How to make playdough at home
For children there are plenty of interesting activities, such as painting or sculpting. The latter especially develops creativity kids, because of the clay can be molded into anything that tells a fantasy. While parents do not have to run to the store – a lot for sculpting easy to make at home.
How to make playdough at home with your own hands
The clay is prepared according to different recipes, because there are several types of this material: each of them will have their own special ingredients. Importantly, the components are not harmful to toddlers who often pull everything in his mouth. Avoid eating homemade playdough is very simple, adding to the test citric acid salt. To diversify the material color will help food dyes, which have low price and are absolutely safe. Bright and rich color make the figures more attractive.
Salt dough for sculpting and products
The mass of flour and salt is the standard version of the clay. Prepare a modelling dough for kids is not difficult, because the necessary ingredients are in each family. The composition includes the following components:
- Flour is the Foundation without which it could not do, and will suit wheat, oats, corn, or any other. The main condition is a light shade to any dye gave a color material.
- Water is the second primary ingredient that makes the dough for sculpting the required consistency and elasticity.
- Salt. Performs the function of absorbing and retaining moisture that does not evaporate. Without salt, the material dries, and it will not be able to use.
- Lemon juice is a preservative, it preserves the dough and creates the sharp taste that the child did not try the clay.
- Vegetable oil. Binds all the ingredients, adds flexibility, reduces stickiness, whereby to engage with the material much easier.
- Cream of Tartar, or alum. The first is needed to preserve the consistency and shape of dough, sold in confectionery stores. The second function is the same, only buy this ingredient at the pharmacy.
- Paint. Colored play dough is much more interesting, but it is better to use natural, harmless dyes.
To knead the salt dough for sculpting, you will need the following ingredients:
- flour – 2 tbsp.;
- vegetable oil – 1 tbsp;
- salt fine – 1 tbsp.;
- lemon juice – 2 tbsp;
- water – 2 tbsp.;
Homemade modeling clay is prepared according to this recipe:
- Take a saucepan, pour water, spoon of vegetable oil. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- In the second bowl mix the flour with the salt, then add lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the flour cooled water, mix to homogeneity and the complete absence of stickiness.
- Add any dye, knead the dough to evenly stained. For different colors, divide the clay into several pieces.
Magnetic smart clay
Smart clay has high elasticity, so it easily accepts any form. Once upon a time it was called «slime» or «bounce» if it was done in the form of a ball and now has a new name «hendgam». This polymer can be done at home, because the process is not difficult and the ingredients are very simple. Feature of the material that it is not greasy. In addition, this soft clay you throw against the wall, he will stick to it. Material properties develop creativity, fine motor skills and speech kids.
Magnetic hendgam different from the usual, as thanks to special particles are able to be attracted to metals. To make smart plasticine at home, you will need:
- PVA glue – 200 g;
- fine magnetic particles;
- sodium tetraborate (with glycerin) – 2 bottle;
- dye – brilliant green or natural;
- sequins for decoration or perfume for fragrance.
Here’s how to make a magnetic clay at home:
- In a clean glass container, mix the glue with dye. The first ingredient must be fresh: not more than a year, and even better – no later than 3 months from date of manufacture.
- There enter sparkles with flavor, mix with a spatula.
- Add tetraborate, knead the mass until thick and smooth, add magnetic particles.
Another recipe for smart plasticine does not include magnetic particles. Is obtained both dense and fluid, as usual hendgam. To prepare you need the following ingredients:
- medical alcohol or vodka;
- adhesive silicate;
- paint or food coloring.
Recipe how to make playdough at home looks like this:
- In the container mix the alcohol with the silicate adhesive in a ratio of 1:1. If you use vodka, in the ratio of 1.5:1. Whisk the mixture until the consistency of Wallpaper paste.
- Paint the mixture of brilliant green, iodine, gouache, nail Polish or food coloring. The addition of multi-colored sequin or phosphate chips will add material glowing effect.
- Rinse the prepared mixture under cold water.
What make of clay
Every parent wants to protect child from harmful toys. With clay the kids are in contact with the hands, and often at all dragged him in the mouth, so it is important that the material was environmentally friendly and safe. During Soviet times, clay is made on the basis of animal fat and some chemical substances. Today, there are many types of material for sculpture, but mostly the composition includes the following ingredients:
- animal fat;
- the pigments, there are colored dyes;
- clay powder;
The clay recipes for children at home
To take a baby an interesting case, which also develops creativity and motor skills is not an easy task. To solve the problem will help parents clay is a versatile material from which to mold figures, but to make a jumping ball. If you are afraid to let a child play with play-DOH purchase, check out the videos: they will teach themselves to make weight for modeling.