Extirpation of uterus with appendages
The women that have been diagnosed, which requires removal of the uterus with appendages, sees that the world is crumbling. Anxiety, fears. How to change the life? What about appearance? How the operation will affect sexual life? Let’s try to understand this situation.
What is a hysterectomy
In gynecology, the holding of such surgery is prescribed to save the woman’s life when a serious diagnosis. Before you decide, the doctors weigh the pros and cons. Extirpation of the uterus with appendages – the operation of removing the uterus together with the cervix, fallopian tubes and the ovaries. After it occurs a hormonal imbalance, a woman loses fertility. She gets psychological trauma, which may not always be able to cope.
Indications for removal of the uterus and appendages
Gynecologists, assigning the operation, pay attention to the woman. Removal of the uterus after 50 years, from the point of view of psychology, is less traumatic. A woman past child-bearing age. Until menopause, try not to remove the ovaries. Surgery is necessary when it is life. Indications are:
- prolonged uterine bleeding;
- cancer of the female genital organs;
- uterine fibroids large size;
- injuries to the uterus;
- prolapse, prolapse of the genitals;
- the active growth of uterine fibroids in menopause.
Preparation for surgery hysterectomy
It all starts with the collection of tests and examinations. When planning the removal of the ovaries and uterus, do:
- common tests;
- checking the blood for the presence of sexually transmitted diseases;
- a colonoscopy – examination of the cervix, vaginal walls for the presence of tumors, cysts;
- a biopsy and take a swab;
- cytological and biopsy tissue;
- the survey, eliminating inflammation in the body.
After it becomes clear that the woman is ready for hysterectomy with appendages, carry out the following procedure:
- prepare donor blood;
- put enema to cleanse the bowel;
- install the catheter for removal of urine;
- consulted a vascular surgeon;
- when the probability of blood clots in veins of the lower limb impose tight bandage elastic bandage;
- give medicines.
How is a hysterectomy and how long
Surgery is performed using General anesthesia. The process is complex, and its execution takes several hours. Depending on the volume of intervention, are different:
- extirpation – removal of the uterus with the cervix;
- supravaginal amputation of the uterus without removal of the cervix;
- panhysterectomy – removal of the uterus with appendages;
- extended operation of removing the uterus with appendages is additionally removed lymph nodes and pelvic tissue.
Depending on the complexity of the situation and diagnosis, the operation is performed in different ways. Distinguish types of surgical intervention:
- Laparoscopic extirpation. Is carried out when the fibroids are small in size. Removal of the uterus laparoscopically carried out with special equipment. In the abdominal wall, make a few holes, through which the introduced tools. Laparoscopy allows you to quickly recover after surgery.
- Vaginal hysterectomy is done outside, through the vagina.
- Laparotomy is abdominal surgery is performed in difficult cases. The reason may be a large fibroid or a cancerous tumor. She is shown in situations where it is necessary to remove not only the uterus, prydatkov the organs and lymph nodes. The operation is performed through an incision of the anterior abdominal wall. It turns out a full inspection bodies. This is important when you cancer symptoms to determine the affected area. Look at the picture of the female reproductive organs.
The operation of removing the uterus causes hormonal issues in the body. To him especially sensitive women of young age dramatically because menopause occurs.
For the post-castration period, the typical symptoms:
- mood swings;
- chronic fatigue syndrome;
- the tides;
After hysterectomy there is the cessation of menstruation, exclude childbearing. For young women this is a huge psychological problem, they begin to feel inferior. There is a decrease in libido, pain during sex. In the absence of psychological support, there are serious problems in the relationship. After operations associated with cancerous lesions, it is not excluded disability.
The operation is very serious, so posthysterectomy period likely the occurrence of complications. There are problems with the vessels, the formation of blood clots. In addition, can be:
- the formation of hematomas;
- adhesions after surgery;
- injuries of adjacent organs during surgery.
Life after removal of uterus
To have women well-being was not depressed needed the support of loved ones. Sometimes is required an appeal to the psychologist. It is important to remember that after hysterectomy does not end life. Will the recovery period, you need to pass inspection at the gynecologist. To resolve the problems associated with the menopause, he will prescribe replacement hormone therapy (HRT). It may be a new generation of gel or patch that contains estradiol. The cost of drugs is acceptable.
The postoperative period
It is important to start treatment immediately after surgery. Prescribe analgesia, the use of vaginal plugs, infusion therapy – dropper with special solutions. In addition, there are recommendations:
- start early activization;
- daily processing of seams;
- have to wear bandage;
- to perform exercises of physiotherapy.
Often after surgery, for several weeks, there is a selection. These phenomena are not dangerous, are the norm. May have inflammatory processes. You should consult the doctor in case selection:
- with pus, have an unpleasant odor;
- abundant, as during menses, color bright red;
- bloody with clots;
What can I eat after surgery
Immediately after surgery, is assigned a diet that triggers the bowels. After the operation there is a change in hormonal levels, women begin to gain weight. You need to follow the diet:
- eat more fruits, vegetables;
- main meal until lunch;
- exclude flour and sweet;
- to arrange fasting days;
- to drink more water.
To recover quickly after the operation, you should perform a number of activities. You need more rest, not to overload themselves with work. Welcome a long sleep, walking on air. In addition, rehabilitation involves:
- psychological recovery;
- exercises physiotherapy;
- prevention of inflammatory processes.
An important issue is the sexual life after hysterectomy. Recommend it to cease after the surgery for 8 weeks. After this period, the sex depends on careful attention to you partner. Some possible problems:
- a decrease of sexual desire;
- pain during the act;
- the difficulty to relax;
- lack of orgasm;
The operation of removing the uterus has less discomfort if it occurs at the time of menopause. A woman already knows what is menopause and how to survive. Worse for young, because in the body there are very drastic changes. Sudden menopause causes:
- the tides;
- emotional instability;
- disorders of the heart and blood vessels.
Radiation after removal of the uterus
To prevent further formation of cancer cells, after cancer surgery radiation therapy is appointed. It is combined with droppers – effect on the cells of chemicals. Irradiation can be internal and external. In the first case, the catheter with the radiation source. External – is carried out outside, through a healthy tissue. Treatments have unpleasant side effects – nausea, vomiting, hair loss.
Zoe, 53 years:With the beginning of menopause with great speed began to grow fibroids. All this was accompanied by bleeding, too low hemoglobin – I felt absolutely terrible. When scheduled for surgery, calmed down, that everything will end soon. The recovery went very quickly and without complications. Children and husband supported me. Women, don’t be afraid of the operation!
Anastasia, 35 years:When I was told I have cancer and need a hysterectomy – it seemed that life was over. Cried for a week. Was afraid that husband finds out, and over our family life. He was very upset, especially because we have a daughter still small. Just said we can fight this together. Went through chemo, hair fell out, but I am alive. Surgery is a must!
Anna 42 years:Not to tell you that I felt that I was diagnosed with uterine cancer and recommended surgery amputation. I’m not a woman? Too old? I have a young man – that, and sex will no longer be? Thanks, gynecologist explained everything. Now it’s over. Was the recovery after surgery. The sex became even steeper. Treat surgery safer.