Physical therapy for degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine
The displacement of the vertebrae and the formation of growths on them causes pain of different localization. As a result of chondrosis occurs pain in the heart area and hands, dizziness, and subsequently more uncomfortable sensations and lead to the development of serious diseases. For the treatment and prevention of osteoarthritis is carried out physiotherapy.
Exercises with cervical osteochondrosis
When disease of the neck grows fibrous and bone tissue of the vertebrae in place, occurs by displacement of the artery, which stimulates the development of other pathologies: spinal protrusion, cerebral ischemia, etc. to Start the therapeutic procedure after confirmation of the diagnosis by a doctor. Only a qualified technician is able to determine the cause of the disease and to select appropriate methods of treatment.
As to stimulate the emergence of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine is capable of a variety of factors (hormonal, mechanical, vascular), treatment may vary and include a variety of techniques. The main goals of treatment of diseases is the elimination of pain and the inflammatory process. Indispensable extent of traditional and folk medicine is the therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis.
The benefits of physical therapy
The systematic repetition of exercise in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine provide the following positive effects:
- improving the blood supply to the cervical-thoracic;
- the strengthening of the muscle corset back;
- improvement of mobility of the spine;
- recovery of pinched nerves;
- reduce the pain;
- the increase in the amplitude of movements of the neck, shoulders, pelvis.
How to do gymnastics
There are some rules to perform medical gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. During the class, follow these requirements:
- facilities to run physical education should be ventilated;
- you should train on soft (non-slip) Mat;
- Physical therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical is held in comfortable, loose clothing;
- the load should be increased gradually;
- movements are performed without jerks, slowly and smoothly;
- exercises for the neck is held in parallel with the respiratory;
- if you experience pain, tension or relaxation changes the power exercise;
- during physical therapy with cervical osteochondrosis you need to control your own pulse, keeping it in norm;
- the program of study is selected by the doctor.
Exercises for cervical spine
To speed up the healing process, engaged in therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. With the help of special simple exercises is to restore mobility of the vertebrae. However, one medical gymnastics for the treatment of degenerative disc disease of the neck is sometimes not enough, so the doctor may prescribe taking medication and implementation of physiological procedures or even surgery. The sooner you start to do physical therapy, the more chances to cure the disease without surgery.
The statistical feature of physical education is the maximum muscle tension, which occurs due to the impact on the vertebrae. The following set of exercises recommended for the people who have osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. With the help of physical training can increase the flexibility of the neck, to increase circulation of the spine, to restore damaged nervous tissue.
- Sit on a hard surface, align the back of your neck and turn your head to the right. Exhaling, slowly lower the head, as if trying to look back down. On the inhale, relax and return the body to its original position. Repeat also to the left side (only 7-8 times).
- Stand up straight, put your hands over the top, bend your elbows and slide of the brush on the sides. Try to strain your back when mixing blades. Hold the tense muscles for 3-5 seconds. Make 6-7 approaches.
- Sit up straight, try to touch the chin to the chest. Hands to put pressure on the back of the head and neck to provide resistance to movement. Are in a static voltage 8-10 seconds, then relax, his fingers on your forehead and relax the neck. Repeat the exercise three times from osteoarthritis.
- Exactly SEV, strain the neck and, with effort, make the head tilt to the left, trying to touch ear to shoulder. On the inhale, you should take the starting position, then repeat movement in the opposite direction. Field tilt your head back, hold this position for 3 seconds. On the exhale turn your head forward, staying stationary as much. Relax and repeat the exercise on all sides three more times.
Physical therapy includes dynamic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis. To perform them characterized by alternating tension and relaxation of muscle fibers. Physical therapy for degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine involves performing these exercises:
- Stand on tiptoe, hands up. Rotten back to look at the palm of your hand, while you take your arms out to the sides. After you rest your palms on your knees and do Bouncing squats. Exhaling, try to touch head to knees. Repeat the steps 5 times.
- Lie on your stomach, inhale the rotten back and lift up your hands as high as possible. In this case you need to look on the brush. After 5 seconds return to the body initial position, relax your muscles, and do 5 approaches. If in the course of the exercise there pain, stop the exercise.
- Become straight, hands pull forward. In turn breed them in different directions and mix, keeping the cervical spine is tight and the back straight. Repeat 10 times.
- Sitting or standing, slowly turn your head to the side, stopping at the point is a couple of seconds. Do 10 turns.
Physical therapy for degenerative disc disease of the cervical requires to run at regular intervals, otherwise you will not see the expected therapeutic effect. Start charging for your neck every day. Gymnastics in osteochondrosis occurs in the morning, so during the day the patient felt no discomfort associated with the neck. Some exercises you can do without getting out of bed. Recommended complex of exercises for morning exercises:
- Lie on your right side and take your head from the pillow, holding it for a couple of seconds. Do 5 lifts on each side.
- Turn over on your stomach, hands positioned on the occipital region of the head. Begin to lift the head, overcoming the resistance of hands. Do 5-7 repetitions.
- Lie on your back, removing the pillow. Push the back of his head on the bed surface, straining the neck. Stay tense for 5 seconds, after relax.
- Bend your knees, pressing them to his chest. Start to reach for the knees with the forehead. Perform action 10 times.
Regular perform this procedure, physical therapy can eliminate the initial degree of instability of the vertebrae, to prevent the development of disease and its exacerbation. The only contraindication to exercise is stretching of the neck. To avoid negative consequences, make exercise gently, avoiding sudden movements, otherwise you may worsen your condition. The set of exercises it is recommended to check with your doctor.
Results physical therapy
Physical therapy for degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine can improve mobility of the vertebrae, due to what will be the symptoms of the disease. What kind of results to expect from physical therapy:
- improving blood supply to the brain;
- bringing the neck and back muscles to normal, thereby improving posture;
- increase range of motion;
- restoration of the nerves;
- the improvement of vision.