Signs of diabetes in men
The disease develops by absolute or relative deficiency of insulin. Hidden diabetes develops when the violation of carbohydrate metabolism, it increases the level of glucose in urine and blood plasma. The main signs of diabetes in men is similar to women’s, but the disease is different.
Types of diabetes
The world health organization divides this disease into two types:
- 1 type of disease, causes dependence on insulin. In the case of the first type a large part secreted by the pancreas cells of insulin is destroyed. The causes that triggered the disease can be different (viral diseases, autoimmune disorders, poor diet, genetics). Generally, this type appears in people under 30 years of age. Provoke acute infectious disease. Without insulin, the human body ceases to function normally absorb glucose, so patients have to constantly to the substance of the injection.
- Type 2 non-insulin. In this case, the function of the pancreas is not broken. Symptoms of diabetes in adult men the same as women. The cells of the body become sensitive to insulin (resistant). For these reasons, the blood cannot get into the blood vessels. Factors causing this disease are:
- genetic predisposition;
- mistakes in medication;
- increased body mass.
The first signs and symptoms of diabetes in men
The initial phase of disease development may go unnoticed. Outward signs of diabetes in men is not very pronounced at an early stage, therefore, to detect the presence of disease is sometimes very difficult. Among the primary symptoms are the following:
- Can occur constant feeling of unbridled hunger. This is due to problems of glucose uptake (cells not receiving it, remains «hungry»).
- Fatigue of the body, chronic fatigue or drowsiness. It is the result of lack of vital energy.
- Itching and irritation of the soft skin areas (feet, groin, hands).
- Sudden weight gain (in one direction and then the other). This indicates problems with the digestion of carbohydrates, resulting in quick starts processing protein or fat.
- Increases sweating.
Features of the disease depending on the age
Signs of diabetes in men can be easily confused with nervous stress. However, it is worth the initial visit to the doctor with a complete examination, and test taking. Diabetes in young age after the age of 30 or even after 50. If you delay to treatment in men after the age of 40 begin to develop serious complications. Hormonal failure affects the potency, causes prostate, dysfunction, ejaculation, infertility.
After 50 years in men often develops this disease is the second type. This may be accompanied by bouts of bleeding gums, headache, hair loss. Typically, this is blamed on age specifics, preferring not to turn to medicine. How to determine diabetes? Definitely need to see a qualified physician to verify the contents in the plasma of blood sugar.
The first signs of diabetes in adult men are replaced by more serious symptoms which cannot be overlooked:
- too frequent urination;
- constant feeling of thirst;
- bad wounds heal, the potential for gangrene, sepsis, infection;
- increases hair loss;
- destroyed teeth;
- reduced sensitivity of the limbs (with difficulty up the big toe).
Signs of increased sugar in the blood indicate that a person can be ill with diabetes. For an accurate diagnosis you need the following manipulation:
- blood and urine tested for glucose content;
- to determine the content of glycosylated haemoglobin;
- test perception of glucose by the body;
- detection of C-peptide, insulin in blood plasma.
The consequences of the disease
Diabetes of the first type to the male body development of some dangerous complications. If women have all the hormonal disruptions are moving in obesity, the stronger sex suffers the following problems:
- Reduced potency due to destruction of large and small capillaries that carry blood to the reproductive organs of men. Drugs (e.g., Viagra), in the presence of such problems can complicate the situation.
- The decrease in testosterone levels, as a result disappears libido.
- Reduces the production of sperm.
- Dysfunctioning of ejaculation.
- There are some changes in the structure of DNA in reproductive cells of the patient.
- There is a risk of infertility development.
- Appear liver problems.
- are developing cardiovascular disease.
The second type of the disease leads to the following disorders:
- myocardial infarction;
- diabetic ketoacidosis;
- thrombosis of blood vessels;