, hoping that will improve all by itself. Only a qualified expert can say with certainty that the tumor is evidence that an inflammatory process occurs in varying degrees.
If you have swollen cheek and tooth ache, you need to listen more carefully to yourself, maybe there are any pulsating or jerking sensation behind the ear have much bleeding gums, or had a lump in the cheek or behind the ear. The physician must hear all symptoms and changes you, so the technician will be easier and faster to analyze the situation and put the correct diagnosis. After all, soreness, swelling, change of color of the cheeks is not always associated with dental diseases, and in some cases caused by infections, injury or bites of poisonous insects.
The most popular reasons causing swelling of the soft tissues of the cheeks, are the following:
- The most common situation after a treatment of the tooth, swollen cheek. This condition is understandable, because after medical manipulations: removing the nerve, cleaning of the cavity, sealing, fundamentally some period, continuing the inflammatory process. When the patient’s swollen cheeks after treatment of the tooth, and swelling subsides following days, there is a risk that at the root of the remaining remote nerve, for example in the treatment of pulpitis. In this situation, as soon as possible to go to the doctor, because in this situation the probability of not losing the tooth is very large.
- Another situation, when after tooth extraction swollen cheek. The fact that after pulling a bad tooth, especially if the person made a difficult operation, for several days is still residual inflammation, which alone passes. Usually, a doctor warns about the possible consequences and gives some advice on how to avoid complications. In the first days, avoid too hot and too cold drinks, solid food, and from alcohol. To remove swelling, can be applied to the patient’s cheek, the cold for 10 minutes.
- Allergic reactions can trigger an inflammation of the cheeks from the inside. Allergens can be: some types of medicines, food, cosmetics for face, dust and even filling material, for which the person may cause hypersensitivity. In this case, the person would have to revisit the dentist and put the filling of hypoallergenic material.
- Eruption of wisdom teeth, which often decide to appear after 20-30 years, often accompanied by pain and swelling of the cheeks. In addition, adults are extremely difficult to tolerate this condition in many deteriorating health, it is difficult to open your mouth and carry out the meal. Usually, the problem eliminated itself when the tooth to fully erupt. However, if he grows crooked or it is not enough space on the gums, the only way to solve is to remove it. A lot of people complaining that swollen cheek after removal of wisdom teeth, but this is the norm, as after the jerking of the tooth remains sore, the gums must heal and to heal, and then the swelling goes down by itself.
- In addition to dental problems, there are cases of infectious disease in which a sore tooth and swollen cheek. Speech can go not only on a bacterial or viral infection listed in the oral cavity, but problems with internal organs or neurological diseases.
- inflammation of the parotid glands;
- heart problems, liver or kidney;
- a cyst on the sebaceous glands;
- benign or malignant tumors.
These and other irregularities in the body can give a strong swelling of the face. In addition to swelling of the cheeks, may experience symptoms such as: soreness of the throat, increase in lymph nodes, stuffy ears, swelling of other body parts such as neck, ankles or wrists.
- After damage to the gums or soft tissue injuries, swelling on his cheek may appear immediately after mechanical impact, or after some time.
- The bites of some species of insects like wasps, bees and bumblebees cause reddening, induration and swelling of the skin. If child’s swollen cheek, which just had fun running around in the garden, look closely. you can see the bite mark on her.
As swelling of the cheeks is usually associated with the teeth, to determine the cause in the first place should go to the dentist, especially if you’ve recently undergone surgery on the teeth or gums, the specialist will tell you what to do after tooth extraction, if swollen cheek or how you can solve the problem yourself.
What to do if you have swollen cheek from tooth
Everyone should remember that in the event of swelling that lasts for more than two days, you need to go to the dentist, no matter removed the tooth, swollen cheek and a sore or swollen gums or cheek for no apparent reason, one thing is clear — the inflammatory process proceeds, the result of which can be lost a tooth or complications. First, what do the doctor, sent for x-ray. If it’s a problem with your teeth, then you need to adhere to all recommendations of a dentist.
Before going to the doctor, there are some ways on how to remove the tumor when swollen cheek from tooth.
- Rinse your mouth soda or salt p-rum. This method can be used as antiseptic and analgesic. This is the most popular and proven method you can use if you don’t know what to do if pulled tooth and swollen cheek, to reduce inflammation and prevent bacteria.
- If I remove the wisdom tooth, swollen cheeks, what can I do to relieve the swelling and soreness? Well in this situation help rinse chamomile, sage or chlorhexidine.
- If the child has a swollen cheek with one hand, as first aid can be applied to the inside of the cheeks or gums with a cotton swab soaked in aloe juice or Kalanchoe.
- Teething in children who have proven themselves a special «frozen» creams and gels to relieve the pain and swelling.
- After insect bites, can be a time to drink an antihistamine tablet and apply on the affected area soothing compresses with decoction of chamomile or aloe.
When swelling of the cheeks or gums, it is better for some time to refrain from taking pain medications, as after their application, it will be difficult to track the nature of pains to accurately describe all the symptoms of a doctor.
Promptly contact your dentist to protect yourself from possible complications and troubles.
Dear readers, have you encountered such a problem when you have a toothache, swollen cheek? How to remove a tumor you have?