How to treat lymph nodes in the neck
Increase in neck lymph nodes – lymphadenitis, they are always signals about the beginning of inflammatory process. This happens on the background of colds, including long, with a sharp decrease in immunity. It is important to treat the lymph nodes in the neck, so as not to face even more serious consequences.
Why increase and inflamed lymph nodes in the neck
Undergoing active attack of pathogenic viruses and bacteria, the body may not be able to cope with them. The immune system fails, and lymph nodes begin to increase. Be the process can be very fast: in a few hours the lymph nodes in the neck may swell to the size of quail eggs. Lymph glands in the neck are close to the head, brain, which is fraught with very negative consequences for the movement of the infection.
All pathogens the flow of lymph is delivered to the node, where the destruction of viruses. With a weakened immune system, lymph nodes can not cope with the workload starting to increase in size due to overloading and inflammation. Factors influencing the increase in neck lymph nodes:
- bacterial infectious inflammation of the throat, mouth, sore throat, abscess;
- purulent swelling of the inner ear – otitis media;
- influenza, pneumonia (right, left, bilateral);
- changes of the endocrine organs, most often the thyroid gland;
- frequent, uncontrolled consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Symptoms, which will help to understand that lymph nodes in the neck in the stage of inflammation:
- pain and discomfort in the area from the chin to the ears;
- the appearance of bumps in areas where lymph nodes
- difficulty turning the head;
- the body temperature increase to 37.8 C;
- General weakness, quick fatigue, accompanied by severe headache.
What kind of doctor treats lymph nodes
To identify the source of the infection and how to treat lymph nodes in the neck, below the result of the recovery as soon as possible, you need to go first to the therapist. Conducting a tactile examination of the submandibular region on the right and left, a number of laboratory studies of blood, the doctor for their results, can determine the diagnosis of lymphadenopathy. Upon the occurrence of a more serious situations than the usual expected cold, it is recommended that consultation of the immunologist, infectious diseases specialist, endocrinologist, otolaryngologist, oncologist.
How to treat lymphadenitis in the neck
The correct approach to the question of how to treat lymphadenitis, determines the time spent on the restoration of health. The comprehensive treatment prescribed after a detailed examination and an accurate diagnosis will bring more benefits. The time during which the value of the lymph node will return to normal depends on the severity of the disease and the period elapsed from the moment the first symptoms. It is important to remove the cause that provoked the inflammation of lymph nodes in the neck.
In order to stop the rate of infection, the doctor prescribes antibiotics of the tetracycline group of broad influence, sold in a pharmacy on prescription. Treatment requires at least two weeks. For treatment are well established antibiotics in the inflammation of the lymph nodes of the neck:
- The resorption of the.
- The Ceftriaxone.
Auxiliary drugs to enhance the effect of antibiotics, a healthcare professional must prescribe:
2. Antihistamines reduce the risk of allergic reaction:
3. Immunomodulatory agent to increase the resistance to disease:
- Echinacea tincture.
- Tincture of ginseng.
- The Siberian ginseng.
4. Vitamin complexes, with the obligatory inclusion of vitamin C, minerals to sustain immunity.
How to treat inflammation of the lymph nodes with the help of physiotherapy, supposed to tell the doctor. Strictly prohibited any actions with the warming effect of the neck. When the temperature in the lymph nodes there is an active infection, which can result in blood poisoning. For the treatment of inflamed enlarged lymph nodes in the neck, you do not have cancer of the prerequisites, will fit the following procedure:
- laser radiation.
Folk remedies and herbs
There are many ways how to treat lymph nodes in the neck with the help of traditional medicine in combination with medicines. Here are some recipes that give a good result at home use:
- The leaves of yarrow grind and add a little honey. To apply as an ointment to enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. Additionally, you can take daily one spoon juice of this plant.
- The herbs of chamomile, mint, calendula, pour hot water and infuse. To use for drinking and gargling.
- Decoction of the plant Echinacea taken every day, will give strength and accelerate recovery. Dried root 6 tablespoons fill with water (500 ml) and bring to a boil over low heat.
- Goldenseal has antiseptic property that helps to cure a swollen lymph gland on the neck. The plant in the ground state (one teaspoon) pour boiling water (one glass) – norm for the day. It is recommended to follow the advice in parallel to drink milk products.
- In equal proportions to take dried calendula flowers, herb wormwood, black currant leaves a total of 3 tablespoons that pour 1.5 liters of boiling water. Present the drink to drink as a tonic tea.
- Horsetail at the rate of one teaspoon per 230 ml boiling water and infuse until the herb settles to the bottom. Drink several times per day to 2 teaspoons if you increase the neck lymph nodes.
What to do if inflamed lymph node on the neck of a child
Children who have not yet formed a solid immune system in the body, lymphadenitis sick more often than adults. At the first sign of inflammation of the neck should immediately visit a medical facility, not forgetting the condition that warm lymph nodes is prohibited. The doctor, after inspecting, prompt, than to treat the lymph nodes in the neck of the child. It is important not to miss the initial stage of the disease. The main reason that can trigger inflammation of lymph nodes of neck, frequent sore throats, tonsillitis, delayed treatment of dental caries.
Prevention of the disease
Knowledge of how to treat enlarged lymph nodes in the neck is good, but it is better to prevent the occurrence of dangerous diseases, by observing preventive measures. This requires simple but effective methods to improve the immune system by hardening of the body, eating sufficient amounts of vegetables, fruits, which contain vitamins, especially C and group B.
Avoiding hypothermia regardless of the time of year, it is possible to reduce the risk of colds. Inflammation of the lymph nodes of the neck can be avoided if not to ignore regular check-up with an attentive examination of experts in different fields, which will help to identify incipient disease at an early stage. In these cases the treatment will take place quickly, with a good outcome, without complications associated with lymphadenitis of the neck.