At all times People used the gifts of nature not only for human consumption but also for the maintenance of health, the normalization of the state, regulate the functioning of the internal organs. The advantage of this treatment is that it uses natural products without chemical additives. Pumpkin seeds take pride of place among the useful components of natural origin. These seeds are rich in vitamins, trace elements, and therefore may be used to prevent diseases or to provide a therapeutic, supportive action.
Useful properties of pumpkin seeds
Use pumpkin seeds proved long ago, so they are not only used in folk medicine, but often doctors recommend a product for the treatment of certain diseases. The action of seeds and their medicinal properties:
- The fight against parasites.
- Treatment of the liver.
- Support women’s health during lactation, pregnancy.
- Treatment of prostatitis, of normalization of potency, of the reproductive function of men.
- Improvement of the circulatory system, cleansing the blood.
- Normalization of brain activity.
- Regulation of metabolic processes in the body.
- Maintaining the health of hair, skin, nails.
- Providing the body with essential micronutrients to maintain health.
The composition and caloric content in the seeds of pumpkin
Pumpkin seeds – a versatile product with the most rich composition, which includes a variety of useful minerals and vitamins. The active components of the fruit are:
- Fats, carbohydrates that provide the body with nutrients.
- Fiber normalizes bowel function.
- Protein – an essential trace element for the human body.
- Useful minerals: zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, copper, potassium, manganese, calcium.
- Vitamins A, B, C, K, D.
- The high content of calories in the product: 550 kcal/100 g.
Methods of treatment pumpkin seeds
For getting rid of a number of diseases or their prevention can be used all sorts of methods of treatment pumpkin seeds:
- They are raw, naturally dried or dried in the oven.
- Can be used as a complementary ingredient in various meals.
- Can be used pumpkin seed oil or tincture of them in combination with honey.
Of worms and Giardia
The pharmacy shelves are a huge number of drugs that help fight parasites, a variety of helminth – Giardia, worms. Most medicines along with the beneficial effect of having a negative impact on the body, the health of the patient. Effective tool in the fight against parasites are pumpkin seeds, which due to the high content cucurbitina paralyze the worms contribute to their elimination by natural means.
Experts recommend to consume the seeds raw, and dried or baked. Fruit in any case retain their useful properties, have effective confrontation worms. To fight parasites and possibly tea, to prepare it you need three cups of water to brew 2 tablespoons of seeds, let stand. The last option gives the best possible result, since the liquid is much faster absorbed by the body and useful components start fighting parasites.
Treatment of liver
To clean the liver, normalize its work it is necessary to take pumpkin seeds. They are prepared in a special way:
- Seeds dry, grind into fine crumbs.
- Water to boil, cool to 60 degrees, then pour the seeds.
- Insist seven days in a cool place.
- To take the infusion on an empty stomach, before each meal one tablespoon. Duration of treatment is not more than one month.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding
Essential pumpkin seeds are for women during pregnancy and lactation, they will help prevent or solve various problems, without harming the expectant mother or the child. For the normalization condition specialists recommend taking the product in its raw or dried form. The seeds have the following positive effects:
- Normalization of bowel movement, prevents constipation.
- Getting rid of early toxicity.
- Provide the pregnant woman’s body essential vitamins, minerals, micronutrients.
- Effective, safe remedy for heartburn in pregnancy.
- Seeds have a positive impact on the status of women after childbirth, promote the excretion of cholesterol, normalization of health and support of breastfeeding.
Despite the abundance of useful properties, pumpkin seeds can be damaging if there are contraindications to their intake:
- The presence of individual intolerance of the product.
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, ulcer disease, hyperacidity.
- The presence of excess weight and desire to get rid of him, and the high caloric content of seeds may impede this process, so for people with obesity pumpkin seeds harmful.
Recipes with pumpkin oil and seeds
Pumpkin seeds can be used in cooking, which will increase the calorie content of food and enrich it with useful properties. To popular recipes include:
- Delicious, healthy sauce: pumpkin seeds (200 g), garlic (5 cloves) minced, add chopped herbs, season all with olive oil and lemon juice. The original dressing to the salad or the meat is ready.
- Autumn salad: eggplant, apples, pumpkin cut into cubes with the peel and the seed and fry in butter. Fill with Apple cider vinegar, sprinkle with herbs.
Video: the healing properties of pumpkin seeds
About the healing properties of pumpkin and its seeds are known since ancient times and used this wonderful vegetable for the treatment and prevention of many diseases such as cardiovascular, disorders of the liver, of metabolic processes. Porridge made from this product is recommended for children to enrich the body with beneficial vitamins, minerals, will help to prevent parasites. In order to learn more about the benefits of pumpkin seeds and most vegetables – see the video: