Antibiotics for pneumonia
Pneumonia is a dangerous disease of the respiratory system, which requires serious treatment. Often to fight inflammation of the lungs is possible only with the help of antibiotics. Everyone will want to know which antibacterial drugs may be prescribed for people with this diagnosis.
How to treat pneumonia with antibiotics
Remember that the drugs should appoint a doctor. To use them illegally is strictly prohibited. To make an appointment, the physician should determine the sensitivity of the organism to the antibiotic. For the latter we need to take a sputum test and find out which bacteria caused the disease. According to the results, prescribe appropriate medication. If the doctor prescribed an antibacterial drug, then you need to strictly follow his recommendations and take the full course of treatment.
What antibiotics are prescribed
Choose medication based on the severity of left-hand or right-hand pneumonia, and the causative agent of infectious disease. There are the following groups:
- Penicillin series. Are assigned, if the pathogen is Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Generation fluoroquinolone group. Effective in inflammation caused by Haemophilus influenzae, Legionella.
- Cephalosporin series. Apply the ineffectiveness of antibiotic treatment penicillin group or individual intolerance. Immediately appointed against Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli.
- Macrolides. The causative agent is Legionella.
- Tetratziklinove a row. When the causative agent chlamydia, Klebsiella, Salmonella.
- Aminoglycosides. Apply when disease caused by several species of bacteria.
How much treated pneumonia
Term antibiotics for pneumonia, as his scheme is determined strictly individually. Affected by undergoing treatment for pneumonia at home or in hospital, disease severity, shape, type of the pathogen. As a rule, the maximum term of appointment is two weeks in a very difficult case, and when milder currents is reduced to 7-10 days. Often experts recommend the use of medication for another three days since then, as the body temperature of the patient will become normal.
Names of antibiotics for pneumonia
In each group there are a lot of drugs. In principle they are similar, but there are some important differences. They can be the methods of acceptance, efficiency, performance. Choosing what to prescribe antibiotics for pneumonia, the doctor must take into account all these features. In this disease prescribe medication broad-spectrum. They are very effective.
Antibacterial drugs of wide spectrum of action
Are gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. Cause pneumonia can both those, and others. Treatment with narrow spectrum antibiotics or other drugs are sometimes ineffective, because the body can develop resistance to certain pathogens. The same occurs when bacteria several. In this situation, the doctor prescribes empirical treatment, without specifying the type of the pathogen. It implies acceptance of modern broad-spectrum antibiotics. These include:
- the antibiotic penicillin;
- cephalosporins (Ceftriaxone).
Specialist may prescribe such antibiotics for pneumonia:
- Amoxiclav. Usually within 5-7 days make an appointment one or two pills.
- Sumamed. Medication broad-spectrum. The regimen is similar to the previous drug.
- Ceraxon. Ceftriaxone is not available in tablets, although it is considered very effective for pneumonia, bronchitis. Ceraxon – its lower quality counterpart.
- Azithromycin. A good option for initial stage of pneumonia. The course of therapy is one tablet twice a day for a week-long course.
- Amoxil. One pill two or three times a day, 5-7 days.
Effective intramuscular and intravenous injections of these antibiotics for pneumonia:
- The Ceftriaxone. Very often assigned. Stabbing Ceftriaxone for pneumonia once a day. The duration of the course is determined by the physician.
- Ofloxacin. Administered intramuscularly twice a day.
- The CEF (Cefotaxime). Introduce 1-2 ml twice a day with typical pneumonia.
- Ampiox. Helps you quickly, is appointed for 5-7 days.
- Ampicillin, Penicillin, Lincomycin. Assigned to the integrated treatment of pneumonia.
- Amoxicillin, Amoxiclav, Augmentin. Effective in mild and moderate form of the disease.
- Azithromycin (Sumamed, Azitroks, Azitral, Hemomitsin). Recommended in case of intolerance to penicillin antibiotics atypical pneumonia.
- Timentin, Sparfloxacin, Ceftazidime, Meropenem. In severe inflammation of the lungs (congestion, focal), complications (pleuropneumonia). Reserve drugs.
Features of treatment of pneumonia
Antibiotics are serious drugs that have a strong influence on virtually all body systems. You must strictly adhere to the rules of their admission, to violate the instructions of the doctors. Under no circumstances it is impossible to self-medicate, changing dosage, the timing of application. Treatment of pneumonia in children and in adults has its own characteristics. You should learn more about them.
Therapy takes into account such nuances:
- If it turned out that the atypical pneumonia, it is necessary in addition to the main to prescribe special antibiotics.
- As a rule, treatment is not one but several drugs. Appoint 2-3, symptomatic therapy. Effective mucolytics to thin the sputum, the means for expanding the bronchial tubes. If the temperature is very high, prescribe antipyretic. Antibiotics dramatic effect on the intestinal flora, so it is recommended to use means to protect it.
- Therapy should be designed to move with intravenous or intramuscular antibiotics to oral in no time.
- Antibacterial permissible method to complement the use of national resources.
- During treatment is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol.
- Many drugs cannot be administered during pregnancy and the breastfeeding period.
- Cure pneumonia will manage at home, but with strict observance of bed rest.
Therapy is carried out in accordance with such features:
- Newborns and children up to three years to be put in the hospital.
- Antibiotics for pneumonia in children is prescribed based on the age, weight, other characteristics of the organism. Evaluation of effectiveness occurs within a day or two. If no result, make a decision to change drug.
- In most cases children prescribed semisynthetic penicillins, cephalosporins of the second or third group of macrolides.
- Be sure to give the child medication in order to prevent goiter.
- Antibiotic therapy is in compliance with bed rest.
- Tools can be used for symptomatic treatment, vitamin complexes.
- When lost fever, it is necessary to start physical therapy, massages.
- Ensure that in the baby’s room was cool and clean.