Signs and causes of cystitis in women
Cystitis is one of the most unpleasant diseases of the genitourinary system, which becomes infected and inflamed the mucous membrane of the bladder. Often faced with this disease women, because of physiological features of the structure of the channel of urination, it is much smaller and thicker than in men, and infection to get in there much easier. Cystitis is not dangerous for life, but due to the presence of unpleasant symptoms and severe pain in the abdomen, to live in the same rhythm becomes impossible. Let’s talk today, what is cystitis in women why it occurs what its symptoms and varieties.
Briefly about cystitis
Cystitis is an inflammatory disease of infectious nature. Infectious agents are most often bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus, streptococcal, Escherichia coli, Proteus and other microorganisms, most of whom live safely in our body and are usual residents in the rectum or in the skin microflora. Microorganisms enter through the urethra.
There are several varieties of the disease:
- Acute — stage disease, where it passes into the suppurative inflammation. This form of bacterial disease leads to a decrease in physical activity, restriction of personal needs, as well as violation of the usual rhythm of life.
- Hemorrhagic characterized by the excretion of hematuria (blood) in your urine. This so-called «cystitis with blood», this may highlight the different amount of blood in the urine may be pink or have a bright-brown or brown color, in severe cases the blood is excreted in the form of clots. On the background of the disease a person may develop iron deficiency anemia.
- Chronic diagnosed those patients whose relapse occurs less than 3 times a year, it is very often manifest clinical signs of disease. The cause of this cystitis often is an inflammation or disruption of the kidneys.
- Interstitial — inflammation of the bladder, not associated with the presence of infection, but with the characteristics and manifestations of cystitis. In this case, the urine test for the presence of bacterial infection, gives a negative result. To this day, the etiology of this disease is not clear, but usually this pathology are explained by insufficient protection of the mucosa of the bladder, the possible impact of toxic substances on the mucosa, or presence of congestive abnormalities (venous congestion in the urogenital plexus).
Causes of cystitis in women
To deal with the disease at any age, ranging from early childhood to old age. The main cause is a disorder of the microflora and further reproduction of pathogenic bacteria. In other cases, the infection is the result of getting sexually transmitted infection. It also occurs allergic and toxic cystitis, when the disease occurs as a result of the reaction of the body to the allergen or hypersensitivity to it. Even the use of conventional personal hygiene items like toilet paper, tampons or means of hygienic treatment, which is intolerable for a component may cause an allergic cystitis.
But there is also a list of factors, from what appears cystitis.
- severe hypothermia (especially in the pelvic region and lower back);
- sedentary work;
- unbalanced diet (frequent consumption of spicy and salty foods or alcohol), or a vitamin deficiency;
- hormonal disorders;
- lack of personal hygiene of the genital organs;
- long stagnation of urine in the bladder, constant overflow (when long suffering in the toilet) or constipation;
- pregnancy (especially last trimester, when the fetus is much pressure on the bladder and greatly expands the uterus);
- frequent change of sexual partner or «rough» sexual intercourse;
- a General depression of the immune system or chronic infections in the body;
- goes untreated early cystitis.
Cystitis can also appear in disabled or bedridden patients, because not until the end of the discharge tanks of the bladder during urination. Also, the infection can get into the cavity of the bladder after undergoing surgical interventions or operations on the urinary organs or the cervix.
Some young girls are faced with the «honeymoon syndrome», when it comes to cystitis after intercourse, when symptoms of the inflammatory process occur immediately after intercourse, or after 1-2 days after it. This happens because making women’s flora foreign pathogenic organisms.
The impetus for the re-manifestation of the disease may serve as the groin or pelvis, strong load on the spine or wearing tight, uncomfortable clothes or bedding.
The manifestation of the disease is hard to miss. The first symptoms of cystitis in women start with uchennyh of urination. In more advanced cases, the desire to «go small» occurs almost every few minutes, not only at daytime but also during night sleep. Patients noted a number of specific symptoms characteristic of the disease.
- it is impossible to exercise control over the activities of its bladder, which often leads to incontinence (enuresis);
- difficult or painful urination;
- urine small portions;
- burning and pain in the urinary channel;
- a strong smell of urine is cloudy in appearance or bloody;
- pain in the lumbar region and lower abdomen;
- deterioration of health.
Symptoms in children and the elderly may differ from the symptoms of cystitis in women and girls, and usually they are not so visible and manifest as the feeling of constant aching pain in lower back and stomach, may appear fever, nausea, increased tonWith the body.
Upon detection of host to some of the characteristic signs of the disease, many do not know to what doctor to go with the cystitis. Treatment of diseases of the bladder, the urethra, infection of the external genitalia and impaired kidney and adrenal glands is engaged in the doctor-urologist. By visiting this specialist, you will receive competent advice, the doctor will make a diagnosis and determine the extent and nature of the disease and direct further evaluation or prescribe treatment.
First aid for cystitis in women
If you go to the doctor at the first signs of cystitis for some reason does not work, there are some ways to help relieve your condition.
- Eat plenty of fluids.
- Apply dry heat to the abdomen or lower back, this will help with the pain.
- Rest, more rest, less go.
- In severe pain, have a pain reliever, like shpy or baralgin.
- Eliminate the intake of fatty, spicy and salty foods.
- Prepare the cranberry juice, it will help neutralize the excessive alkali.
- If there is no cranberry, drink a decoction of chamomile or calendula, these plants have excellent anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
For pain relief many helps taking water procedures, but is it possible to take a bath in cystitis? To this question the doctors give a negative response and often warn their patients that hot water can cause increased bacterial growth and a penetration into the other organs of the reproductive system. Best on the period of treatment is limited to taking a warm shower.
Ambulance cystitis is the place to be, but to get rid of the disease need complex treatment with antibiotics, immunomodulators and following a special diet.
At least, cystitis and is not classified as dangerous diseases, but sometimes because of severe pain a person can not lead a full life and need immediate treatment, so many are wondering if the hospital in case of cystitis. The patient’s condition is assessed by a specialist, but most of the disease it is recommended to remain on the legs and the patient is assigned a treatment is advised to observe bed rest and the doctor will write you a certificate for incapacity for work.
Treated right, be healthy!