First aid for stroke
It is very important in stroke to give the man first aid. It is necessary in order to prevent the development in the brain of irreversible processes. This aid should be provided in the first 3 hours. In this case, there is a chance that the outcome of the situation will be favorable. Below you will find instructions on what to do when stroke.
How to identify a stroke
Under such medical concept as a stroke, hiding the violation of the functions of the brain, is fleeting in nature. The reason for this failure is a violation of blood supply due to ischemia, the blockage of blood vessels or the presence of blood clots or atherosclerotic plaques. As a result of a stroke becomes cell death. The affected area can not function properly, so one side of the body may be paralyzed. Before rendering first aid in case of stroke have the characteristic features to determine the type of this condition.
Threat is not only a stroke but a condition that precedes it. The lack of first aid even in this case, it often leads to consequences that lead to the same health problems. Signs of pre-stroke conditions are:
- severe headache;
- a sharp increase or decrease in blood pressure;
- the ringing sensation in the ears;
- blurred vision;
- flashing «flies» in the eyes;
- palpitations, shortness of breath;
- the appearance of the «curve» of a smile;
- strong rush of blood to face;
- speech disorders;
- numbness of an arm or leg;
- the surrounding objects are seen reddish.
The symptoms of stroke in humans
First aid for a stroke depends on its type. This disease can be:
- Ischemic. It is noted in 75% of cases and is also called a cerebral infarction. Cause is the violation of the passage of blood through the arteries due to narrowing of the walls or blockage. After this stroke of paralysis are observed, are difficult to treat.
- Hemorrhagic. Is a brain hemorrhage. Observed in the rupture of a blood vessel. The cause is often physical and emotional exhaustion.
Symptoms that indicate each of the 2 types of stroke, different. Signs of ischemic stroke is increasing gradually and may even appear for a few days. The person then begins to feel:
- weakness and weakness in one side of the body;
- blurred vision;
- speech disorders;
- gradual numbness of the limbs;
- brain fog;
- nausea and vomiting.
Otherwise, manifested itself hemorrhagic stroke. It appears suddenly due to rupture of the vessel walls at high pressure on them. Often the patient begins to feel a headache at the end of the day, which is accompanied by nausea. Then all the surrounding objects begin to see the reddish. In addition to these the first symptoms of stroke in humans may experience:
- loss of orientation;
- the distortion of the language;
- rare and hard pulse;
- increased salivation;
- a sharp increase in temperature and pressure;
- the emergence of sweat on the forehead;
- light stun;
- sudden loss of consciousness;
- noisy breathing with wheezing;
- paralysis on one side of the body;
- involuntary movement of healthy limbs;
- a strong pulse in the neck;
- deviations glass the side of the lesion.
In areas of the brain where there is no blood flow, neurons are killed within 10 minutes. If the blood supply to less than 30%, this time increases to 1 hour. If the percentage is in the range from 30 to 40%, for 3-6 hours, the neurons can be restored. For this reason, first aid for stroke must be given within 3 hours of onset of this condition. Otherwise avoid irreversible changes in the brain.
Doctors still increase the so called therapeutic window for first aid-4.5 hours. This is the maximum period that a person can be without thrombolytic therapy. Within 6 hours there are still those among the dead cells from ischemia which can be restored when the condition of returning them a normal blood supply. Even under this condition, the first medical aid at acute heart failure, and stroke still requires at least 3 hours.
Individual and effective first aid in case of stroke is bleeding. The procedure is a punctures on the fingers. When the patient noted the curvature of the mouth, can the same be done on the earlobes, pre-pomassirovti them to redness. You can do it after major events first aid, especially if the victim has not regained consciousness. The sequence of actions is this:
- disinfect the needle with fire, holding it over the flame;
- make 10 punctures on the tips of the fingers around the fingernails of the victim;
- squeeze your finger, if the blood has not flowed;
- wait until blood will come out of everyone’s fingers – the patient should Wake up.
What to do when microstroke
The official medical term, as lie does not exist. This concept is called condition, when disturbed cerebral blood flow. Most often it is seen only for a few minutes and just try to live through during the day. In addition to dizziness, headache, nausea, General weakness stroke manifests itself other features:
- sensitivity to loud sound and bright light;
- the decrease in visual acuity.
- hearing or speech;
- problems with blood pressure;
To check a person on a small stroke you can just asking him to raise his hands: one of them will be lower than the other. When such symptoms call an ambulance and provide emergency assistance according to the following algorithm:
- Lay the person in the bed, putting his head under a few pillows.
- Free neck of unnecessary clothing or accessories, to ensure the normal breathing and circulation.
- Open the Windows for air flow.
- Do not take any medications, especially to expand the blood vessels.
- Ensure warm feet of the victim with the help of hot water bottles and blankets.
- Constantly bring a person to senses, if he loses consciousness.
- With the appearance of vomiting to clean the mouth from the precipitated masses.
In ischemic stroke
First, immediately call the neurological emergency team, telling them about the suspected stroke. Then focus entirely on the victim, performing the following steps:
- Lay the patient so that the head and shoulders were raised. The angle should be about 30 degrees.
- With the help of cotton wool soaked in wine vinegar or ammonia, you bring the patient in feeling.
- Don’t let the language of the patient to sink – keep breathing.
- Restrict any medications, except glycine, or piracetam.
- Every half hour sprashivayte face and neck with cold water.
- Using a soft brush or towel RUB the limbs and body of the victim.
- Ensure the feet of the person warm with a heating pad covered with a blanket.
First aid for hemorrhagic stroke is almost the same technique as the ischemic, but has its own nuances. It is important to provide it very quickly, because this kind of disease is rapid development, resulting in a large risk of consequences, dangerous to life, and even death. For this reason first aid measures from a stroke needs to be urgent. Do them in the following order:
- Put the patient on the bed, on the floor or ground with raised shoulders and head.
- Provide to the victim rest and complete immobilization.
- Clear or undo all compressive garments to breath very well.
- If you have dentures in their mouth, remove them.
- Head slightly tilt to the side.
- Clean the mouth from vomiting using natural fabrics, such as gauze.
- Any cool product attach to the side of the head, in which there is numbness.
- Keep warm feet of the victim.
- RUB the limbs with a mixture of 1 part alcohol and 2 parts oil.
Emergency ambulance assistance
To call an ambulance needed at the first sign of a stroke. Upon arrival, doctors carried out a complex of measures aimed at restoring or maintaining respiratory and cardiac arrest. Emergency treatment of stroke have medicines. Today often became in practice increasingly used 1% Semax, which is included in the installation of ambulance crews. In addition, medication in the form of droplets affected by stroke can introduce drugs intravenously, for example, Nootropil and Cerebrolysin. After that, the patient hospitalitynet.