Exercises with osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
Therapeutic exercises for spine useful for any form of degenerative disc disease, including lumbar. Regular exercises help slow down or completely stop the erase process of the intervertebral discs. Only at each stage of the disease need to do some gymnastics. About them and will be discussed below.
How does gymnastics for the spine
If you have problems with the spine are hugely influenced by the exercise. In conjunction with a diet and a good rest it gives good results, performing the following important functions:
- develops and strengthens the muscles which hold the spine;
- returns to the normal position of intervertebral discs;
- splits the salt in the joints and prevents their further formation;
- aging of intervertebral discs;
- contributes to the development of interarticular fluid;
- makes cartilage, intervertebral discs and articular bags more elastic supplies them.
Treatment of degenerative disc disease of the lumbosacral spine
Charging osteochondrosis suspends the process of reducing the distance between the discs of the spine and helps to relieve spasms and relax tense muscles. In General, it addresses all the changes that were caused by degenerative disc disease. To all exercises presented a few General requirements:
- to perform the exercise regularly and not just when the pain became unbearable;
- before you start to ventilate the room;
- do not eat half an hour after a workout;
- with the appearance of pain syndrome to adjust the load or to completely cancel exercise;
- perform exercises slowly while breathing out;
- the load to increase gradually.
Is classified as therapeutic gymnastics
The main problem of any degenerative disc disease, including lumbar is the intensity, which bring only suffering. Physiotherapy in this case is one of the main ways that improves the mobility of the lower back and strengthen her muscles. There is a special classification, because in every period of the disease shows different load: it is recommended to start with the easiest exercises and gradually increase. Physical therapy in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is divided into the following groups:
- First. Includes a simple exercise, and therefore used in osteochondrosis severe stage. Especially indicated for patients of advanced age.
- Second. Based on gymnastics, which is slightly harder than the previous group. Recommended for implementation in the subacute period, when the pains became weaker.
- Third. Exercises in this group require little physical exertion, which is shown in the first stage of degenerative disc disease or in the recovery period for final recovery. People at this stage should not experience pain.
Exercises with osteochondrosis
To determine the set of exercises with osteochondrosis of the spine only by the doctor. In self selection in the home condition of effectiveness is the absence of pain: when it appears better to stop training. Among the basic exercises for degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine you can do the following:
- Dog pulling. Lean on your knees, spread your legs a little. Start to lean forward and move the hands until the body will not be parallel to the floor, forehead touches the floor. Press the chest toward the floor, using five accounts raise it, and ten take its original position.
- Animal skiing. Rest comfortably on your back, pull your legs to your chest and leave it free hand at shoulder level. Try to move your hips to one side, carefully rearranging them and head to another. There must be a sense of stretching of the spine.
Simple exercises for lower back
At the first stage of gymnastics with lumbar degenerative disc disease can include the following exercises:
- Lying on the couch, hold hands behind back, stretch and hold the pose. Repeat several cycles.
- With bent legs, hugging one knee, pull it toward you and back. Do 10 reps, change leg.
- Without changing position, straighten one leg and do 4-5 swings up and down. Repeat with the other leg.
- Again, keep your knee bent, lift the pelvis and will stay so for a couple of seconds.
- Stand up, slowly stretch up, and then lean with his hands down, shake them.
Therapeutic exercises for the spine medium difficulty
When the pain subsides, shown to do the following exercises with osteochondrosis of the lumbar:
- Do the last exercise from the first group.
- Without changing the position, make the body turns to the right and to the left so that the hands went back.
- Straighten up, put your hands on the waist, and do 5 tilts to the side and front to back.
- Make five circular motions clockwise and back, but only the upper part of the body.
- Repeat the rotation in a lower part of the body.
- Take the emphasis on his knees, Vegemite the back, as does the cat.
Complicated exercises for the back
The most difficult exercise in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine following:
- Take a seat on the floor, taking a pose lying on the back. Lift and hold for about 10 seconds straight leg.
- Maintaining the position, in turn, shift both feet to the sides.
- Then imitate the walk in small steps in the air.
- Finish the exercise in this position, perform a cross movement of the legs, that is «Scissors».
- Lie on your stomach, lift your upper torso, hands clasped behind his head. Repeat 10 times.
- Sit down, legs spread to the sides, bend alternately to each.
- Finish the exercises relaxing exercise that includes the first group.
Video: exercises for pain in lower back
Natalia, 35 years:Exercise in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine to perform the necessary. I only saved them. The gym has a few differences from a simple charging which is recommended to run this morning, but the effect on spine are enormous. However the effect is not immediate. I have only six months later, the pain in the lower back.
Tatyana, 29 years: Sedentary work a bad influence on my spine. Increasingly began to hurt back. Went to the reception appointed x-ray. The doctor diagnosed low back pain, said intervertebral discs were erased. Until advised to treat with diet and exercise. While I perform the exercises of the first group. She began to feel better in a month.
Constantine, 45 years:By profession I am a trucker, so all life behind the wheel, but my back doesn’t hurt. I know that for the spine sedentary work uncomfortable, so even in the car trying to do any kind of warm-up which have enough space. Across sometimes still hurts, but preventive examination found no abnormalities. The doctor praised for gymnastics.