How to cope with depression
Have you noticed that the most joyful and carefree people are children. They can enjoy every moment, love yourself and others as they are, and can treat everything with an open mind. But, for some reason, growing up, people begin to accumulate negativity within yourself, to hang the burden of cares, worries, anxieties, and fears. Against the backdrop of negative feelings and thoughts, the whole world turns into something dull and sad, but the reality seems gray and dull. And when I want to give it up and let it go, you have to find the strength, and to understand what is connected with your feelings, how to overcome depression and learn to smile again, be happy and radiate positive emotions. Talk about depression and other mental disorders.
What is depression and how is it manifested?
Depression is a serious psychological disorder, which is often found in people in the modern world. To feel the inner experiences can people in any conscious age, but range from 20 to 50 years old are particularly prone to various nervous disorders. It should be noted that women are more likely to suffer from depression than men, often dripping in itself, closed and sensitive to adverse environmental factors. Not incidentally, considered to be women’s gentle, timid and vulnerable creatures.
Different people depression can manifest in different ways, but there are typical signs of psychological depression, for example:
- sad, sad mood;
- pessimistic mood;
- fatigue, lethargy;
- unsociable and isolation;
- the presence of thoughts of suicide;
- loss of appetite or the opposite, constant overeating);
- anxiety, irritability;
- loss of interest in favorite things and activities;
- decrease of sexual desire;
- headaches, disorders of the GASTROINTESTINAL tract, insomnia;
- alienation, an «empty» eyes.
Symptoms of depression in women can manifest itself in challenging times, such as during pregnancy, when a happy event continually oppressing poor health or health problems, also during menopause, when a woman abruptly and hormonal changes, the woman feels inferior and useless. To survive the depression will be easier if your friends and family will be there.
Causes of depression
Why a person develops depression, is not fully understood, however it is possible to determine with accuracy the factors that leave an imprint on the psychological well-being. All the circumstances can be divided into three categories: psychological, biological and social factors.
Biological or genetic factor, plays an important role in the formation of personality and psychological state of the person. If close relatives have been burdened with constant depression or other psychosomatic disorders, there is an option that your inner subconscious mind will also be issuing a storm of bad emotions and feelings. In addition to heredity, there are some biological reasons:
- Changes in the structure of the brain as a result of neurological or physical trauma to the head;
- Failures in the endocrine system;
- Critical hormonal mess;
- Chronological factors, such as seasonal depression, periodic fluctuations in psychological States.
Depression is most often associated with the psychological factor, because the life of an adult is filled with not only UPS but also downs, which, unfortunately, not many people can take safely.
- Fears, anxiety, phobias, panic attacks;
- Long-term fatigue, fatigue, lack of energy;
- Lack of sleep;
- Mental and emotional overload;
- Psychological trauma: loss of a loved one, family breakdown, severe disease;
- Children’s psychological trauma: drastic measures of education, lack of affection from parents;
- Low self-esteem, constant reproaches and discontent from others.
But, it’s not all psychological factors that can drive the person into depression. After all, someone else’s soul is a mystery, and each in his own way perceives one or another circumstance. Someone can for years and decades to endure the mental pain of losing a loved one, the other falls into depression, even for the smallest of life’s troubles and failures.
Not less common, and social factors that lead the person to deep depression, these include:
- The lack of social welfare, poverty;
- The loss of a job, failure in professional activity;
- Constant stress;
- Lack of friends or loved ones;
- A feeling of inferiority;
- The lack of family harmony;
- Unreasonable expectations and unfulfilled dreams.
To beat depression by yourself, without support, can be very difficult, but if you don’t want to spend the rest of my life, being in despair, sorrow and sadness, we need to take all the will in a fist and try to fix return to a happy life.
How to fight depression and apathy?
Fortunately, depression is very treatable disease. But, for some reason most people do not seek help, some are shy, others think that they have psychological problems. What to do when depression and apathy, will be able to suggest a qualified psychiatrist or psychotherapist. Your doctor may recommend you individual treatment of depression, medication with antidepressants and sedatives. These drugs are taken in a special mode, in a specific pattern and quite a long time. Most patients can return to normal in 3-6 months.
Sometimes, to relieve depression are advised to undergo a course of psychotherapy or electroconvulsive therapy, usually are ways to approach people with advanced form of psychological disorder, when there is danger to life and health. In case of planned or unsuccessfully committed suicide, the patient necessarily hospitalityat in a hospital, even without personal consent. In milder forms of depressive episodes suggested getting rid of depression at home.
If you visit the doctor, he concluded «depression», there are many tips on how to help yourself get out of depression. Many of the recommendations developed by psychologists of the highest level, so having tried them myself, you risk nothing, but on the contrary, will help to get rid of mental disorders.
So, some ways to treat depression on your own:
- Do not refuse the communication. Accept all invitations to visit, go with friends on vacation, the time will fly by imperceptibly when you constantly talk to and something to discuss with you nice people.
- Don’t need to take alcohol, drugs or other components stimulating the nervous system. If you think that it will be easier something to worry about, you are sadly mistaken, if on time you will be forgotten, then later your suffering and depressive symptoms will increase;
- Develop a relaxing routine. Organize a time to rest and sleep, turn on some of your favorite activities.
- Don’t forget to take care of themselves. As would be sad it was not, but to others you look like enclosed, dark man, with bags under the eyes. Do morning exercises, give yourself up, eat right, take a contrast shower.
- Put a goal for yourself is the best propulsion mechanism when you want the bad thoughts go by the wayside.
- Rejoice that we have. When the bad thoughts are winning, think, and if you feel bad, perhaps millions of people in worse situations, and yet not lose optimism.
- Remember what you loved to do, or some thing attracted you the most.
Often used in the treatment of depression in the home folk remedies. The most popular methods are the use of herbal decoctions, for example, St. John’s wort, chamomile, immortelle and birch buds.
In addition, take incendiary folk recipes, for example: morning tea with thyme, tutsan, yarrow and schisandra berry. Prepare it yourself, it will help to give you strength and strengthen the power of the spirit. Folk remedy for depression and anxiety recommend eating bananas when sad. Prepare a salad of banana, sprouted wheat grains, add the cinnamon and a spoonful of honey. Trapeznichayut and enjoy.
Remember that your life is a miracle, and to repeat it will fail, it is necessary to understand its value, you have to learn to enjoy life, not to abandon support for loved ones and as often as possible to give them their smiles! Believe that all will be well, if you look at the problem from the other side.
Other useful recommendations on how to overcome depression, see the video:
Be happy, you deserve it.