Chondroprotectors for joints
The medications used for the treatment of various diseases of the joints –the cartilage protectors are assigned for degenerative-dystrophic diseases of musculoskeletal system – arthritis, osteochondrosis, others. This group of drugs are used to slow down the destructive processes and restore hyaline cartilage.
Chondroprotective drugs for joints
Joint disease in today’s world are very common. Long, turning into a chronic condition, pathology pulled degenerative changes in the cartilage, for which restoration is necessary chondroprotectors. These funds act as stimulants to the emergence of new cells of cartilage and the development of articular lubrication. At the moment, chondroprotectors for joints are key drugs for the treatment of pathologies associated with them.
Klassificeret drugs at the main active substance. So, there are two groups of chondro – contain chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine sulfate. The latter is indispensable in the synthesis of cartilage tissues, protects against free radicals and other damaging substances. Glucosamine, in addition, reduces swelling and has anti-inflammatory effect. Chondroitin has beneficial effects on calcium and phosphorus metabolism, carried out in cartilage. Substance gives elasticity to tissues and helps to recover, preventing the loss of calcium.
In case of arthrosis of the knee joint
This disease is characterized by destructive and dystrophic processes in the tissues, which causes a decrease in motor activity and joint deformities and severe pain syndrome and this is the reason. Chondroprotectors in synovial arthritis the doctor prescribes, usually in the form of tablets or powder. Positive changes begin to manifest a few months after the start of medication.
Significant improvement of the patient become visible only after six months of treatment with chondroprotectors. The recommended daily dose is 2000 mg. a need for a large daily quantity of the drug due to its poor absorption due to high molecular weight chondroitin. Sometimes when a knee specialist assigns injections. Injections are often more effective due to local penetration of chondroprotectors to the site of inflammation. Painful sensations become weaker after 2-3 treatments.
In coxarthrosis of the hip joint
A person with this disease is the gradual destruction of cartilage of the hip joint. Treatment in this case is complex. The doctor appoints to the patient chondroprotectors that slow/stop the destructive process and stimulate the production of joint lubrication, improves mobility of the hip joint. Drugs are sources of chondriotin and glucosamine produced the articular cartilage tissue. These substances nourish the damaged bone from the inside than promote rapid healing.
Osteochondrosis of the spine
The effectiveness of chondroprotectors for treatment of joints it has been proved by many clinical cases. However, the anatomical features of the spine and these drugs are questioning the effectiveness of drugs for the treatment of osteoarthritis. The low percentage of positive changes after use of chondroprotectors patients according to disease confirmation.
Doctors believe that the result of treatment of osteochondrosis by means of this group depends on the stage of the disease: early degree easier to cure than running form. The maximum therapeutic effect can be achieved while taking drugs containing glucosamine sulphate and chondroitin. The first helps to restore the structure of cartilage and protects joints from further destruction, and the second serves as the basis for the growth of new cartilage.
This disease has an autoimmune nature and often affects the hand or foot. Suffering pathology about 5% of the world population, but its causes still remain unknown. Under the influence of unidentified factors in a person’s immune system attacks the joints, destroying them. Moreover, the attack affects not only the shell joint and the intraarticular vessels, and as a result begins the inflammatory process, there is swelling.
Chondroprotectors for joints arthritis are used along with painkillers. Usually, patients taking medications on the basis of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. The doctor may also prescribe anti-inflammatory medications for joints. Thanks to the integrated approach reduces the swelling, is pain, the limbs become more flexible. If the arthritis has struck the large joints (eg, knee), appointed by intraarticular injections of chondroprotectors.
Medicines for joints are available in the form of tablets, solution for injection, ointments, gels, powders, capsules, creams. Nowadays, 6 basic types of drugs in this group:
- on the basis of chondroitin sulfate (symptoms, Structum);
- of cartilage/bone tissues of marine organisms, calves (Rumalon, Alflutop);
- the content of mucopolysaccharides (Arteparon);
- glucosamine Dona, Artron Flex);
- drugs mixed type (teraflex, Artron-Complex);
- on the basis of chondroitin and glucosamine;
- with the content of the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory components.
