Polymer clay with your hands
Modeling not only trains children’s motor skills, it can become a hobby for adults. You can sculpt out of cold porcelain clay and polymer clay. The latter is especially popular for making flowers, small figurines and other accessories. Recipes will help you with the question how to make modeling clay on your own.
How to make polymer clay at home
From a material called polymer clay or plastic, you can create the most unexpected elements. It is often taken as a basis for costume jewellery, moulding bracelets, rings, headbands or brooches. All of these decorations will sparkle with bright colors that you choose for modeling. Looks very nice jewelry on the neck is a pendant, necklace or just the beads. In second place is a utensil that is decorated with polymer clay by his own hands. Glasses, mugs, teapots or spoons – they can spend months to decorate your table.
Entirely of polymer clay to make toys in the form of ball-jointed doll or sculpt small tableware set for them: his sculpture is especially interesting for the child. Today skilled seamstresses make from this material all that lack of imagination – from trinkets to flowers, while already there are many recipes which are prepared with polymer clay with your hands. If you buy it in the store, in the composition are vinyl chloride polymer and liquid additives, there are plasticizers. For the independent production based on starch, glue, glycerin and soda.
Polymer clay for the molding of potato starch
The first recipe, which is cooked polymer clay with their hands, based on potato starch. Often used instead of corn. The only difference is that the form of the products of potato starch turns a little greyish. If the products used corn, they look white. For the recipe requires the following ingredients:
- vaseline or hand cream – 1 tsp.;
- baby oil – 2 tsp;
- PVA glue – 100 g;
- lemon juice – 2 tbsp;
- potato starch – 100 g
It will take enameled saucepan. Pour into it about 1 liter of water, put on fire. While the liquid is boiling, follow the following instructions:
- Take disposable cups. In one of them pour the glue into another empty starch.
- Glue send in another enamel container. There also add butter with cream and lemon juice, mix well.
- Next, heat a mixture over a saucepan of water, i.e. in a water bath. Just don’t do it too long, otherwise the clay will overheat and become tight.
- After that, pour all of the ingredients to the starch. In such small proportions can do it immediately, not gradually.
- Stir intensely to the ground to stick to the bottom of the tank.
- The mixture will begin to appear lumps, it will become like cottage cheese, and then turn into the kom large sizes. At this point, and clear the container of the water bath.
- Grease the Hands, start to knead the mass.
- Download the clay giving it the shape of a ball, cover with a layer of cream and wrap with foil, to not enter into the air. The material must Mature for approximately 12 hours.
Recipe from glue and glycerine
This manual involves one of the milestones adding glycerin. This substance helps to avoid cracking of the finished products. For this recipe you will need the materials in the following proportions:
- PVA glue – 2 tbsp. l;
- the water is cold – 1 tbsp.;
- glycerin with 10-15 drops;
- potato or corn starch — 1 tbsp.
To cook polymer clay for this recipe, go through the following steps:
- Armed with a saucepan with a thick bottom. Mix up the glue and half water.
- Cook the mixture over low heat about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take a separate container where you connect the remaining water and starch.
- Starch, send in a pot of water and glue, drip the glycerin, then mix thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat, leave the pan to cool for a while.
- Clay put on the table sprinkled with starch.
- Knead the «dough». It will be enough, if it becomes pliable and its surface is smooth.
- Form of clay bead as shown in photo. Then wrap in cling film, send it on the shelf of the fridge for a couple of days.
Self-hardening polymer clay with your hands
The latest recipe is possible to prepare self-hardening clay. For this option you will need the following materials and tools:
- baking soda — 2 tbsp.;
- water – 0,25 article;
- corn starch – 1 tbsp.;
- a spatula for mixing dough;
- wax paper for baking;
- non-stick pan.
Self-hardening polymer clay prepared according to this instructions:
- In a saucepan combine all the listed ingredients.
- Heat it on the fire, stirring constantly. When the mixture is a bit disperse, put a few drops of any fragrant oil, such as, cinnamon. So the finished material will have a pleasant smell.
- Keep the weight on the fire until bubbles and the formation of her coma. All this time, do not forget to stir, atskilliga mixture from the bottom.
- When you see that the mass began to resemble mashed potatoes, turn off the heat.
- Dump the contents of the pan into another container, the bottom of which is covered with wax paper for baking.
- While «dough» is cooling, grease a hand with a fat cream.
- Knead the mass in one big lump. Keep it in a sealed package to the edge is not frozen.
- Raw material ready for molding. Roll it as thin layers, molds, cut out any figures, a toothpick to make patterns on them, and then dry in air or battery.
Video: master class for beginners
Photo of beautiful products, made from polymer clay