Stomach hurts after eating
Every person may one day encounter this problem: heaviness in the stomach after eating, or sensations of pain can be a symptom of various diseases. To do a proper therapeutic course, it is necessary to know the causes of the onset of symptoms.
Causes of stomach pain after eating
To cause discomfort can a variety of factors:
- An improper diet. For example, prolonged fasting before the next meal can cause cramping in the stomach.
- The quality of food consumed is of great importance for your health. Is to eat only fresh and healthy products, abandoning harmful fatty foods.
- Overeating – another cause of pain.
- Nervous stress causes negative effects, including sore stomach after eating.
- Excessive exercise affect the internal organs, so sometimes may become the reason why stomach hurts after eating.
- Previously received internal injuries can cause postprandial discomfort.
- Gastrointestinal disease is the main reason why some people have stomach aches after eating.
- Pregnancy. The baby can put pressure on the digestive organs, which causes pain.
The symptoms of gastritis
Gastritis is an inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach. Provokes the disorder of the bacterium Helicobacter Pylori, which affects the mucous membranes. Improper diet is the main cause of this disease. First of all, people with such problems are shown on a special diet and therapeutic course of antibiotics.
Signs of gastritis can vary. It depends on many factors – the degree of neglect of the disease, diet and individual characteristics of the organism, and that have provoked:
- pain in the epigastric region;
- stomach pain and burning sensation;
- the lack of appetite.
Other diseases of the stomach
If the person is not suffering from gastritis, but he often gets a stomachache after eating, the problem may be due to other diseases of the GASTROINTESTINAL tract:
- The pilorospazme is a spasmodic form of the disorder, the goalkeeper, which connects the body digestion of the duodenum. The occurrence of this disease is often associated with the problems of the human nervous system. After meals is a discomfort, pain, begins to feel sick. After 20 minutes there is severe attack of vomiting, after which the pain disappears. In this case, you need to undergo special treatment.
- Stenosis of the esophagus is a significant reduction of its lumen. Associated it can be with the previously obtained digestive, tumor, or foreign objects that were in the area. After eating, the person begins to inflate, vomiting and tear. This condition requires immediate medical treatment.
- Syndrome irritation. This diagnosis is accompanied by repeated belching (at least one hour after a meal). The stomach is actively reduced, causing spasms and severe pain. Besides, the person starts vomiting, a heartburn.
- Diaphragmatic hernia. The front part of the human trunk into two cavities divided by the diaphragm through which the esophagus passes. If the hole is increased, the upper section of the stomach (lists) begins to be broken or falling out.
- Obstruction is blocking a certain area of the digestive organ. This leads to a tumor, polyp or spasm of the stomach wall. When filling the body with food, there is pain, because food can’t get into obstructional part.
- Problems with gallbladder. This organ is located right upper abdomen, sometimes it becomes inflamed or there are stones. Is full after a meal, the stomach begins to put pressure on the gallbladder, which leads to tingling, pain.
- Food poisoning. With this diagnosis the person has nausea, vomiting, diarrhea shortly after eating. To get rid of toxins, you should drink absorption material.
- Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis). Among the symptoms cutting pain in the right hypochondrium, half an hour after a meal.
- Inflammation of the duodenum (gastroduodenitis) is another reason for the emergence of acute pain. The main cause of the disease is the disruption of the normal power mode, which causes an increase in acidity.
- Peptic ulcer of the duodenum or stomach. An ulcer is damage to the mucous membranes, in contact with which the acidic digestive juice or food occurs terrible sharp pain.
Like a sore stomach
Diseases of the digestive system have different manifestations. Diagnosis is based on the nature of pain, intensity, radiation, frequency. To determine the exact causes of discomfort should pass tests, to undergo a full examination by experts, to start taking medications to diet. An unpleasant sensation in the stomach, diarrhea, nausea – are common to overeating or food poisoning. A higher acidity level causes immediate irritation, heartburn, belching.
Low acidity with gastritis causes mild swelling, dull pain. The reason for this becomes weak digestion (food stagnates, it begins the fermentation process) the result of this is bloating, nausea, heaviness. Recurrent pain accompanied by chronic gastritis (stomach aches). Ulcer pain occurs immediately, worse overall health, often body temperature rises.
The table will determine the nature of pain and apparent reason:
|The feelings of the patient||
|Sharp pain||Intestinal infection, poisoning, gastritis, ulcers|
|Pull start whining, give in the side||Urolithiasis, chronic cholecystitis|
|Unbearable, sharp, cutting pain that radiates to the side or the top area||Hepatic colic, irritable bowel syndrome (if accompanied by diarrhea), ulcerative colitis (with bloody diarrhea), acute cholecystitis|
|Smerlada, cramping, stabbing pain||Acute forms of duodenal ulcer, pancreatitis|
Pain in stomach after eating irritating and feels differently:
- Chronic gastritis may appear weak, medium or strong pain.
- Powerful pain impossible to endure, makes itself known gastric ulcer disease.
- Duodenitis is accompanied by sharp and intense pain in the stomach, which sometimes give back. With constant increasing pain should consult a doctor.
What to do if stomach hurts
Factors why sometimes belching after eating, starts to hurt or boil the stomach, there are so many. The first thing to do before treatment is to identify the cause of the disease. Help yourself to medicines or take people’s money only when the patient is sure of the origin of the disease. For prophylaxis is recommended to eat not only delicious, fresh, wholesome foods to stick to the regime, drink a lot of water.
Than to treat
There are several effective methods that will help to remove unwanted stomach pain after eating:
- Discard foods that are high in fats, hot peppers, concentrates, salt.
- If pain occurred at night, it is recommended to drink clean water.
- Well quench the heartburn and provide the flow of bile, dandelion leaves (to chew and swallow a few young leaves).
What to examine
If you found that in the abdomen after a meal when you press the clear pain, you often go to the toilet and experiencing retching, urgently need to see a specialist. This can be a physician, surgeon, gastroenterologist or oncologist. As a rule, all patients have to pass tests to examine the stomach and duodenum x-ray, to do endoscopy, to undergo ultrasound examination of the gastrointestinal tract. It is desirable to do in the morning on an empty stomach.
Pills from stomach pain
At the pharmacy you can find a huge number of drugs which are effective in diseases of the digestive system, and have a clear photo instruction book. However, for a particular patient drugs are appointed taking into account individual peculiarities of the organism. Often this pill is to normalize the acidity or antimicrobials. If the pain is caused by chronic disease (gastritis or ulcer), the doctor prescribes special gastroprotectia.
Known cure for stomach pain:
- Aluminium phosphate gel;