Ankle orthosis on the joint
In the treatment of the ligaments of the joint the important point is the fixation and immobilization of legs. Previously used for this special splints, and modern medicine offers the use of more simple and reliable means – an orthosis for the foot.
What is orthosis
This device is designed for fixation of the ankle and other joints after injuries. Splint on the foot wear to:
- recovery of motor function of the joint;
- stabilization and fixation of ligaments;
- the removal of load from the joints of the spine;
- the recovery of damaged soft tissues after sprains, fractures, contusions;
- elimination of pain syndrome caused by various pathologies of the joints;
- protection during sports activities that involve heavy loads;
- correction of deformity of musculoskeletal system.
Ankle-foot orthoses on joint reduce pain after injury, to prevent the negative effects of peak load on the muscles and bones of the feet. Without rigid fixation is extremely difficult to restore the ankle joint after injury. The orthosis must be prescribed by a doctor, because the wrong lighting fixture can worsen the condition of the patient. The appropriate degree of stiffness of the splint selected on the basis of the type of damage to the joint.
Injury prevention ankle fit soft, flexible orthoses for the foot. They are made with the use of breathable materials, which are well drawn. A quality brace provides compression, warming effect. In addition, golenostopy provides micro massage effect, thus in the leg aktiviziruyutsya blood supply. Soft locking mechanism of the foot is important not only to prevent injury to the ankle joint, but also for the treatment of minor injuries of the ankle.
Average degree of fixation
Semi-rigid ankle orthosis on the joint has the appearance of the boot is elastic with a built-in in the fifth with a plastic insert. This device is attached to the leg by means of special straps. In addition, various models of orthoses average fixation can be equipped with additional details:
- silicone or gel pads to soften the product;
- the pneumatic chambers to customize the fit of the splints in the legs;
- that is regulated by a lacing;
- metal or durable plastic for greater rigidity of the brace.
Therapy serious injury of the reference apparatus is performed by using rigid clamps. Immobilizing splints are fitted with metal plates, hinges, liners and durable different plastic parts. Such devices maximum immobilize the ankle, preventing the displacement of the bones. Products strong hold appointed people with a strong deformation of the joints or for the recovery of the legs after a serious injury.
Indications and contraindications to the use of
Use any type of splint depends on the nature of the damage or injury of the foot. A key objective in the application of such devices is the removal of the load with sore feet, so you can restore motor function and reduce the risk of complications. The doctor selects the patient for any splint on the ankle, based on the type and severity of the disease. The indication for the use of clamps is:
- a fracture of the ankle;
- sprains, muscle;
- instability of the ankle due to sprains/subluxations;
- pathology of a chronic nature (arthritis, bursitis, arthrosis);
- inflammation in the tendons;
- rehabilitation after surgery;
- paralysis of the foot, including children;
- prevention of injury during intense workouts.
Contraindications to wearing ankle cut are:
- inflammatory processes on the skin;
- open wounds on the foot;
- Allergy to splint materials.
How to choose ankle
Restraining orthosis is chosen solely by the physician based on the medical history of the patient and his individual characteristics (age, presence of an extra chamber of the severity of injuries or chronic illnesses). To treat immaterial, lung injury, usually used soft wares to the ankle, with severe damage of the feet are rigid retainers.
Upon receipt of physician recommendations for select the type of splint, the patient can go for the fixture. What important aspects to look for when buying a lock:
- circumference of the ankle;
- the length of the foot;
- calf circumference (the area between the ankle and the knee);
- ankle circumference (area under pits).
If your settings are in the middle of two sizes, it is better to buy a smaller one. Large ankle orthosis on the joint will be useless: its impossible to tighten, so to immobilize the affected leg, he will not. This fixture is better not to save, especially if you wear your retainer takes a long time. Models equipped with additional elements to increase patient comfort, have a higher price.
How to wear the brace on the ankle
- To wear need retainer sitting on cotton socks without seams.
- Gradually the time wearing the immobilizing devices increase (the first day of use the brace no longer than an hour).
- Day by day is to increase the load on the injured leg.
- If the doctor recommended to wear a bandage for shoes, you should buy a pair of soft sneakers 1-2 sizes to your standard.
- Time to get used to the retainer is stretched, usually in 1-6 weeks, the same duration withdrawal from the fixture.
- If after wearing the splint on his leg remain red spots do not go within half an hour after removal from the clamp have to give up and go to the doctor again.
Where to buy and how much are braces for ankle
Buy fixation dressing is recommended in specialized health stores or pharmacies. There you will have the opportunity to try the appropriate tools to assess their convenience. In addition, only in official points of sale of medical equipment you will be able to provide certificates of quality for goods and to give a guarantee. The value of ankle orthoses on joint depends on the type of fixture and manufacturer. Examples of popular models and their price:
- Orlett Lab average fixation (Orletta) – up to 4000 R.
- Ladomed soft bandage – 1900.
- Orphit high average hold – up to 10,000 n
Dmitry, 25 years
Muay Thai last year was an ankle injury (severe injury), used a soft locking Yunifleks, but the workout still had a month to stop. From this brand still have a good splint for the thumb, which is too often injured in those who experience in the martial arts type kickboxing, or karate.
Elena, 31 years
On a sprained foot, the doctor recommended to wear a flexible, soft retainer. Bought in a drugstore lab-201 – the quality of the product is excellent, the foot does not get the joints not under pressure, so circulation is not impaired. Recovered 3 weeks, every day wore a splint for a few hours (mostly when I had to go somewhere or to do household chores).
Maxim, 23 years
Jogging badly injured leg, the ultrasound the doctor saw a partial tear of ankle ligaments. He was treated for a long time, then for recovery I was prescribed the wearing of a brace. Used, Orro 1008 because it is inexpensive, and the characteristics and quality is not worse than others. Supports the foot orthosis well, the pain when walking is not felt. The only negative part of the product is white, so gets dirty quickly.