Many people like to spend weekends on nature walks in the woods, collect mushrooms, berries and herbs. However, if the mushrooms we often warn and inform about the dangerous types, with berries all the more difficult. At first glance, a beautiful bright fruit seem harmless, and very difficult to understand which of them are poisonous. For example, in our forests, common Wolfberry, which can cause not only food poisoning, but lead to death. Therefore, it is useful to learn about forest plants, its positive and negative qualities.
What is Wolfberry is why it is called
In the folk name «wolf berries» of the United a large number of berry bushes and herbaceous plants with fruits black, white, red, orange. The name of these plants received was not due to the fact that is food for wolves. Just earlier it was believed that the wolf represents evil, deceit, meanness, death, and Wolfberry looks harmless but actually has harmful a toxic effect.
Description of poisonous shrubs and plants colour of the fruit photo
Throughout the summer ripens many useful wild berries: strawberries, currants, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries, cherries. Just do not forget that a number of them grow, the berries are poisonous, causing acute poisoning. Let them not so much, but they look like everyone should know, especially if you take on the nature of children. List of toxic fruits are:
- Lily of the valley;
- bittersweet nightshade;
- crow’s eyes;
- black alder;
- the snowberry.
Bark wolf or wolf-like looks
Daphne (wolf) is a decorative evergreen shrub, which reaches a height of 150 centimeters. Stalks straight, covered with gray bark, malamatenia. The leaves are oblong, alternate, hold on short stalks, are smooth and hard surface. In the spring the plant is covered with beautiful, tubular, four petal flowers. Buds color varies from light pink, white to hot pink. By autumn the flowers ripen oval, deep red (sometimes yellow) fruits resemble in appearance the barberry.
All parts of the shrub (bark, stem, flowers, berries, leaves) possess toxic properties. For example, wet bark of the plant, leaning against the skin, causing severe irritation and pain. In contact with a few drops of juice of Daphne there is a burn that is characterized by redness of the skin, appearance of blisters and ulcers. Deadly considered to be berries, enough for 5 pieces of the fruit to cause severe poisoning.
Signs of poisoning wolf bast fruits are:
- profuse salivation and difficult swallowing;
- intestinal pain accompanied by vomiting with blood;
- feeling the burn on the mucosa of the oropharynx and the cavity;
- irritation of the conjunctiva of the eye;
- cramps, weakness, fainting.
It is a perennial small plant, with a maximum height of 40 cm crow’s eyes or cross-grass has a long root branched escape, straight and smooth stem, topped by a rosette of four (rarely five) leaflets. The crow’s eyes – oval or ovate, pointed at the ends. Location leaves crosswise. In the center of the pedicle in the spring of blooms flower greenish-yellow color. In late July – early August from a flower formed by round blue-black berry with a diameter of 1 cm, covered with a mucous layer.
Plant with «Raven» a berry often found in coniferous and deciduous forests, where there is a shady place and a lot of moisture. The composition of the plant and its berries includes deadly poisonous substance – the saponin paristhiti. Death leads to a dose of 10 berries. In cases of poisoning by fruits of ravens eye you experience the following symptoms:
- sore throat;
- burning in the mouth;
- nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain;
- dizziness, significant dilation of the pupils;
- severe headache;
- interruptions in the heart rhythm;
- heart failure;
- the cessation of breathing, paralysis of the respiratory center.
Honeysuckle is a creeping, erect, curly Bush, which represent a genus of caprifoliaceae. The plant may have a height of from 60 to 120 centimeters, and some varieties grow up to 5 meters. The length of the leaves of honeysuckle 2-3 cm, located in the office stalks, they are oblong, the top being a bright shade, lower, pale. The flowers of honeysuckle, like berries, can be varied – white, yellow, blue, pink. Blossoms in the second half of may.