Solutions for injection
Many doctors prefer intra-articular method of administration of chondroprotectors, as it provides the best efficiency. After the procedure, there is an instantaneous hydration and nutrition of cartilage. Thanks to the injection prevents abrasion of the articular surfaces. Injections for joints have one major drawback – high price. Best chondroprotectors in this group are:
- Alflutop. The liquid contains components of cartilage tissue of marine organisms (small fish). They have such chondroprotectors new generation for the treatment of degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, spondylosis of the spine, deforming osteoarthritis, including knee and hip.
- Hyaluron. The Foundation funds and hyaluronic acid. Injections to patients with arthrosis, during rehabilitation after injury or arthroscopy.
- Rumalon. Is a purified extract bone marrow and cartilage of calves. Your doctor may prescribe the cartilage of joints with degenerative processes. The drug is used for treating coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, spondylosis, miniscope, osteoarthritis of the toe joints, chondromalacia of the patella.
- Hondrolon. The composition contains chondroitin sulfate and auxiliary substances. The drug is used for the treatment of arthropathy, osteoarthritis, intervertebral osteoarthritis.
Pills for joint pain
The funds are for oral administration on prescription. Some experts think the effectiveness of this form of chondroprotectors for the joints in question as the ability of the active ingredients to pass through the esophagus to the affected joint is unchanged has not been proved. However, often such tools show a positive effect. Well proven pills for joints:
- Movex asset. The drug includes diclofenac, chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine. Prescribed pills to treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system, which are accompanied by inflammatory processes, pain, impossibility of free movement. Cartilage effective in osteoarthritis, periarthritis, degenerative lesions of the cartilage.
- Geladrink Forte. Dietary Supplement contains chondroitin, collagen and glucosamine. The drug can be used both for prevention and for the treatment of various joint and bone disorders.
- Teraflex. The basis of remedies – chondroitin and glucosamine. Take capsules with osteochondrosis, arthritis, arthrosis, spondylosis, after surgeries and injuries of the spine.
- Structum. Main active ingredient is chondroitin sulfate. The doctor may prescribe capsules of patient with osteoarthritis or intervertebral osteochondrosis.
Chondroprotectors for the joints in the form of ointment, cream or gel have a local effect. Such tools are rubbed into the skin directly to the area of localization of the affected cartilage. They relieve swelling and reduce pain. However, the active substances in the composition of ointments are not absorbed into the blood, so cartilage cannot be restored with the help of such drugs. To remove unpleasant symptoms help such funds and their equivalents:
- Chondroitin-AKOS. The active ingredient of the ointment is chondroitin sulfate. The drug is indicated as an addition to the tablets/capsules in the treatment of osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis.
- Artrotin. The composition includes glucosamine chondroitin sulfate, ascorbic acid, herbal extracts. Assigned to ointment for sciatica, arthritis, degenerative disc disease, and other pathologies of musculoskeletal system.
- Traumeel. The basis of gel exclusively vegetable extracts (Arnica, Hypericum, calendula). The drug is indicated to relieve pain in arthritis, osteoarthritis, other degenerative and inflammatory processes.
- Symptoms. The active substance of the ointment is chondroitin sulfate. Appointed agent for the prevention of development of osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease of the spine.
Olga, 34 years:within two months for treatment of degenerative disc disease was taking Chondroitin at the same time drinking herbal decoction and rubbed the ointment Traumeel. Drugs for the treatment of the joints used, as indicated in the instructions. The pain gradually became weaker, and at the end of the course took place at all.
Leonid, 47 years:I Have arthritis of the knee, which is: it becomes painful to walk and just move my leg. Used to drink the pills and the effect was almost unnoticeable. Recently, on the advice of the doctor pierced the full course Chandragadi, felt a great relief. It took 2 weeks after the treatment, I feel fine.
Juliana, 24 years:because Of the sedentary work I started back, then neck. The doctor diagnosed low back pain and prescribed the reception of the cartilage of the don. The course took 3 months, took a powder diluted in water, daily, as indicated in the abstract. A month later the pain passed.