Dysbacteriosis in infants
Recently, the dysbacteriosis is manifested in 80% of newborns. Pediatricians believe that this phenomenon largely is due to the late applying of the child to the mother’s breast. Infection same maternity hospitals resistant strains of pathogens creates the background to populate the intestines of children with atypical agents.
What is the dysbiosis
Imbalance of the intestinal microflora in infants is a very mysterious phenomenon. Doctors often claim that such a diagnosis does not exist, and dysbiosis can only be defined as the symptom complex. However, incorrectly established breastfeeding together with the use of artificial mixtures can provoke the development of secondary immunodeficiency in newborns.
It should also be said that the dysbiosis in babies often occurs in the reception means of antibacterial therapy. Antibiotics are often administered to newborns born as a result of prolonged childbirth, which was accompanied by a long waterless period. As a result of dysbiosis intestinal microflora of the infant is shifted in favour of harmful or pathogenic elements which parasitize useful bifidobacteria and lactobacilli.
How does dysbiosis in children: the first signs and symptoms
A baby who is breastfed has the right to any chair up to 6 months. Any violations of the intestinal microflora is often dealt with nutrition of the mother, so at the sight of the frothy green stool parents should not worry and complain about «another» dysbiosis in infants. In this case, the mother you just need to reconsider your diet.
It is important to note that the presence of white lumps of undigested in the stool of the child is absolutely normal. Of course the full colonization of the intestine with beneficial bacteria in neonates occurs up to months of age, so parents should be patient to wait until the end of the setup stage the intestine of the baby. Symptoms of dysbiosis in infants are as follows:
- irregularity – diarrhea;
- the presence in the faeces green and mucus;
- foamy stool with putrid smell;
- frequent regurgitation;
- allergic rash on the body of the baby.
Dysbacteriosis in newborns often develop due to the infection by Staphylococcus aureus, which infected almost all of the domestic hospital. To protect against this pathogen dysbiosis is almost impossible in the hospital. For this reason it is so important immediately after the birth of a baby to try to apply it to the chest. In addition to the above, there are other reasons that can lead to dysbacteriosis in infants:
- premature transition to artificial feeding;
- birth injuries in the newborn;
- the use by the breastfeeding mother antibiotics or hormones;
- the pathology of the intestine of the infant;
- insufficient fermentation;
- weakened immunity due to prematurity of the newborn;
- intrauterine infection.
Shape and degree of development of the disease
Dysbacteriosis in infants can be caused by a variety of pathogenic microorganisms. However, it is necessary to consider the state of children’s immune system. Early applying of the newborn to the breast will provide a vital immunoglobulins that prevent the development of intestinal dysbiosis. Unformed body of a child is a wonderful haven for pathogenic agents, so it’s important to arrange timely receipt by the infant of maternal antibodies.
Dysbiosis of the child may occur in the form of candidiasis, aspergillosis, staphylococcal infection. Each of the above pathogens is a persistent decline in the immune response of the body. Learn about the etiology of the changes of the intestinal microflora of the infant from the interpretation of the results of the analyses performed in the course of diagnostic procedures. In addition to shapes, it is accepted to allocate and the degree of dysbiosis:
- 1 the degree of pathology characterized by a satisfactory state of the baby. Thus the newborn can be observed: colorless feces, flatulence, unstable weight gain.
- 2 the degree of dysbiosis has a similar clinic, but in addition to the above symptoms, the baby appears colicky abdominal pain. Fecal tests identify the presence of Staphylococcus, yeast-like fungi.
- 3rd degree is caused by increase pain. The stool of a newborn acquire a greenish color and putrid smell. The immune system is lowered, you experience the symptoms of anemia.
- 4 the degree of violation of the intestinal microflora in infants is accompanied by severe symptoms. Intoxication causes headaches, fever.
How to test for intestinal dysbiosis
Diarrhea of the newborn during breastfeeding are often concerned about responsive parents. However, if this phenomenon is not accompanied by other symptoms of dysbiosis, you should not worry. With the appearance of other warning signs of dysbiosis in the baby adults should consult a specialist who will prescribe the necessary diagnostic measures. Many parents are interested in the question of how to collect the stool specimen in infants. For this procedure, you must follow the following rules:
- Before stool should put the baby in a clean diaper.
- Next is to trigger the bowel with the help of a light massage of the tummy of the baby.
- When the act of defecation came to an end, you need to collect the feces of infants for analysis of intestinal dysbiosis in a sterile container.
- The biomaterial to be delivered to the laboratory within 3-4 hours after harvesting.
How to treat goiter in infants
In the treatment of intestinal dysbiosis in babies is not necessary to hope that the drugs will instantly eliminate all the problems. Treatment of dysbacteriosis in children must begin with correct nutrition of the mother: from its balance largely depends on normal work of the intestine of the baby. Children under one year of age and older should get to eat only high-quality natural products without harmful impurities. Proper diet for nursing mothers with dysbiosis have her baby includes the use of:
- lean meats (rabbit, veal);
- dairy products;
- natural juices and green tea.
In addition to restrictions for mom, of course infants given oral various drugs designed to provide the normal level of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Most specialists in the treatment of dysbiosis use of bacteriophages, however, the medical literature is ambiguous to interpret this approach in the treatment of children, due to the viral nature of the bacteriophages themselves. Except for these funds when dysbacteriosis in infants, it is recommended to use:
- the enterosorbent (Enterosgel, White coal);
- probiotics (Bifikol, Linex);
- prebiotics (lactose, fructose);
- folk remedies (saline enema).
Dysbacteriosis at the child can be prevented only with well established breastfeeding. A role in the prevention of violations of the intestinal microflora of the infant is given to the health of the mother, so before planning a pregnancy a woman should cure all your ills. Feed the baby until 7-8 months only breast milk. With the introduction of complementary foods to infants is necessary for them to choose the least allergenic foods, does not provoke the development of dysbiosis.