In the middle of summer honeysuckle produces fruits. The berries have a different shape, colour and taste. There are varieties of fruits sweet, sour, sour-sweet, bitter, aroma of pineapple or strawberries. Coloring fruits – dark blue, red, black, orange. Form berries are spherical or oval. The plant is found in forests, it is grown in nurseries, is used in suburban areas and orchards. Not all varieties of honeysuckle berries can be eaten, some are poisonous. A distinctive feature of the edible fruit is the color. Eat only oblong blue and black berries.
Dereza ordinary (Goji) is a Chinese berry for weight loss
Goji refers to non-poisonous plant native to China, and its berries have beneficial properties and are widely used in medicine. The fruits of Goji are very similar to common barberry, have the same shape and color. In the composition of the berries a huge amount of nutrients, such as:
- minerals (21 names);
- amino acids;
- the fruit has b vitamins and lots of vitamin C;
Chinese physicians recommend the use of Goji berries as a multivitamin food Supplement. It is believed that the fruits of Lycium slow down the aging process, can help in the fight against diseases such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, cancer. Goji berries dietitians of China added to the diet when losing weight because they:
- Contribute to the production of growth hormone, which burns fat by the body.
- The berry contains a small amount of carbohydrates and has a low caloric value, therefore, subject to diet.
- The fruits of Lycium to prevent the formation of harmful free radicals, thereby facilitate the stress tolerated by the body during the diet.
- Fatty acids contained in the berries help to accelerate the metabolism, remove toxins.
- The consumption of Goji fruit improves vision.
- Help eliminate disruption of the diuretic system.
To guarantee weight loss with the consumption of Goji berries is impossible. The rate of weight loss depends not only from fruit but also from the chosen diet, diet menu, the individual characteristics of the organism. On average, when eating berries lost 1-2 pounds a week. During the diet parallel with the berries you must eat only healthy food, to reduce or completely to refuse flour products. Affect the rate of weight loss is physical activity and regular long walks in the fresh air. The fruits of Lycium brewed as a tea, added to cereals.
The beneficial properties of the Wolfberry and its application
Wolfberry is widely used in medicine to treat diseases:
- nervous system;
- the immune system;
- of the intestinal tract.
Of wolf berries in traditional medicine prepared herbal teas and tinctures, which then are treated for pneumonia, bronchitis, laryngitis, sciatica, paralysis, sore throat, tinnitus, cardiovascular disease. Healing properties, like toxic, is completely the whole plant (fruits, roots, juice, leaves, stem), which are harvested only in dry weather. Because of the toxicity of conventional medicine wolf berries are used. The fruit is added to homeopathic medicinal products for the treatment of skin diseases.
- For the treatment constipation not actively used the berries and bark of a plant of Lycium. To do this, take the dry crust (30 gr.), finely grind. The resulting mixture pour 200 grams of 30% alcohol, allow to stand for 10 days. The tincture take 1 teaspoon once a day.
- Hyperacidity gastritis, use the leaves of the Goji. Take 10 grams of dried leaves oregano, plantain, nettle, Goji, add half a Cup of water, boil for 10 minutes. Ready herbal infusion to drink three times a day after meals for 70 ml
What to do when symptoms of poisoning poisonous plant
If time does not help the person who poisoned the wolf berries, the lethal outcome is inevitable. Poisonous properties of the plant and the fruit are spread throughout the body very quickly. When symptoms of poisoning by berries of any poisonous plants you need to urgently call an ambulance or take the victim to the nearest hospital. While waiting for the doctor, do the following:
- Try to release the stomach from the poisonous berries. Induce vomiting. Do gastric lavage of the fruit: get affected person to drink plenty of water (1-3 liters) with the addition of activated carbon (4 tablespoons per liter) or potassium permanganate, again induce vomiting, to the remains of the fruit left. Repeat the procedure several times.
- If there are medicines, give the patient any heart and laxative, because the toxic effects of the fruits of the plant causing the heart failure, desiccation of the body and shock.
- When a person suffered from convulsions after eating the fruit of the poisonous plants, use chloral hydrate or milk, starch solution.
- After emergency from poisoning by the berries or plant, place the victim in bed, wrap a blanket, overlaid with warm heaters and wait for the doctor.